This week has been full of great things and I am really excited to
talk about it.
I have been doing great and I hope you all have too. We had a lot of
cool things happen this week and I think it was because of our
diligence trying to contact referrals, I have always found prepared
people from that and also just from contacting as you try to find
those people.
I kind of wanted to give a run down of the awesome people we get to
work with here since I feel like I don't really introduce them well.
So you have A!
A is one of our baptismal dates, but we had to move his date for
later because we don't feel like he has much support except from us
right now, but we are going to see what can happen, he is also moving
in not too long or sometime which we don't know about which makes it more
difficult because we are wondering if we should just send him ready to
be baptized and everything and the Long Beach Missionaries can baptize
him. Just so he has support. He is really cool though, the first time
we met him he was out walking, which he always does, and he just told
us to come over. First visit was rough because of family, but we came
a second time and the other family members were fine with us teaching
him. A is really cool though and we have tried working with his
Sister who he lives with, but she's really busy. That's A also
he just reads and knows the Book of Mormon is true and all that we
said so he is super prepared.
Time for T!
T is a really cool kid and is not in the best environment right
now, but he really has a desire to change and be baptized. He keeps
telling us "when is the closest I can get baptized" and we always tell
him, "you got to repent first" which now he is doing that. He still is
struggling with coming to Church because he doesn't wake up sometimes,
but he has been reading and praying has felt the spirit and he has
stopped drinking tea which is awesome! His personality is pretty fun
as well, he is always super happy when we are around and it's really
fun. He also wants to be a professional singer later on in life and
also wants to dance pretty well, which is cool. We are really hoping
and praying that T will get on board with coming and hopefully
we can have him come this next Sunday and then General Conference and
then maybe a baptism. Woohoo!
Oh yeah I also didn't mention that he just lives down the street from
us which is funny we always see him out with his Brother playing with
him and stuff. It's pretty cool.
Alright C!
C is so cool. He is the golden investigator, we have stopped
by for about 2 weeks already with him which is great and he has come
to Church already. C is also a really good dancer; he was on
YouTube. Haha He was really good at shuffling. He really wants
something better in his life, the only thing we need to do is that he
was really hungry and so he has grabbed onto a lot of things that are
super random, like the fact that he believes the earth is flat and
that the sky is a dome and also that Antarctica is a government cover
up, but that ones just funny that he has, but the real things he
grabbed onto as far as the Gospel is concerned is the fact that if
someone talks about God he grabs hold of it, the first time we met him
he felt like this rapper was rapping about how Satan manipulates us
and things like that, but he is starting to branch more to the
scriptures. He reads like it's nothing to, he just reads the Book of
Mormon and listens to the bible and it's really cool to come back and
he tells us that he read a ton!
He also came to Church and just felt super comfortable and just
started talking to everyone. He talked to our ward mission leader, he
talked to Brother L and his son K. He talked to the Elders
Quorum President. It was really cool and he also worked night shift on
Saturday to Sunday so he worked 10:00-6:30a.m and didn't sleep just
got ready at 8:30 we came picked him up and went to Church until 12:00
p.m and he went back and went to bed at probably 1:00 p.m so he pretty
much had a 10:00 p.m-1:00p.m day! That's what I call dedication right
there!
We also have many others, but they are hard to catch or they have a
hard time keeping appointments, but those are the main investigators
we are working with right now! Just so you kind of know them a little
as well. I feel like I don't really introduce them.
Alright now the week.
Monday
Monday was ok. We didn't have anyone to go with on P-day and we are on
bike so we can't really go anywhere so Elder Burns and I (trying to
get my proper English back yo!) went looking for some stuff that he
was wanting to have which was a Football for companions to sign (so I
signed it! :D That's what's up!). Also an exchange baseball. That lead
us to Big 5 and since we didn't have much else to do we toured Big 5
and looked at the stuff that would be nice to buy, if we were not on a
mission, haha it was pretty funny, but I'm not trunky! Haha
After that we kind of just hung around the apartment and made some
games up or just rested. Haha
After that though we went ahead and had dinner at Sister C's
house and her daughter J. Hehe It was funny though because her
whole less-active slash not all member family came and we shared a
quick message with them before they could eat which was pretty smart
of Sister C, also by the way mom I saw her son that is an actor
and was on an episode of "Castle" it was pretty cool! Haha
Then we saw T with R and R helped a lot because he
speaks better Ebonics then I do so he really helped us teach T
and helped him understand repentance and faith and getting ready for
Baptism!
Tuesday
Today was pretty basic we just contacted for the day and were trying
to find, nothing special, except for the people, no I'm just kidding!
Haha
Wednesday
Today we saw C again and this was really cool, probably a
miracle! We stopped by and he let us in and he had read some more of
both the Book of Mormon and the Bible, but to top it off he read a
question that we gave him and the answer to it was in the Book of
Mormon which we showed him where to find it, so he read that before
and really liked it and actual,y when we were there he turned to us
and said, "Guys I really like this scripture because my friend was
going through a hard time and I showed him this scripture and it
really helped him out!" (The scripture was 2 Nephi 2 by the way). We
both were like WHAAAAAAAAAAT! Yo it was so sick! He is already a
Brother of the C.L.A.M! Helping out missionary work! That was really
cool!
