Monday, May 22, 2017

Love from the C.L.A.M!! πŸ€™πŸ½πŸπŸŒ΅πŸŒ΄πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Hello Family!
This week was full of so much miracles and exciting things. The best
was being able to talk with you all. That was really fun, sorry I was
so off that day and it was because I realized how much has changed, it
had nothing to do with coming home soon it just was I saw Derick for
the first time over video and also you all look so different in a good
way. Haha so I was mostly shocked the whole time haha! It didn't have
to do with anything you said or anything like that. It just hit me how
much has changed, but it won't faze me to work harder.
So this week on Monday we hung out with Elder Despain and Elder Vola
which was fun we just played board games and sports, P-days now a days
are not really about where you go it's just who you do it with because
in Los Angeles there isn't much to do that's not against the rules
both mission and commandments of God... haha I love this place!
We had a good time and then after that we tried some people in the
area and met some interesting people.
Tuesday was a fun day we had some studies in the morning and then we
went out to teach the Gospel to the broken hearted. We actually ran
into a less active member we knocked on his door and he was really
cool. He travels a lot he kept telling us to travel around the world,
not even to say maybe just do it. Haha He is really interesting
because he lives the gospel standards except going to Church which was
really interesting to me to see. I always wondered why some people do
that, but we had a good conversation with him, but as we were talking
he said, "I don't know you guys coming to my door must be a sign for
something I need to do better," we were like wow we haven't even said
anything yet about doing better with going to Church and stuff, but
that was a cool experience. We aren't going to see him until June 17th
or something like that, because that's how much he travels. Woo I
couldn't do it that much...
After seeing him we went contacting some more and in Lawndale there
are a lot of little basic houses and no one leaves them unless they
are going to work or to an event they committed to go to so when we
knock on doors and are walking around in those areas no one is out or
comes out. Haha it's good though because you can catch them if they
are trying to leave somewhere, but there is the classic L.A rich life
here. I remember in movies and stuff how peoples garages are like a
place for their extra curricular activities mostly cars and the houses
here in Lawndale fit that criteria. We walk up to guys who are in
their garages working on their cars and usually are not interested,
but that's when we get interested in their cars and then we end up
leaving them with a good feeling. πŸ‘
We then had an appointment with one of our new investigators T who is
super cool. He is this complete surfer dude! I love it, it reminds me
of San Pedro. He is going through a lot, but he is open to hear what
we are sharing. We just introduced ourselves and he loved it that he
wanted us to come back in a few days. That was really cool. He will be
a slower process. We also saw him on Saturday and we talked to him
about the Gospel and I was with Elder Branham on exchanges and we
asked him what he wants to do with meeting with us and he said,
"Change my life hopefully." That was really cool. We have another
appointment this coming Tuesday which should be cool.
After that we had a scripture study that we have every Tuesday and
that was fun!
That was Tuesday though.
Wednesday was good we went to a service at a bunny shelter which was
fun. We then had a full day of contacting, but we also had Ward
Correlation Meeting with the ward mission leader and then after that
contacted some more. Not much happened on Wednesday.
Thursday we had weekly planning and then we visited with this lady
named A and she is doing ok she has some resentments right now
that are keeping her from feeling the spirit, but we left her a talk
about forgiveness that hopefully will help her. That was the big thing
that happened on Thursday.
Friday we had District Meeting and then afterwards we had to help the
sisters out in our ward because they're car keeps losing electricity
so we have to go jump it. After that we contacted around and visited
some pretty cool people. There are a lot of people who know the
missionaries so we meet a lot of people that have met with us before.
It's really fun though.
Saturday was good so we were on exchanges and so for the first part of
the day we were working in Lawndale and then after that we went to
their area, but cool miracle we had in Lawndale there was this guy and
we were talking to him when he stopped us saying he lost his keys and
was looking for them so we told him to say a prayer, but we had to run
so he did and we left. Then later on we saw him again and he found his
keys and thanked us for that. He said he will never forget it. Super
awesome.
After that we went to the Assistants area and got rejected a lot, but
it's alright we had some cool conversations though.
After that we went and had dinner with a cool family the M's and
they are really cool. It was funny because they have a high tech
camera system when we walked up to the house the door already was
opening. Super scary... :/
Then Sunday I got to talk to you all. After Church. We didn't have
anyone show up for Church which is unfortunate, but service was great
we had some great lessons and talks as well.
After that I talked with you all and that was the best thing of the
week. Just really surprised me that it never hit me how much has
changed so I was just in awe when I was on the call. Haha
After that we had lunch at Grandma and Grandpa's (Brother and Sister
H). They are really cool we talked about each other's ancestors
he loved talking about it. Super cool!
After that we tried calling a few people and saying Happy Mothers Day
and then we went and contacted around. We met some cool people we met
a Pastor who goes and preaches in Compton to all the gang members and
he gets a lot of flack from it. He was really cool!
That was our week though!
I am doing so good I am starting to see the blessings of missionary
work more and more. I can't believe how much more my testimony has
grown in the Spirit and how it is the teacher. So many things that
happened this week that was because of the Holy Ghost, I'm so grateful
for our Heavenly Fathers Plan that allowed us to have a comforter so
we would not feel alone in this world.
I love you all I will make sure next week to send you all some
pictures. Have an awesome week!!




Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin

No comments:

Post a Comment