Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Re: Zone of Trainers

Hey Fam!
This week has been so great! We had a lot of success and a lot of hardships, but whatever, it's missionary work.
So Monday
Monday was great we went to The Alley which is pretty tight! It's pretty much a ghetto mall Downtown LA. We went with Elder Pierce and Elder Meherg. My companion bought a watch. I didn't buy anything I just went for the experience! I wasn't too intrigued by it. After that we shopped and went out searching for the elect and didn't have much success, but we did see T and he really wanted to come to Church on Sunday! That was cool.
Tuesday
Sorry ended up sending for some reason! :)
Today we walked around and chatted with some people! The thing about Inglewood is there is a lot of people that are cool people, and really nice, but once you bring up the fact that you would like to talk with them about God and stuff they kind of blow us off. Haha We also have a lot of people out here that like to make Mormon Jokes! Ha. So we run into a lot of the, "Where's your bikes?" and all that stuff.
Also T has been trying to get a job and he used me as a reference, so today we almost had a meeting with his boss, but the boss canceled and so far hasn't called back, but I think it's because T wasn't too in to the job or something. It was pretty funny when I got the call because the guy asked if I was Elder Jacklin and he made it sound like T signed me up to give public speeches and be a motivational speaker for those who are trying to get jobs and stuff and I was like, "um...I don't think my mission president will allow this!" But then I realized that it was just him explaining to me what T would be doing. It was a bit confusing!
That was Tuesday in a nut shell we had dinner with the V's and it was funny because they just fed us regular hamburgers and told us that they think missionaries are probably sick of Chinese food, and it made me think of Elder Pierce and Meherg who are in charge of the Tongan ward and they are fed Chinese Buffet almost every single day! Haha.
Wednesday
Today was pretty good, we were able to meet our new golden investigator C and it was pretty interesting because he was so excited to see us and to get into the Bible, because he ordered one, but then we talked to him about the Book of Mormon and he was even more interested! It was awesome, we pretty much got to know him and he really needs the gospel because he is one of those guys that they want to seek truth, but they don't know where to find it and so they grab hold of whatever they can.
So C likes to listen to this rapper and he feels like the rapper is teaching us about how Satan traps us and  it was funny because he just started playing it right there in front of us, and it was I guess you could say rated R!!!!! Haha. So me and Elder Burns just focused on C as this music video was going on; just focused on C's face, he finally just put it down, but yeah we did help him out a bit after that, but he is super solid! I feel bad for Elder Burns my trainee though because he has only been out for two weeks and has already had pornography thrown at him! Eeeek! *sigh* welcome to the mission, I have failed miserably... haha.
Later on that day we met some pretty interesting people, we tried visiting this guy named R, but when we showed up his mom was really nice, but he was inside getting chew out by his girlfriend!! So his mom calmly told us that it wasn't probably a good time, and I understand they were going at it! I was worried a chair was going to come flying out the door!
Other than that our Wednesday ended with ward visits which was fun, tried going to A's, but they were having dinner, but we did see a member who was about to move to Provo Utah. Pretty cool!
That was our interesting Wednesday!
Thursday
Today was slow, but we saw A and his sister Y and they are doing fine. We talked to Y about taking A to the Visitor Center and she told us she will tell us when she is available to go she will! That was cool!
A we found out too knows what he is getting himself into if he gets baptized which is great, we were a bit worried he didn't know the commitment of being a member!
After that we just contacted and met some crazy people like this one lady me and Elder Baldwin met who sounded like Golem, she said a quick prayer for us that was pretty funny, pretty much saying that all those that listen to our message may be blessed and those who don't can go to hell. Haha, I thought it was pretty funny!
Friday
Today we had Zone Training Meeting which was fun! Everyone seems to be training I feel like except for a select few, it was pretty funny! We had a great meeting though and we were able to get a lot of information like for example the fact that I am emailing on Tuesday not Monday, since every first week of the month I will be having Pday on Tuesday, but it's good it gets us to be able to go out to museums and stuff more.
Other than that Friday was pretty slow too, but we did have dinner with Sister W and Sister F and her son. That was fun, Sister F's son served a mission and he knew about all the rules we have and he was just joking about missionaries in the past that he met that didn't like the rules. Haha Fun Stuff!
Saturday
Today was just us going around making sure everyone was good for Church on Sunday! A was good and so was T which was cool! We are hoping to get them both to Church on Sunday!
Other than that we had a lot of appointments fall through, but we did have a great tender mercy! We have been trying to find this one family, the fathers name is O and we have had no luck, so we went one night to knock on their door and he answered and was still interested in us coming by! We set up an appointment on Monday with him, which unfortunately he had to cancel later on, but it was cool that we finally met him after 3 months of trying to talk with them!
Sunday
Sunday was cool we had T come to Church which was great, he only was able to attend Sacrament, but it was still cool, R.B. gave him a ride back home and they both just talked it up! R would be a great member fellow-shipper for T!
After Church we were able to meet up with M.L. again and he still has his doubts, but we were thinking about bringing a member who converted from the Lutheran Church to help us teach him, because he knows scriptures a lot, it's Brother R by the way! That will be kind of our last goal to see if that will help M progress if not then we will just have to turn him over to the lord.
We also saw J a former investigator and he still loves us coming by and such so we are going to just start reading the Book of Mormon with him since he is going to be pretty busy now with work, school, and sports! He was doing great still, but still was a bit the same as we last saw him!
Monday again
Today was cool we had a crazy miracle with C and this is why I call him the golden investigator, because we stopped by with a copy of the Book of Mormon and the Bible and we just talked with him and shared some scriptures with him from both showing him how we receive knowledge and we read James 1:5 and Moroni 10:3-5 and all these different scriptures! He then paused for a bit and he said, "This is what I have needed!" He said he really wants to change his life around and he even brought up baptism so we set a baptismal date with him for October 9th, but I flunked because I told him October 10th, but we are going to fix that on Wednesday when we see him! It was really cool and spiritual as well, and the only thing which was funny too is he wants an exorcism too. So we kind of had to explain to him and will continue to explain to him that baptism will pretty much be his exorcism since it washes bad things away, even bad spirits.
The rest of the day we had a labor day barbecue with the L's which was awesome. R cooks really well! yum!
We also talked with O who is stressing about being on America's Got Talent! He is trying to figure out tricks he can do (magic tricks)! He will do great I think in my opinion!
That was my week though it was really great! I have some pictures from our Zone Training Meeting!
I am doing well though and Elder Burns is really tight! He is doing great! He really wants to make funny videos sometime because of my video I sent last week!
Well let me know if you all need anything and I am doing fine and sorry about the mishap with the email, it sent when I wasn't finished with it! Haha Darn computers I feel like an old man!
Well take care and I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin

No comments:

Post a Comment