Monday, August 22, 2016

I still have a work to do in Inglewood! That is Train!

What up Peeps!
We got transfer calls this week and I am staying and my companion
Elder Baldwin is leaving for downtown L.A in the Adams ward! Woo! He
will have a lot of fun. I am staying here just chillin in Inglewood!
Not just that though my new companion is a fresh yummy tasty little
new missionary! I am going to be training...again for the third time!
So a bit about the week then all the adventures to be told here in
Inglewood. So starting it off,
This last week we went to Elder Baldwin's second quarter training, it
was pretty cool. I was in the other room learning about helping
investigators come to Church and learning about inviting peeps to be
baptized on the street. It was pretty tight! This was Tuesday by the
way! After that we went to our area after we went and got Cafe Rio and
took it back to our apartment! Yum! So good! After that we visited
T and had our first real sit down lesson with him and we taught
him The Restoration and he understood it. He did have a moment when he
said he feels like he has the priesthood already so we might need to
explain a little more about the priesthood with him. It was good
though he accepted to be baptized September 25th and so we will be
working with him on that.
Wednesday was a pretty good day the best part was going on Ward
Exchanges because we went and saw two investigators with Brother R
and he connected well with both of them, so it was pretty cool! We
also gave F he is an older man, a blessing and he felt really
good afterward. Hopefully this next week we will see how he is doing!
Brother R loves hunting and so does F so they will connect a
lot!
We also met B's father who is the owner of the huge tortoise they
have. We talked with him about it. It's crazy how with tortoises it's
not just that you have it until it dies because it lives so long, it's that you have
it until you want to pass it on to someone younger than you! 0.o
Before ward exchanges nothing much really happened we just walked in
Inglewood and ran into a lot of crazy people! A pretty typical day!
Thursday was pretty cool, we said goodbye to G. L. because he
is moving to Utah to go to school at South Jordan or something like
that with his Sister. The crazy thing is that they are living by
themselves just the two of them! Mom when I heard that I was like, my
mom would never trust me to live by myself and go to school! Haha
We met up with A and we taught him some more and let him know
that on Sunday we were going to wake him up! It was good and we told
him the importance of the sacrament and how much it helps us out. It
was good!
After that we went and had dinner with the L Family and they have 5
kids and another on the way and their kids are wild man! We were
having dinner and their little girl is just arm wrestling with my
companion and the young son was poking us in the head. It was
pretty funny they also dressed us up especially my companion and I
have a picture of that! It was pretty funny!
Brother L made this super good Strawberry Lemonade it was pretty
good! Ooh! I loved it!
Friday
Today we had exchanges with the zone leaders so I went with Elder
Ogles! It was pretty tight we went to a ladies house and all I got in
the conversation was when Elder Ogles asked me a question and I told
him and he translated it for her! It was cool though and she was
feeling the spirit! I just really want to get the courage to speak
Spanish I always freak out when someone only speaks Spanish. :( It was
pretty crazy too because we got a lot of moments where people were
telling us that they see spirits and stuff, even ward members it was
crazy!
District meeting was also on Friday and it was pretty sad seeing Elder
Lupeni and Milligan and even Elder Colman my first zone leader for the
last time in a District Meeting, but they did their mission and they
get to take their adventures and testimonies back home with them!
Back to the exchanges I got to play counter ping pong with Elder Ogles
that night as he called missionaries around, pretty tight.
Saturday
We exchanged back and Elder Baldwin went to this service project and
President paired me and Elder Hedman up and it was funny too because
me and Elder Hedman are the only Caucasian missionaries out of the
group picked and we didn't get picked to go. We joked it was totally a
race and the priesthood thing and my companion came back and said it
totally was!
It was cool though I got a taste of El Segundo and we knocked this
less-active members door and the wife answered with her daughter and
they started going off about how much they don't have time and how she
was picking her daughter up from England who is just there on vacation
and all this stuff and after that I didn't like El Segundo, that was
probably one of the most stuck up, prideful conversations I have ever
had.
I also met some hippies, yo they were so sick! We went to their house
and they were about to be moving out to travel the U.S in their hippie
van and they were making veggie wraps and it was pretty funny! They
kept saying "rad" and "bro" and all these different Hippie slangs, it
was pretty tight!
We also met this member who had a ton of board games! Dude it was
insane and I saw a few that I played with my friends in the past, but
he had a huge collection!
Sunday was really good we got A to come which was sick! Yo he
enjoyed it pretty well. We tried to get T to come but he was
knocked out that morning and didn't want to get up. :( We also had a
good time at Church! We always have a great spiritual experience at
Church.
After Church I found out I am not Mexican because I had the hardest
time peeling a mango! It was pretty bad! G was not happy with
me, he is an eternagator (eternal investigator).
After that nothing much really happened!
I am super excited for this next transfer though being a trainer, it's
going to take a bit of work, but it should be fun!
Elder Baldwin also met the infamous cheesecake truck man and he
actually sells cheesecakes and delivers them. We are still freaked out
though of that truck! Always is in the most random places! 0.o
I am going to miss the missionaries that are leaving especially my
companion. He really helped me open up and talk more with members! In
the past I just sit and kind of talk, but he helped me a lot, because
Elder Baldwin as every missionary knows in the CLAM loves to talk,
joke, and mess around! I am going to miss him, and just like his
Mormon.org account says, "shout out to anyone that read this," I say
the same, I am going to try and send a weekly email to everyone and
keep the personal stuff for, the Fam!
I know this Gospel is true and I know Jesus Christ leads this Church
and so therefore it is true! I know the Book of Mormon is the word of
God and that Joseph Smith and the others that succeeded him are
prophets called from our Heavenly Father!
I am ready for this new adventure here in Inglewood and I can't wait
for another month and a half of people being drunk, crazy, on
something and all this other stuff and also meeting great people that
want to turn their lives around and that are my brothers and sisters!
I love the people here so much!
I am keeping it going and am blessed to be surrounded by such great people!
I love you all take care and have a super chill week!
Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin
Pics





No comments:

Post a Comment