Hello Family,
Well it's been a great week. I thought I would just describe the week
day by day since it's been a great week anyways. I was thinking about
April Fooling you and saying that I decided to quit and was coming
home early, but then I thought about it and came to a conclusion
that it was a bad idea. Here is the week I guess though.
Monday
So today like last time we went up to Hollywood/Beverly Hills/ West
Hollywood area and went to get our hair cut by a guy who cuts for free
and also to go check out the Beverly Center or mall and it was pretty
huge. It was weird walking around there, I found myself a Compton hat
though which was cool. Now I finally got my Compton swag on. After
that we closed off the day with a few contacting and headed off to
bed.
Tuesday
Today we were able to go on exchanges I went with Elder Zabriske who
is from Idaho Falls, Idaho. He is really funny because he is so laid
back and has a very monotone voice just like me. We were able to go
out and teach in Inglewood in their area and it was great, it's cool
to see how other missionaries work and how they try to find and teach
and invite and other things as well. It was a fun experience, but
exchanges are kind of the same just go either somewhere else or stay
where you are at. It was fun though.
Wednesday
Today was pretty good too, we had a cool experience with the ward, our
ward mission leader is having us go on splits with ward members and we
go and visit our investigators and then a less-active member and it
seems to be a great help. Our ward mission leader is great he is a
recent graduate from BYU and is really into missionary work and he
also works at this place near here called Space-X where they work on
Aerospace and pretty much plan to launch things into space. He always
talks about the projects they are working on, he also said they are
about to launch a space craft into space really soon, I think it might
have already happened, but back to the whole splits thing. We kind of
did a test run you could say and it's actually a great idea,
unfortunately none of our investigators were home, but we were able to
visit a less-active member and the great thing was/is that the
High-priests want to do it every week on Wednesdays so that's going to
help a lot I think.
We also met this cool kid named A he is in high school and
really likes hearing the message we share, he said he is going to
watch conference so that's pretty cool.
Thursday
Today was cool we started what is a zone fast today after our weekly
planning which was interesting because I have never had to fast from
one day to the next since we started at 3:00 and are going to end at
1:00 the next day. It was weird trying to go to sleep that night
knowing that I hadn't eaten anything yet. Today was pretty normal
nothing really special happened. We just ran into people and the
majority were crazy which is the normal here in California. We had one
lady who was just cursing at God or at least told us that she was and
she said she couldn't be Mormon and I wanted to tell her, "Yeah from
what I can see you really wouldn't like to be Mormon," because we love
God as a Father in Heaven. It happens a lot though there are a lot of
crazy people, but we run into some really cool people that say I
believe in God, but not religion. We met a man who said if I did I would be
a part of you because you all seem more like family than religion,
but he still thought we needed to change a few things, but there are a
lot of nice people in the world.
It was cool today as well because we saw a great miracle. We were
tracting and visiting when we saw a house we tried before and decided
to try again. We tried it this rainy day and this guy answered and
asked us to come back later. We ended up meeting the same guy who
answered it last time, but this time he wasn't as busy. His name is
C and he is from Hawaii and is friends with all the Tongan
members, but for some reason was never baptized. He has a nice little
family and we talked about the Church with him and about the Book of
Mormon and he wanted us to come back for dinner this week. It was a
big testimony builder for me because after that our spirits were
lifted and we started being effective missionaries and actually going
by the Spirit and we found many more people. We are praying that C
and his family will be prepared to make changes in their lives.
Today was pretty good.
Friday
We had a great day today, we actually had an exceptional day today, we
met a lot of people.
Saturday
Haha April Fools
Friday
We met a lot of people though, we met this cool guy from Nigeria. We
told him about the Book of Mormon and he just said, "Can I have one!"
He was really excited about it so we are going to try and visit him
later on. We just met a good amount of people. It was a great
experience and we had a lot of commitments for General Conference this
week so we will see what happens.
Saturday
Well conference was great I really liked listening to the talks. I
really feel bad for President Uchtdorf because I had a feeling someone
was going to be a turd and yell out again. I really liked Elder
Rasbands talk afterward because of how he talked about the love he
feels for being sustained and having support. It must be a lot to be
an apostle or prophet. President Monson hasn't been looking too good
either which is a bit sad, but he still is resisting sitting down
which is cool. I love General Conference.
Sunday
Today was great my favorite thing about today was first, Elder Holland
still spoke and it was last, second, Right as Elder Holland said ,"I
feel like I am the last thing standing in the way of your after
conference Ice cream," I busted up laughing, because I knew that was
us. So did you actually have Ice cream? Haha I thought that was so
funny, and also the picture he shared. Third, I really loved the
messages shared, I loved Elder Wong's talk. It was a really good talk.
I hope it was a great conference for you as well. Especially going up
to wherever it was you were going to, I can't remember.
Well I hope you all are having a great day. I can't believe Connor
didn't make the mark, that's so lame that because of "POPULAR VOTE"
every time I hear that I am glad that I ran Cross Country where there
is no such thing as POPULAR VOTE. That's cool that he got passed it,
if that was me I would be pretty mad, I guess it goes to show that
Connor is a lot more nice than I am. I guess I will tell everyone that
my brother is the best hand waver in the world! That's cool though
that he is still a leader, I bet he will KICK BUTT at it!!
It is really weird to think that we have about 5 P-Days until I call
home, but since it's today that's 4 P-Days left. I can't believe that
Cade is almost done too and that it's coming up to 9 months whoosh! :0
Well that's all I have I hope you all are having a great week.
DIDN'T GET AN EMAIL FROM CAMERON, HE PROMISED SO I AM HOLDING THAT TO
HIS WORD!!! Haha just kidding, even if he does it once then that's
fine. Well I hope you all are doing well, I have some photos that I
will send and also we are going to Palos Verdes today, which is rich
town! There's a spot there where we can get close to the ocean since
its on a cliff side. I will send those as well maybe today or next
week. We'll have a great week, because I WILL!! Haha
Love,
Elder Jacklin
 |
Us at what is called the Korean Bell. Me, Elder Piepgrass, and Elder Lupeni.
|
 |
| Elder Jacklin, Elder Piepgrass, Elder Zabriskie |
 |
General Conference!!!!!!
We all tried to get good jumping photos. I think the first one is the best.
|
 |
| This was the park we went to. It was pretty cool. |
 |
This is a cliff side at Palos Verdes, the houses back there are HUGE!
That's the closest we can get to the ocean though.
|
 |
All of us at a view point in Palos Verdes. Me, Elder Piepgrass, Elder
Lupeni, and Elder Zabriskie.
|
 |
| Elder Jacklin and Elder Piepgrass |
 |
| Panoramic View |
No comments:
Post a Comment