Hey Family,
It's Elder Jacklin again coming at you from the most dope land in the
world. I am feeling really fresh up in the home town, down dog, crash
hood! Yo I think Inglewood is brushing up on me. Instead of saying
hello to everyone, I say "What's Up!" to almost everyone except for
the older folks!
Man this week has been really sweet though. We have been getting a lot
of cool experiences this week. The week was slow, but we had a lot of
cool highlights so I will just talk about them.
Highlight #1
We had a fast paced Tuesday, we were just visiting all the
investigators we have been in contact with and had lessons with them
all and we had a lot of lessons. We met with C, but he isn't
looking too promising right now so we might turn him over to the Lords
hands. We were able to meet with this girl that missionaries used to
visit with, but she wanted to read the Book of Mormon on her own
without visits. We also visited with this one guy named A and it
was really cool. We had visited him before, but his daughter yelled at
us to leave and so we went back to apologize for barging in on them
and A's niece answered and she told us that we can teach A
whatever he wants to hear. It was really cool and we are going to see
if we can include A's sister in the lessons as well. We also set
a baptismal date with him for August 21st, it's been a while since we
have set a baptismal date. That was the day we also met two less
active members and they both really want to come back to Church, they
just need a boost to get there. One of them fed us Watermelon and he
grabbed it and chopped out these huge pieces of Watermelon for us. I
was like Yo THIS IS HUGE! Haha
That was a big highlight though on Tuesday.
Highlight #2
I got the package from you on Friday after District Meeting. It was
nice I liked the quotes it was funny though because our mission is
against eating with other missionaries now and so everyone was joking
because we had a short Zone Training Meeting after District Meeting
and everyone was saying, "Elder Jacklin has our Zone Lunch!" Haha They
were all just kidding though! After that though the day was pretty
slow!
Highlight #3
We helped G out with his Eagle Project. We went to this museum
place and we dug holes, painted fences, organized old stuff, and we
proselyted the lady there that was the owner of the place, but she
said the museum is her religion. :/ It was fun though, I personally
looked like a boss slamming a pick axe in the ground and digging a
hole, showing off my GUNS! I probably looked like the white Dwayne
Johnson. ;) It hurt my arms afterward though. :( We also organized
stuff, but it took a long time, but we were able to get it finished.
We counted that as our active service for the month! :) haha it was
good though and the rest of the day we had some great conversations.
Highlight #4
We had a crazy miracle though this week. We were able to visit this
one lady named B and she was meeting with missionaries before, but
she couldn't get Sunday's off and we visited her and she told us about
her week. She had a family member pass away and we told her about
eternal families and how we can be sealed to them in the temple. She
actually freaked out after that because she knew the Los Angeles
temple in Santa Monica and she told us about how she wants to go
inside some day and we told her about the Visitor Center and she
wanted to go so bad. We then asked her what days would work and then
she said, Sunday because I have work off on Sunday's! We were like
WHAT!!! We are really excited now to work with her, because she has
been wanting to read the Book of Mormon some more and is ready to make
some changes in her life. It was really cool seeing how that all
played out how we were just casually talking with her and not knowing
anything about the things and how the Spirit just guided us to find
out about that was amazing! That was probably one of the biggest
highlights this week.
That was all the big things that happened though. I'm glad I was able
to help as much as I could with the funeral.
ALSO
I
AM
SO
EXCITED
TO
BE
AN
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
πππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππ¬π¬π¬π¬π¬ππππ¬π¬π¬πππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππππ
(If you couldn't read that it was Uncle) :)
I am SOO EXCITED TO BE AN UNCLE! It's all ready picking it's nose too,
gross it's going to be a gold digger when it grows up. (Sorry I am
saying it because I don't know it's gender yet)
I am also excited because I am going to try and get some birthday
cards for Dad, Carlee, and Connor.
Since I think those are the birthdays I forgot and anyone else as well
if I did.
I am doing really well though, my mission is becoming more and more
great of a lesson for me and also it is going faster and faster. :/ I
feel like I am running out of time now. It's crazy.
I love you all and I am doing totally fine. I know that God lives and
that we can make it because of Jesus Christ!
I just remembered my last Highlight from Sunday!
Highlight #5
So there was a change in Bishopric in the Centinela 1st ward since
Bishop S is moving and it was cool because Brother S who
lives in our area is Second Councilor, Brother L is still 1st
Councilor, and Brother now Bishop C is Bishop of the Centinela
1st ward, he is the father of the family I called home for Mother's
Day and that we always love having dinner with. He is going to be a
great Bishop because he loves visiting people. It's going to be sick!
I love the C's they are such a cool family and they are a great
missionary family as well. The wife of Brother C is even a
convert which is really cool!
Well that was our week! I love you all and I hope you all have a great week!
I also forgot to take pictures so I will make sure to take pictures next week!
Love You!
Love,
π΄Elder Jacklin
No comments:
Post a Comment