Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving and No More Christmas (Trees) πŸŽ„

Hey Family,
This week was a pretty ok, week. We had some people we visited, but a lot of our appointments cancelled, well all of them did. :( The only lessons we had were not planned visits. Elder Sambat and I have been having fun though. We have met a few interesting people. Some that wanted to bash... I'm sorry, but I can't stand bashers haha, they're so annoying. Sometimes I want to tell them they are wasting more time than we are listening to them. Haha But I'm not bitter! Haha 
Monday
Monday was fun, it was rough though because Elder Sambat had an interview for his temple recommend and it didn't happen. :( So we pretty much went up to the mission office for no reason. Haha So we went our way back to Inglewood and went to work, when we were at the mission office we just emailed and yeah. After that we went to have dinner at a members house, the I's, but it's pronounced just like Utah haha, so it was pretty much Brother and Sister Utah haha! That was fun they were talking to us about how our missions are so far.
After that we just walked around and contacted, noting exciting!
Tuesday
Tuesday was really good, I was supposed to have a District Leader Training, but it was cancelled! So not only set appointments, but set trainings were also cancelled this week. Maybe it's because of Thanksgiving. We then went and contacted around and we met with A and his sister and told them that we are still available for them when they need help moving things to their moving car so they can move to Long Beach. 
It was fun too because then we surprised visited a Less-active member and talked a bit to him. We talked about the funny peculiar things that have happened in L.A like Snoop Dog learning about the gospel and almost got baptized, but he couldn't give up on a Word of Wisdom problem, but that he loves the Church though, haha! Things like that and shared a quick message with him. 
After that we tried some people around and met some cool people that weren't interested, but it was cool! 
After we had dinner we had ward visits and so we took one of the youth out with us and it was bishops son S and he is a goofy kid and is super awesome! We went and tried visiting M and his friends, but they were busy so we didn't get a chance. That was our Tuesday!
Wednesday
Today we had a lot of cancelled appointments the only one that we had a lesson was because the guy forgot we were coming... which is backwards, maybe everyone is just avoiding us, haha jk probably not! We had a great lesson with the guy though his name's L and he was going through a rough time so we shared a video with him and what was cool is the last time we talked to him he said he would give us one visit and if he was interested after that then we could stop by more and so we shared the video and he invited us over again. So that was really cool!
After that we visited a few more people and had dinner and visited more people and that was our day!
Thursday
Thanksgiving so today we had weekly planning and then we visited a few people before our dinner we were going to a members house for Thanksgiving and we got there and it was literally just us eating because the family is Tongan and they like to feed you a lot, but some don't eat with you so we pretty much had it by ourselves at someone's house so it was unfortunate, I felt bad for Elder Sambat because he was hoping for the classic Thanksgiving dinner to see what it's like because they don't celebrate it in the Philippines so he was a little disappointed, but we definitely got the food part of it since the Tongans still feed you a lot so we had a whole turkey for just me and Elder Sambat! πŸ¦ƒ Yum!
After that we contacted around and we met some bashers uh, but we had a cool miracle we were looking for someone when we knocked on a door to this house and they answered and invited us in and apparently it was a Spanish Couple that doesn't speak much English, but the father told us that missionaries hadn't visited them in 3 years! So we invited them to go to Church and they want to go back to Church and so we referred them to the Spanish Elders. So that was really cool!
We then met M and them and it was kind of funny because they were just chilling outside smoking so we will talk about the Word of Wisdom later, but it was good because we talked about testing revelation and M understood a lot. So that was fun!
Friday
We had District Meeting today and everyone was out of it we were all tired probably from eating so much. Haha
After that we visited some people and then tried O a less-active member and it was cool we got to try Guatemalan chips and they were good! O is so cool and him and Elder Sambat really connected. So that was a good visit.
After that we had dinner I can't remember all our dinners for some reason maybe next week when I have more time I will just send two emails, the weekly and then one that is all the ward members and how cool they are!
After that we tried finding one referral and we are in a car now and we literally spent 3 miles trying to find parking it was insane, at night its the worst time to try and find parking. We went and tried the referral and they were asleep and so we had to make the long walk back to our car and then had to drive to Hawthorne because we were exchanging with the other Elders so I went with Elder Altamirano on exchanges.
Saturday
Well Saturday it rained all day and we didn't see it coming at all so we're went out I had a jacket, but it wasn't a rain jacket and so Elder Altamirano gave me his free umbrella that ended up breaking because of the wind and he walked in the rain. So our day was pretty crazy. 
We went with their ward mission leader in the Tongan ward and he is so funny, I was in the Tongan ward for like a week and we went with the ward mission leader and I said one joke and he is like in love with me for some reason. Haha So if you ever want to get it good with Polynesians you either play rugby, eat a lot, or are really good at making jokes. Haha Just kidding It was fun going out with him. We then had a rest of the day in the rain and it was cool because we met this guy I taught in their area in the past and he was wondering why the missionaries don't stop by him and so I told him it's because they probably switched so Elder Altamirano and Burns should be visiting him. So that was a cool experience especially since we met him a whole mile or two away from his home!
Sunday
Sunday was a little frustrating we met this guy on the street that wanted to come to our Church and we stopped by and he wasn't there (he needed a ride) and so we knocked on the door and the ladies inside the house told us he started WALKING! So we tried finding him, but had to get to the Church because we had to give talks this Sunday. It's been 9 months and they finally called us to speak. It was good I talked about being a light to the world so basically being an example and servant. 
It was to kick off in the ward the new #LightTheWorld initiative. We are trying our best to get people prepared for that it should be fun!
That was our week though after Church we visited a few people we met with a member who was baptized a year ago, but they have gotten lazy, but we are planning on going with their family to the Visitor Center which should be fun! I also have some pictures that if I get the chance I'll send, we are also going  somewhere cool today so next week or if I get a chance today I will send the pictures we get from that!
I am making sure you know mom that I haven't spent any personal funds also the ticket I got goes off of my mission card not personal I thought it was the personal card, so just encase you had compassion or something and put money on my card.
Also I don't know if I mentioned that my calling has been switched as a Tongan speaking missionary, just kidding haha that would be cool though, the other elders in the Tongan ward know how to say a dinner prayer in Tongan! What! So I took the liberty to try and learn. Haha Malo-lΔ“-leΓ­ that's hello!
Well I am having a lot of fun, nothing much happened, but Elder Sambat and I had a lot of fun! We took his camera and some objects and we made pictures with us having light sabers and stuff so that was fun! I will have to send them at some point.
Well I am glad you all had a fun time for Thanksgiving! I will make sure also mom to watch for the package and I will tell you if I received it, I always forget to tell you. 😐
Well have a great week! I will send the picture and stuff in this email!
Love you!

Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin
The wind blew this Christmas Tree over.

No more Christmas (tree):)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment