Dear Family........
This week was......
One......
Of......
The......
Most.....
Epic.......
Weeks.........
In......
The.......
World!!!!!!!
Coming to your emails on Monday October 10th, A Week Of Awesomeness! A
great slur of action, drama, and comedy! Stay tuned for the greatest
email, A Week Of Awesomeness!!
>>> A long time ago, in a place not so far far away.
>>> Elder Jacklin and Elder Burns two of the finest
>>> Missionaries set off to teach the restored gospel
>>> Of Jesus Christ. Little do they know that the Empire
>>> Of Satan is holding fast on their position upon the
>>> Planet of Inglewood in the Los Angeles Galaxy.
>>> The Empire trying to take out one of missionaries
>>> Most secret weapons, C who is about to
>>> Take out the Empire by being baptized on Sunday.
>>> Elder Jacklin and Elder Burns strive to not let the
>>> Empire take out C.
Goodness I couldn't resist I had to do it once! This week was awesome
we really were working hard with C (also we found out he
actually doesn't have an H in his name, but hey nothing wrong with
that when your name has no second A in there) who is working for
baptism this Sunday. Woooooo! It's going to be awesome! Well here is
the week though so you can see.
Monday
Monday was fun we played Basketball one more time with Elder Pierce
who is in Kentucky and also Elder Babo who is back in Gilbert, Arizona
*cough* I mean the Gilbert Islands. :) It was fun though you know
because I got those skills to ball up anybody, just kidding I stink!
Haha After that we went to #1 Buffett with the V's, arg I feel
sympathy for those missionaries in the Tongan wards that eat there all
the time because I have had it a few times and am sick of it, but also
I looked into their kitchen as I was walking by and man! π I'll just
say that much because I don't want to have you all lose your appetite.
We then went and saw C really quickly because we needed to make
sure he was doing alright for his baptism. He is still doing amazing!
He is a trooper! A storm trooper! π Ay!
Tuesday
We were able to see C again and he is still doing great! It was
a bit surprising because he did get attacked on his faith a bit by his
friends about polygamy and all that jazz, but C actually stood
them off and that was cool to hear about. The Empire is trying to
strike him. "It's a trap!" It was good though he had a few questions,
but he is still good for baptism this Sunday and he is going to be
interviewed tomorrow and we actually started a fast with him that day
at 8:00 until 8:00 Wednesday night.
Also that night we met a part member family who have a daughter that
wants to be baptized, but her father is not with it, but the mom is a
member and also the new husband for the mom is not a member!
Hmmmm..... Hopefully we can work something out, our plan of attack is
to give the daughter the permission form and have her bring it to her
father and ask him if he will sign it for her, because the daughter
really wants this as well its not just her mom saying it so hopefully
if not we will wait till she is 18 then. That was fun though we went
to Chili's haha and that was good! The members planned it out perfect
so that it didn't take too much time which was awesome!
Also today I was really stressing because I heard I needed to do a
baptismal interview, but received no word for it which worried me, but
later on found out the APs got it covered.
That was Tuesday not too many crazy people.
Wednesday
This was a slow day because we were fasting so Elder Burns and I were
tanked, but it was a great experience to be able to do that for
C and it paid off. We met this new investigator named J who
is really cool, he has a lot of respect for us because he met with
missionaries before and they taught him English which was great! So he
is really interested still he just got busy with the last missionaries
he met with.
After that we contacted for a bit which was great and we had the
chance to run into some pretty nice people which sometimes hardly
happens haha!
Then later that night we had C's baptism interview which was a
bit rough because I told the interviewer the wrong building, eek! So
he ended up showing up to the Zone Leaders Church Building, but it's
all good because he still interviewed C. He had to talk to our
President Haynie first before he would give us the green flag, but
later on he told us it was good so woo! HE'S GOING TO BE
BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!
Thursday
Thursday was pretty slow because of weekly planning and I had a
District Leader Meeting and so we didn't have much time to contact,
but we did see J again and we got to teach him a bit and he has
the cutest little dog though it's a 3 month old bull dog which is
pretty funny! It was chewing on my shoe while we were their, goodness!
π¬
Haha it was fun though, J is a cool guy he just works on Sunday's
right now so hopefully he can get work off Sunday's.
We had dinner with the R family, oh man they are so awesome! She
makes really good Hispanic food! Yum!
Friday
So Friday was cool! We were supposed to receive a mini missionary
which is pretty much a priest aged youth who comes with us for the
weekend, but he cancelled probably because he knew we were on bike.
Haha We went to the C's for dinner which was great we also
found out that Bishop needs help with his fence and so we gladly asked
him if he needed help and he said he did so we helped him on Saturday
which I will talk about.
Later on we visited with C and he is still doing well! He is
really excited for Sunday because today was when we got the green flag
from President which was awesome! So Sunday is the day of his baptism!
Later on that night we did have to walk past a fight that almost broke
out, but it didn't, got to love L.A. Also a lady stopped by us that we
knew and she asked for a banana and I had one which was weird so I
gave it to her. Haha Crazy people man!
Saturday
Today we pretty much spent the whole day helping bishop put in his
fence posts and his fence! Woo service 5 hours worth, plus our dinner
was going to just give us our food so we just decided to eat it at the
C's so we were there pretty much the whole day, but C
came to help Bishop out which is awesome! C is going to make a
great member of the Church!
That was our day though nothing much after that! Except the fact that
Bishop drove us to our apartment while having our bikes in his trunk.
It was pretty hood of us!
Sunday
Sunday was the baptism day, C came to Church on his own! Cool
thing too about C is I can't remember what day it was, but he
just randomly told us that he finally prayed and received his answer
that it was all true! It was awesome! So today he was baptized! Woo!
Bishop baptized him, but he had to do it three times before he went
all the way down. Haha It's all good though! A lot of members showed
up as well to support him! Which was awesome as well! It was great and
I was really excited because it has been a long time since I last was
apart of a baptism! That was really cool! So next Sunday he will be
confirmed a member of the Church and he will receive the Holy Ghost!
Excited for that, also it was his birthday so Elder Burns and I got
him a tie with our names on it, haha ;p so he won't forget us!
That was our week pretty much though!
The end we beat the Empire of Satan! Haha
Well I really enjoyed the email and hearing from everyone, I just have
the best family ever! Goodness! It was great to hear that Connor is
going to be a part of an organization that he only sent the
abbreviation for. Haha Also that Carlee has some typing issues
especially when she tries to say k and it comes out j. Just kidding!
Haha
Well thank you for everything and our bishop took some pictures, but
haven't gotten them yet so hopefully I will send something before
P-day is over with!
Have a great week! Love you all!
Love,
π΄Elder Jacklin
P.S Let me know about the Facebook thing as well when you create it.
So I can tell investigators and converts!
Thanks mom!
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment