Monday, August 31, 2015

It's Hard to be a Missionary, when you have walked a mile or two...

*Do you still have the car keys? Yes. 
*Did you have any funny experiences this past week? Yes. 
*Are you teaching anyone right now? How is that going? Yes. Good.
I thought I would answer the questions fast today.
Just Kidding.
 
Hello People,
I do have the car keys, but I am going to send them I just need to get stamps and then I will send them back. It's been a good week actually we have talked with a lot of people and we actually have about 10 people we are teaching, the only problem is that only one is actually progressing and it's funny because he's a guy who is really caught up in what the world says is correct, but he does want answers and so we told him the best person to ask is Heavenly Father so he agreed to pray and read the Book of Mormon. The days have been great though we actually talked to a lot of people on the streets which I think is the best because you see how people try to nicely get away without agreeing to listen to our message. The best was we had 3 guys in a row see us and then run across to the other side of a busy road just so they could avoid us. I kind of wanted to run after them because they wouldn't be able to get away Ghost haha.
I really had a lot of funny experiences which on a mission happens A LOT! Especially this morning me and my companion were getting ready to have a companionship study and I was praying to get us started and I asked for some things then when I was closing we had a quick Earthquake happen so I think Heavenly Father likes my prayers so he shook the Earth for me. So yeah that was my first earthquake out of a lot more.
I can't wait to figure out my camera too so I can send pictures. I am really slacking at that I'm sorry. We've had a lot of good experiences as well this week and I think I know why Brother Hall loves all the Spanish music because that's a lot of what you hear when a car is passing by. I'm also trying to memorize how I can talk to someone who speaks Spanish to the extent that I can refer him to Spanish speaking missionaries, but it's hard.
I've learned a lot since I started a mission and one thing is that you have to be patient with yourself because "The Best Two Years" is very accurate at depicting a missionary in training. I make a lot of mistakes and my companion laughs at me, but then he tells me that he was in my shoes only a month ago. I really like teaching though because it's such a spiritual experience that makes you want to just press rewind and start over again. I have noticed though that on a mission you can honestly just open your mouth and words just come to your mind and it's the coolest experience. I can't wait for more experiences.
I've had a great time as well reading the scriptures it's hard too because I need to read and pay attention to things that will help others, but I always get stuck on a really deep scripture and I get so excited because I understand it and then my companion says "Elder how does that help our investigators?" and then I notice that it's way to deep for an investigator to understand. You have to watch a lot of what you say because teaching an investigator is like teaching a little child about our message. I always catch myself saying words that they don't understand and then I have to start over again. I think if you want to prepare for a mission, go to mission prep and also go and teach primary because it's probably pretty close to the same. My companion also sang one time while we were walking which has the tune of "I hope they call me on a mission" and he sang " It's hard to be a missionary, when I have walked a mile or two." So we at least have fun when we are going through torture.
Well I don't have much time today because of all the stuff that has happened already, but I know that as a missionary it is hard, but it is fun, spiritually enlightening, funny, and above all one of the most wonderful experiences in the whole world, it really is true of how much joy you feel bringing one soul to eternal salvation.
I hope you guys have a fun week and I can't wait to hear from you. Also Momma can you put my favorite scripture on the blog somewhere it's 2 Nephi 32:3.
I love all you peoples and I know Heavenly Father loves you all and also loves your prayers.
Love you all,
Elder Jacklin

No comments:

Post a Comment