I would like to quote last weeks letter sent to me, "Did
I really write Sister Jacklin on your last letter? If I did, sorry:)
Maybe I felt some of your feminine side coming through (heehee)."
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Thank
you Mom I can't believe you called me a girl.
Sorry, I had a great week his week, we had some ups and downs which consists of every week anyway. So this week
was great we had an opportunity to teach many random people and try to
prepare a 9 year old's baptism (which didn't happen, I will explain
later). We actually have started to plan a lot better, because I have
come to notice that I don't plan very well. We actually had a cool
experience ourselves after a baptism we witnessed on Saturday for an 8
year old. We went to the party afterward and talked to this one guy who
was a friend of theirs and was a nonmember and he was really asking us
what we did and what our schedules were like and it was a pretty cool
experience. After the party we handed out cards to everyone there and he
actually gave us his email address which was pretty interesting and he
said to let him know if sometime we wanted to have dinner with him. Hopefully we can contact him and soon maybe get some more
info so we can visit him and share a message, but it was a really cool
experience. It was fun too because I talked most of the time. Yep I did,
I'm so proud of myself.
We had a great
experience with an investigator we have, named M and we made sure to
pause whenever we asked a question and it was an amazing experience with
the Spirit. I believe the Spirit testified much with him. He straight
after the lesson said, "When you guys come back, I have some insights,"
so he already invited us back which I believed was a blessing knowing
that he wants us coming periodically, I have faith that the Spirit will
testify to him that what we told him was true. He said that he will
include asking if our message is true by praying tonight, we will come
by next time and give him a Book of Mormon, we mentioned it, but he said
that he wants to stick with the books he is reading right now, we will
see if we can convince him to just read a little bit out of the Book of
Mormon next time.
Well also this last week we were preparing
for a 9 year old's baptism, she is the daughter of some less-active
parents and she was always going to church with her grandfather, but
because of complications she wasn't baptized when she was 8. Well, so we
visited them and made a program with the whole family and we were
setting up the music and all that stuff and it was really fun. On the
night of our missionary correlation meeting we had her interviewed and
she was ready to go. The Sunday morning was great we had a return
missionary speak, the sacrament meeting was a powerful Spiritual
experience and we were just excited for her baptism. Well as I said she
wasn't baptized now, this honestly was one of the most bizarre sacrament
meetings I have ever attended. So, apparently there was a situation that
was the reason why the family was less-active and it involved a member
who moved away. Well that sacrament meeting, OUT OF ALL THE CHANCES, the
member that was involved showed up to sacrament meeting that day, the
grandfather was furious and the family left with the girl getting
baptized and worse came to worse and the police were called and showed up
to the church for the member that was there, no one got arrested, but
no baptism and nothing, but a mess. Me and my companion were so
confused, because we didn't know why they were angry and that the
baptism wouldn't happen so me and my companion were just so confused, it's kind
of funny to look at how confused we were. So pretty much we had 7
nonmembers show up to church that Sunday. YAY! Tender Mercies!
Well
the great thing on Sunday was while we were contacting that night we
ran into many people who wanted us to come back and that was a great
blessing. We didn't really run into anyone crazy, but we had a lot of
fun in the rain, we actually had what they call El Niño which is a lot
of rain pretty much and we had one day where the big gutter or the Los
Angeles river was completely filled it was pretty crazy to see. My bike
was also acting kind of funny because it needed oil so it would make the
loudest squeaks and I scared this guy while I was trying to stop and he
was laughing and I tried to contact him, but he said ,"No you
scared me man." So that was unfortunate, we also went over these two
metals plates where there was this guy standing right next to them and
he was looking at his phone and the metals plates smacking together was
really loud and he just jumped back and just yelled,
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" and I thought that was pretty funny.
Well
looks like the week is going well with all of you I am excited that
Connor had a wonderful missionary experience, it's really fun being a
missionary because it's almost like everyone looks to you for comfort and
as something special, we actually were in the primary and the kids were
behaving because the missionaries were in the class with them, which was
funny us two men just sitting in a primary class. We have a great time
and it's crazy too how fast everything goes, I've noticed that when you
do the same thing over and over again you lose track of time, it's
amazing how it happens. Tomorrow is my first quarter training which
means I'm already a quarter into my mission, which isn't a lot, but it's
still pretty cool how fast it has been. I am so grateful for all of
your support and love and also for your spiritual inspiration, I haven't
been writing in my journal as much as I should, but I will make sure to
write more. I am doing well and am still moving forward with faith.
Actually
cool experience I was able to see one of those huge helicopters that
have the two blades, man they fly so high and they also are super loud
and super deep in tone I was a bit intimidated, it was pretty sick. I
never saw one of those flying before. Well to answer your questions Mom I
did enjoy the visit from the mission President and it was funny because
at our zone conference all the missionaries come up and greet the
mission president and right as he saw me he started laughing and said,
"Elder Jacklin Happy New Year!" So obviously he got a big kick out of
that night, he even called me out when I gave a comment he said, "I
surprise visited Elder Jacklin and he has a great apartment," which I
was flattered, but I don't think he will ever forget that night nor will
I because I was the one freaking out. My companions bike was also
stolen, but I didn't pay for his, and I did just go buy a new one, which
is nice, but I fear it's in more danger than the other one I had I
think. Well it was great to talk with you and I hope you have a great
day today. I am excited we are going to play soccer in a little bit with
my new soccer ball. I can't remember how to play, haha just kidding I'm
an expert remember. May God bless you and may Jesus Christ's grace be
with you, and may the force be with you.
Love your ultimate BUDDY,
Ældste Jacklin (I don't know if that was right ask Elder Magleby)
P.S.
Does Brother Hall have any family here in California? We have a Hall
family here in, my ward and I never asked that question, I'm going to
ask them because they have said that they have been to (lived in) American Fork a
few times and stupid me didn't put together the concept.
I
wonder if I should just send a bunch of Birthday cards and write down
the names of everyone on one and you can just figure out when their
birthdays are, or you could send me a calendar. Or I can just try my
hardest to remember.
Another question I have is what is
everyone's shirt size from Jordon, Jen, Connor, Carlee, Dad, and Mom? I was
thinking about getting some late Christmas shirts for all of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment