Hello my fans,
It is Elder Jacklin and I have come to tell you of my
adventures in the Los Angeles California mission. It's very hot here
and the animals are dangerous, from the large cockroach to the vicious
dog. Our climate is humid of pollution, and not much of water. It's
great though, we are still alive.
Well this weeks been pretty chill, not much happening, but
this week coming up will be fun. It's cool to hear from you guys. Well
as I said Connor is already a ladies man, I'm so proud of him, I
taught him well. I laughed when I heard what he said, that's awesome. I
never got anyone that hugged me for 15 seconds, haha. I actually got
hugged for a minute, step it up Connor, just kidding this is all I can
do to make fun of him. :( Well I felt like being nice today so I
comprised my whole week into a large story. I hope you enjoy.
Monday
Today we had a great time. We washed our laundry and then
went ahead and emailed, but it was fun because after emailing we went
bowling with the Spanish missionary District Leader and his companion
in our area. It was fun, but the bowling alley was pretty expensive. It
wasn't the best, we still played but probably won't go there again. I
didn't even get passed 100 it was a sad day.
We had a great time visiting with our new investigator
R and her two sons J and Y (crazy name) and talked about
the restoration with her and her sons to refresh it in there minds,
because they were former investigators and R is awesome. She
already knows the Book of Mormon is true and is fine with being
baptized, but for a specific date she has to ask her husband (there
always has to be something every time even if they are solid). We know
though that we will be ready for December 13th so we are praying for
that to work. Unfortunately I will probably be gone then, but that
doesn't matter at least I prepared them for it. So R and her
son J are the two that could be baptized. We might have a chance
to teach the father as well so that will be fun.
We then just contacted for the rest of the day. We meet
many interesting people at night and we ran into this homeless guy named
K and he was just preaching away about how he was an elder as well
and also a Dragon, he was drunk though so that explained the strange
behavior. He's a cool guy the same with many people we meet.
Tuesday
We had a very busy day today, we went and did Elder
Wiedrich's New Missionary Orientation #3 and he received his iPad and
he was excited even though it is a huge responsibility. We then had to
return the Zone Leaders car back to them, and I was driving even
through my first transfer. I was driving a car until they took it away,
traffic here is crazy I honestly get a little nervous every time I get
behind a steering wheel.
We actually had an awesome experience, we ran into one of
our investigators named C and it was hard to schedule with him
especially since his Mom doesn't like him to do things differently, or
in other words she is very over protective, which is good for a mother
it just makes it hard for us, but we actually got her permission to
teach C and also the fact that he may be baptized into the
church. She also gave us eggnog and I was worried at first that it was
some sort of coffee, and then my companion was worried afterwards that
it might have had alcohol in it, but for all I know I was going crazy
last night so probably not. Hopefully.
Wednesday
We had a pretty slow day today, but we ran into some
interesting people. We saw on a window this sign that pretty much said
no soliciting, no voting campaigns, and no religious visits so pretty
much they don't talk with anyone, because no one normal just walks up
to your door and knocks on it. It also was super windy today, I felt
like I was going to get blown over by all the wind. We went to visit
this one new investigator that we have who we've had a hard time
visiting, but we ran into his mom and she only speaks Spanish, but she
loved what we were doing for her son so that was cool.
We have correlation meetings on Wednesdays and our ward
mission leader is so fun and really works hard as well, he actually
was a part of a gang when he was young and then went into the
military and then found the church. He's fun and I got to take a picture
with him, because he's so short and stubby it is kind of funny. They
take really good care of us though over here.
We also visited this former bishop and he is 95 years old
and we visit him to see if there is anyone to teach or even just for
advice, plus our ward mission leader wants us to, but they are fun. I
like them, especially because we get ice cream from them. He's very
knowledgable about the Gospel and the scriptures and it kind of
reminds me of Grandpa Lyon which is great.
I also was interviewed by my President Weidman and guess
what he might call me to be a zone leader. Haha just kidding I would
have passed out, because of the work behind being a zone leader. It was
funny because the zone leaders just told me to go in and President
Weidman wasn't there so I was thinking "Well is he going to scare me
or something?" A few minutes later he walked in after going to the
bathroom and laughed that they put me in there by myself. Luckily I
passed so I'm still good.