Another thing he also had this girl he was a little interested in and
she invited him to go to Church with her and he told us that he was
thinking of just inviting her to go to Church with him with us! He is so
cool!
We also saw A before that and we went over baptism with him and
he still wants to be baptized which is great. Then we went ahead and
shared with him Thomas S. Monson as the living prophet. I've noticed
that's what I always struggle with is letting my investigators know
who the living prophet is. It's awkward when they go into an interview
and the District Leader asks them if they know that Thomas S. Monson
is a prophet and they say, "I don't know who that is?" It's not good.
So we did that and it was great.
Tonight we tried a referral we had and we got there and the lady her
name is D wasn't too happy that we didn't call before so she
said come back tomorrow and as we were walking away we heard a voice
behind us. We turned around and it was her son or something like that
yelling at us to come back and D told us that she got a little
chastisement from her friend who was actually really interested in
what we do as missionaries. That was really cool and also we were able
to have a short lesson with them which was great.
After that we were done for the night.
Thursday
Today we saw D again and shared The Restoration of The Gospel of
Jesus Christ with her and she was a little hesitant to dive too much
into it because she heard some things (the normal anti-Mormon stuff),
but we helped her realize that they were not true and she invited us
back this next Wednesday and her friend will be there again! So that
should be cool!
I also felt bad because D is pretty short so I don't know if I
kind of hurt her neck when we visit.
After that we planned for the next week...:P
After that we went finding some more and we were invited to teach
R's daughter L which was cool since she is getting baptized
this next upcoming Saturday or Sunday or something like that. It will
be cool because we are definitely inviting C, A, and T to it.
Friday
Today we had District Meeting/Zone Training Meeting for an extra 30 minutes.
We also went on exchanges and I went with Elder Meherg for the day and
that was fun. We went and saw C again and he went through a
rough patch with the girl he was talking to, but he showed us their
conversation on the phone (texts) and it was really cool what he did.
She told him that because they were so different she was going to
break up with him (because she thought he was just always going to be
a sinner) and he told her that he is changing his life around that he
was meeting with us and that he was working for baptism and pretty
much bore his testimony to her which was pretty cool I thought. So
C is still doing well and still is trying to convince us the
Earth is flat, but it's all good.
The rest of the day we didn't do much, we met some new people and
Elder Meherg was called Spanish speaking so that was nice too because
mi español es moy horrible.
We also played scrabble which was cool! Haha I have a picture, I never
played scrabble before I don't think and so Elder Meherg showed me how
to play, and I won! ^-^
Saturday
We met a referral today, he is really cool, but only has so much time
to give us so we just taught a tiny bit and got to know him, his name
is J and he is really cool an investigator in Lennox and we don't
usually get a lot of investigators in Lennox, they are all usually in
Inglewood.
We also saw A again and went over the interview questions with
him and he is totally ready, he passed the questions and it was really
cool to see that. The only problem now is getting him some support.
That's all he needs and also the fact that we don't know when they are
moving. So it's pretty rough, but it will work out somehow, he's going
to get baptized regardless because he knows it's true and all that he
is just someone that needs support.
Sunday
Sunday was a bit stressful in the morning because we were trying to
see if we could get 4 investigators to Church. C came at least
and I already talked about how he felt during it. He did have a hard
time singing the hymns because he didn't know how they worked so I had
to show him it was pretty fun.
We also saw G who almost came to Church today, but he had to
talk to his dad because of family problems. He is doing pretty well
though. Hopefully we can help him out.
We also met with O and R and them and O is getting super good
at card tricks for his audition for America's got talent. He showed us
some tricks and I was amazed. It was dope.
Elder Burns and I also played scrabble that night, but he beat me that time. :(
Well that was my week though. I am doing great and the area is great.
I don't know if I will be staying in it for very much longer,
transfers are in three weeks and I might be going and Elder Burns will
get a stellar missionary companion that will help him and finish his
training, but I don't know. I always feel like when the area is doing
really well that I will leave it has seemed to happen to me a lot. So
far.
Today we are going to be hanging out at a park and playing ultimate
frisbee, soccer, and Basketball which will be cool. I don't have to
many pictures from this week, but I promise next week I will picture
like none other. Their won't be enough room for me to write.
Alright I hope you all have a great week. I love you and I know that
our Heavenly Father loves all of you as well and I know that our
Redeemer lives. Have a great week!
Oh yeah my companion got his new iPad as well so he is pretty excited!
I also realized I didn't say much about Elder Burns!
He is cool!
Awesome have a great week!
Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin
1. Lol
| LOL. |
| Scrabble masters. |
| More Scrabble. |
No comments:
Post a Comment