Monday, October 3, 2016

Love From L.A.

Hello Family,
Sorry no fancy subject name for today! Well we had transfer calls just yesterday and I am staying with Elder Burns, but to add on top of that I am the new District Leader... I always say this, but there is no common sense when it comes to revelation at least from our view! I am a little stressed about it since I have survived this long without getting a leadership calling other than training. On top of that I am now juggling with both, but it should be fun! Best thing is I will be here for C's baptism! Woohoo!
Well this week has been really excited, but a little slow, but hey to top it off we had General Conference and I loved it also I have a cool thing to say about it which I will talk about later.
I think I will only mention the highlights of the week for this email mostly because big things happened in a long span of time so best to do highlights!
Highlight #Uno
So not on purpose, but we have, as a fellowshipper for C, one of the L's sons K and him and C just hit it off when we went to the Visitor Center! Well on Wednesday we created a hang out squad and we went to dinner with C and K to Korean Barbecue and it was super good! I should have taken a picture, but we also afterward had a powerful lesson with C which was awesome! He really wanted to be baptized and just needed strength to overcome his problems and I will just say now when I am typing this C made a lot of Changes! Repentance which seemed to be one of the big things talked about in Conference.
Korean Barbecue was fun too because I had to use chopsticks and frankly I will have to admit I failed miserably in using them. I got the hang of it at the end though. I told them it's all good, you can learn on your mission because the people making fun of you, you won't ever really see as much! Haha Unfortunately I will probably see C even after the mission because he is so cool! Can't forget those recent converts!
Oh Speaking of which!
Highlight #Dos
Last Monday I saw my trainer Elder Sambat and he is doing awesome by the way! What happened though is we both decided to email Z and R again since it had been a while and we received an email from them! So they are expecting a new child in their life which is so awesome and they said they wanted to see me before I would leave and I told them get to the temple and I will see you and they told me, oh yeah January we are going to get sealed as a family!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS LIKE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was super excited, if you don't remember Z and them were the family that I was able to see their whole transformation and was there for their baptism and all that! It was so cool! That lifted my spirit a lot! 
Now I am counting down to more things now, January for that and February for the crowning of Uncle-hood! Haha It's all insane!

Highlight #Tres
We were able to meet with O he is less active, but is returning which is awesome! He watched General Conference this week as well! We had a chance to meet up with him and he is really wanting to go to the temple so that was a big Highlight!

Highlight #cuatro
We had another awesome lesson with C and we had Brother S come with us, he is in the Bishopric and C apparently broke up with another girlfriend because he doesn't want to do anything bad anymore! That was the second time too, so he finally told us, "Guys I just need to find myself a good Mormon girl," we started laughing, but it was super good he is changing so much! We also told him about the singles ward and that he could go there, but he is close friends with K right now and K doesn't go so he will probably go after he is baptized and starts getting moving a little more. He is really working for the 9th which is awesome!

Highlight #cinco
General Conference of course! I really liked President Uchtdorfs Sunday morning talk because it was the only one I stayed awake for... Just kidding! I really did like it though because of how he put the Plan of Salvation in play. I love how down to Earth he is as well, haha! Also C watched the Sunday Morning Session which was awesome! So solid, he gonna be baptized! Drenchin in the hood! Ooooh!
I can't remember a quote exactly, but I really liked Conference! It was awesome!
We also saw T, but he is slowly moving away from us, we hopefully can get him on track, but something happened, praying for him though that he can get more into the gospel.

That's really all the big highlights of the week, we had a lot of running around to do especially last Monday because Elder Burns had to take the driving test, but I am still here in Inglewood, it will be by the end of this transfer 6 months in the area and 9 months in the Centinela ward, ugh! The members really know me now! 
Also I am still on a bike ever since my first transfer! So it will be 14 months on bike, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Haha It's rough, I wish I could just get to a car area, but maybe this is a sign that the Lord is keeping me in shape. Haha Goodness it's almost like Heavenly Father is my coach right now! Haha
Well I hope I was as entertaining as I could be I loved hearing about the NEW DRIVEWAY! Haha I thought that was funny! I also loved that the majority of the email dad sent was about the driveway, just kidding it was good! I loved it!
I also recognized that right now we only cook breakfast really so I will probably be the same when I get back!
Well have a great week! I love you all! Take care!

Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin

P.S: I was wondering Mom because I lacked on this before the mission! A lot of the missionaries are starting to use Facebook to have investigators stay in contact after they are done, but I realized I don't have one! Do you think you could make one for me, and you can do what you like with it and add whatever you like, and let me know what the name and stuff is because I really want to be able to stay in contact with my brothers and sisters! I love you and thank you for your love and hopefully  I am not asking for too much!
Love you!
 
We played ultimate frisbee, soccer, and basketball with the zone leaders and Elder Pierce an (old companion)  and Elder Mizuno.

Got my companion again! This one was good though!

Our district. Elder Pierce (Bottom right is going home).

Our serious faces.

Oops, where's my head (haha).





 

No comments:

Post a Comment