Hello Family,
So I couldn't think of a good subject so I thought this would be the
next best thing!
So this week was really cool we again had a week of finding, but we
had a day of teaching which is awesome! For some reason Inglewood is a
place of poverty, but yet people are still prideful here. It is kinda
weird!
To answer your question mom I did get the package, but I had a
question about the card, it says to call in to activate the card, did
you call in already or should I call in and tell them to activate it,
I already chopped up my other debit card so that's gone! I will also
send a separate email saying that question if you don't read this
right away because it would be nice to know as soon as possible.
So Elder Burns and I are still doing good! One thing about Elder Burns
is that he is very sarcastic so I he always tells me how excited he is
to get rid of me.... But inside he is joking or maybe he isn't ๐ haha
just kidding he always jokes around like that. Transfers are coming up
next week so I am excited for that, hopefully I will move away
somewhere else on another adventure.
So we had a lot of fun and excited stuff and I will describe them to you now.
Monday
So Halloween we just played basketball and board games, goodness I
want to do something more exciting, this P-day we will probably do the
exact same. It was fun though we laughed and joked and tried to
survive because one of the games was like this island you have to
survive on and you probably don't really care so I will stop talking
about it... Haha It was fun we then had to rush home because the
crazies come out at 6:00 p.m according to our mission president so we
were in at 6:00 and pretty much hung out the rest of the night. We
played games me and Elder Burns and we are candy and no trick or
treaters, but I don't blame them for not walking around these
neighborhoods, they all probably went to Westchester or El Segundo for
the rich people with the big candies. Haha No crazies and no clowns, I
wish I could see one, It would be so cool, but mom you probably
wouldn't like that so I guess your probably happy. Haha
That was Monday!
Tuesday
Tuesday not much really happened except us walking around and talking
to people.
Wednesday
Wednesday was pretty cool! I'll have to tell you though we called a
referral we received that said Book of Mormon request so we called
them and we asked them when we could meet up to give them a Book of
Mormon and the lady said she already had two! So we were like ok, well
could we just come by sometime and she said yeah come by tomorrow.
Later on we found out that she was actually a recent convert already
so she was a member...๐ถ So yeah apparently the missionaries from the
ward she came from sent her in as a investigator referral and their
ward clerk sent in the records so we would actually call within
seconds of it being sent... ๐ So pretty awkward situation.
Also that night we helped during ward visits Sister A in the ward
teach her son about baptism before he was baptized on Saturday so that
was cool! He is pretty funny he said he wanted to dap when he came out
of the water, if you know what dapping is Connor probably would know.
It was pretty funny!
Thursday
The next day we stopped by them and we didn't know what to say, but we
just had a quick lesson with them and told them we would come by with
a member next time, she is cool though she was baptized by one of my
former companions Elder Pearson and so that was cool! I know their
story too because he told me about them when we were together as
companions. Pretty sick! But still awkward...
After that nothing really much happened, I think today we had some
dude stop us on the street and told us how awesome we are, which was
funny, also a lot of Hispanics have been stopping us asking us if we
are voting, ha we just tell them we are not which is true, too much
work to vote... It doesn't really matter what happens the Lord
promised the work will go forward so I honestly don't think much will
change as a missionary. It's just insane how much people are getting
rowdy about it all.
Friday
We had Zone Training Meeting on Friday and that was fun! We had an
initiative that I was in charge of and it was about family history, by
the way I will send another email asking for some quick info if you
have it too. So that was fun! We also took a zone picture I thought I
looked pretty good in it. ๐
After that nothing much happened, we started exchanges with Elder
Altamirano and I so that was cool!
Saturday
Today was our lessons day which was nice. We met with 5 different
people for lessons, one was V and she has a lot of knowledge
about the Church and just wants to be baptized already which is
awesome! So we talked with her and got to know her a little more. Also
we met with M who is still the same we will probably turn him over
to the lord and just say hi occasionally. Also we met with J who is
a new investigator that we have met with for a bit and he really loves
meeting with us! And we just met with a lot of people.
Elder Altamirano was funny he just said "I wish we had an area like
your Elder Jacklin," I just told him, "well this is the first time
this has happened in a while, it's just because I crammed in a lot of
appointments for today so you'd be impressed!" Haha he thought it was
funny. We had a great night and we also met with the K/T's
who have the daughter that got permission from her blood father to be
baptized and will be meeting up with her this Tuesday.
Sunday
Sunday was really great, we had a really spiritual fast and testimony
meeting even though I messed up my fast by drinking water without
thinking ๐wondering if I even have a brain.
We had all these people come up and testify of how great Sister A's
sons baptism was and so just before the fast and testimony meeting
ended G sister A's son came up and bore his testimony and the
spirit was so strong, that was great since the other Elders had an
investigator their for Church and she felt the spirit a lot.
The rest of Sunday was fun we went and had dinner with Brother A
and his son is coming home from his mission in a month pretty much and
he is really excited for that and we had an awesome steak dinner.
After that though we left and on our way back we got a flat and I had
to go to the bathroom so bad so we went into a superior grocer while
Elder Burns tried to call the other Missionaries, but they didn't
answer he just called Brother A to pick us up, it was funny because
Elder Burns didn't know why, but told Brother A as we were leaving
that we would meet him soon, haha and we did.
That was our week though I will send in some pictures, I really can't
wait to use that trailer next season, oh sorry if that made you
realize how much time I got left. Time has flown by and it's really
making me think and so I am going to work extra hard because the clock
is now ticking even faster.
I will also send another Christmas idea I think I will just send
something and notify you if I really need it at the moment.
I love you all and tell Connor that he is getting too excited to make
decisions on his own. Also next week I will tell you what happened for
transfers and I'm hoping to do some cool P-day activity on Monday.
Also I am hoping I get a car area goodness I have been on bike my
whole mission. I feel like it's going to fall apart.
We'll have a great week!
Love,
๐ดElder Jacklin
This is what I feel about the chipped debit card, just kidding I
actually just cut up the old one.
No comments:
Post a Comment