Thursday
Today was boring, because we had district meeting and then
we weekly planned because normally district meeting is not until
tomorrow usually, but this week it was different for specific reasons,
but it was great, but boring at the same time.
We then went and visited two of our investigators D and
L and they are doing great we just need permission from their
parents to extend a baptismal date. I think they might be ready
for December 14th, but we shall see.
All in all a slow day, which normally doesn't happen.
Friday
Today we just went around Lynwood trying to find people and
as we were on our way right as we entered Lynwood Elder Wiedrich's
tire went flat and so we just walked around and then had to walk our
bikes all the way back to Downey and our apartment.
We then visited a recent convert we have who is bipolar and
she can get a bit off topic sometimes, but she's staying very faithful
to the Church. She gives the Elders nicknames for our last names for
some reason, but apparently mine is Elder Jack-o-lantern and my
companions is Elder Weed-rich which I'm a little concerned for, but
it's just funny.
We then tried to visit someone that we set a return
appointment with and she was there, but no other adult males so :( no
good there and so we set another visit for next week and we will bring
someone just in case this time. Today was great though and we had a
lot of people that rejected us and a lot that didn't so pretty even by
the end of the day on that subject.
Saturday
Today was alright, we spent most of the day trying to fix
Elder Wiedrich's bike, but we might need to get him a new tire tube.
So we pretty much walked all the way to Lynwood and we ate at Taco
Bell which I'm wondering why we never went to Taco Bell in Utah, but
whatever. We then went and started talking to people.
We had a cool lesson with one of our investigators named
E, and she suddenly said if I'm convinced to get baptized I
will or in other words if she receives an answer than she says that
she doesn't know why she wouldn't, but we are just waiting for that,
even though it's going to happen anyways. She has a baptismal date for
December 6th, but we might need to switch it because we haven't even
talked about the commandments especially the Word of Wisdom which most
of the time is a problem, but who knows we might get surprised. That's
pretty much our Saturday this week though.
Sunday
Well today was a little slow we had one investigator at
church today and we were also dropped so a little eh I'd say. Today at
church was great though we talked about being an example and I hope
that's what I am doing, I try my hardest. We also had one of our
recent converts bring his brother with him to church which was pretty
awesome.
We had one of our newer investigators drop us because he
took one glance inside the Book of Mormon and lost interest, I don't
know why , but we tried to see if he would at least keep the book, but
he wouldn't take it back. I guess some people are ready at certain
points in their lives and he probably wasn't, but I hope he will get
another chance. It helped kind of for me to realize that any one of
our investigators could suddenly just lose interest or drop us and
that's why we need to keep trying to find more and more people to
teach.
Well we also had to re fix Elder Wiedrich's bike tire
because we forgot to check for any objects still inside the tire, but
didn't so the inner tube got stabbed again, so we spent a lot of time
trying to fix that. Elder Wiedrich's losing his patience with his bike
so I need to make sure he doesn't murder his bike tonight and break a
commandment, just kidding. Well that pretty much sums up our Sunday it
was great though. It is true that you just need the sacrament every
week, and also we had someone talk about how we also need a constant
intake of spiritual things such as the scriptures just like how we
need food. If that were to happen I would know the scriptures back and
forth, haha (that means I eat a lot). I think that was a grandpa and
Dad joke oh no I'm becoming one of them :o .
Well I know everyone is grateful this thanksgiving season
and the only things I am grateful for is being here and that we have
dinner appointments this whole upcoming week, so much joy. I forgot
to get a picture of my guns mom, but I will see what I can do to
still send something, they're pretty "big" though. Well I love you all
and I hope you have a great week this next week.
I
L
O
V
E
Y
O
U
A
L
L
L
O
V
E
,
E
L
D
E
R
J
A
C
K
L
I
N
Haha :)
P.S. Mom I am being fed this thanksgiving, and yeah that's it.
Monday, November 23, 2015
Love From L.A.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment