Monday, November 30, 2015

Love From L.A.

Good Tidings My Family,
This week's been great. We had a wonderful time this week in fact we had a general authority come to train us at last weeks Tuesday which I will talk about in a little bit. That's cool though that it is snowing (literally). It's cool here, but not cold enough that it will snow, probably in the mountains, but not pretty much where we are. Well that's pretty awesome.
       So Monday was pretty awesome we played basketball and had some fun with that. I felt so accomplished I was dribbling the basketball and then I hit it up and balanced it on my head. I felt so awesome I think I'm ditching running and am going to play soccer. Tell Coach Eyestone I am so sorry, I am a soccer legend now. Well after that we pretty much went and contacted around and talked with people and nothing really excited happened, but we had fun though. So that's all that matters.
        Talking about Tuesday we went to Westchester to have a training from Elder Clark of the Seventy which was the General Authority visiting. It was awesome he was a teacher and really good at teaching us about how to teach people not lessons and also about helping investigators understand the Book of Mormon better. We had fun especially when he talked about how President Weidman could after he is released as Mission President become a nursery teacher, which I thought was hilarious because of how strict he is, I mean just imagine Coach Mostert teaching nursery and that's pretty close to what it would look like. It was awesome too because that night we met this guy just outside his apartment and talked with him and I don't know why, but I invited him if he knew what we were talking about was true that he would be baptized and he said "Yes" which I thought, that was easy.
         Well Wednesday was fun, we went to one of our investigators with a baptismal date and talked with her briefly and she's doing alright, but we are kind of worried that she won't be ready for the 6th of December, but we have faith that she will, I've got to destroy my fear.
         Sorry this is going to be a bit shorter than last weeks. Then Thursday was Thanksgiving and we ate dinner at a members home and it was good. It was funny because the Turkey had some spicy stuff on it so it was a little Hispanic, but it was good. We had fun talking with members and then going out and talking to the strangest people, which happens everyday, but they are all my brothers and sisters so I love them so much; they are the greatest.
         Finally Friday we had exchanges so I was with our district leader who is Elder Piepgrass and he is from Canada (Dad you might know him). It was fun we went around helping them try to get in contact with people. He's a great missionary and he scared me a little bit, because he said that it was freezing outside, which it wasn't, and he has been out for 15 months and is from Canada so I think I'm going to get used to the weather here as well and think 50 degrees is freezing cold!
          Seriously Saturday was a blast we went out and talked with a lot of people on the streets about how much Heavenly Father loves them and how wonderful they are to Him. We went around and also went to Compton which was my companions first time being there so he is "Straight outta Compton" like I am. We then figured out if our investigators were going to come to Church tomorrow and we got a few answers, but still praying that they will come.
           Suddenly Sunday comes around and none of our investigators show up and I was disappointed, but I made sure to focus on the Savior and the Sacrament and Church and not worry about it and that's more important than worrying about investigators coming, although it is good to worry about their salvation, but the Sabbath is our time to focus on the Savior and devote our day to God and rest. Actually a few minutes left into Sacrament Meeting we had 3 of our investigators show up so we were happy. Well we went to visit one of our investigators with a baptismal date again today and talked about the Word of Wisdom and she doesn't have any problems with it, but she is a little hesitant about it, she feels like her agency is taken away from her because of these rule, but it isn't and there are consequences with our choices so she said that she would at least try it out, so thumbs up on that one.
           Well sorry if the email is not as big as the last one, but that one took a while so I'm taking a bit of a break. Well L.A is still fun there is nothing wrong with it and there is nothing wrong with me except for the fact that I might be crazy! I love you all and hope you all have a great week this week and I will make sure I do as well. Don't get sick! Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Jacklin

P.S. Mom I am sending some pictures for you!
P.S.S My belt size is 32 so you are fine getting those Momma.
P.S.S.S I love you!

1. I tried so hard--
2. Our Muscles!
Sorry if they are upside down I don't know how that happened.
 
Never Mind they are not upside down.
 
Check out the guns!

I tried to make my guns as big as Elder Weidrich's:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment