I'm glad that everyone is having fun and that a lot is
changing. Tell Connor not to worry about dating just tell him that the
girl's not the worst part it's the girl's dad. I can't believe he is old
enough to date, I didn't even think about that before I left all I
thought about was that he was going to be able to drive. Tell him not to
worry though, but if I don't hear that he's a ladies man I'm going to
be disappointed. It's cool that so much is changing I forgot that it has
been a whole month of mission, plus I recognized that in the photos of
the house that I don't remember the white desk in the corner before I
left so that blew my mind.
It's been great though I am loving
everyone's reactions to me and my companion, one guy said that we
believed that between the years 12 and 30 of Jesus Christ's life he was
in America, we had to tell him that it was after he was resurrected.
Life here has been pretty normal though my companion kept on looking at
the planes going by in the air and was saying "20 months elder," because
that's all he has left of his mission I told him it's alright and that I
have 23 months. I am still surprised that Grandma and Grandpa are
getting close to coming home I think I am going to split up my mission
by who is coming home in our family, but enough talk about coming home
because my companion said that on a mission you don't have a home so
yeah.
I have been lifting weights every day (except Sunday)
from now on because my companion doesn't want to run so if this keeps on
happening I think I'm going to be a football player when I get home.
Haha Just kidding. Just kidding. Just kidding. Just kidding. I am
lifting weights though instead of running. I love the area though and
it's crazy because at night you can hear gun shots some days, but we
always say it's fireworks. Haha Don't worry we have a guy who lives in
an area full of the people who are in gangs and he said that the police
need to be more worried than we do about getting trouble. It's great
here! The only thing that I don't like is that I won't be able to see
the stars unless L.A has a major black out at night, which I miss seeing
stars in the sky.
The people here are great I love running
into the crazies who have these theories about the church especially
this one guy who thought that Mormons couldn't eat lamb chops because of
the Law of Moses or something like that and I honestly just wanted to
bust up laughing, but I held it in. I actually had a really good
experience with this one guy I just went and started talking to him
normally and then asked him if he wanted to listen to our message and he
said Yes so $$$$$$$$$$. Money money money money!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I
probably shouldn't think of it that way, but I thought it was awesome.
I
actually am going through these phases where I forget that my team is
still running cross country, but tell Mckay to suck it up and be a man.
(Just kidding tell him that I will do all I can, which is pray, and that
I hope he gets better). I am excited to hear about my Coach's reaction
that I haven't escaped his wrath since my mission president has the same
attitude as him. If you go see the guys run grass relays tell them that
I hope they do well this year and to never give up even if they lose to
Davis because "hey!" it happened to me at Nationals, but we never gave
up and beat them back so just tell them to work with each other, not
against each other, and that they will do great things. Also tell them
that they are lost without me. haha :P
Well I better be
getting done, but tell everyone that I am praying for them. Tell Connor
too that he should have nothing to worry about and that if he needs any
pointers to winning a girls heart I know everything. ;) I love you guys
and I know that Heavenly Father is with you.
Love,
Elder Jacklin
No comments:
Post a Comment