So if you haven't heard already it is raining like crazy again and
this city is not built for the rain like this. We have been driving
around and there are waves all over the place on the street, we saw
rivers and lakes haha. Not really, but it's a lot of water. We are
good though we will probably hang out in a church building after we
take care of all the preparation stuff.
Also I am going to get a haircut today and just cut the top all the
same size and short and evenly tapered down. I am restarting I am just
too annoyed by my hair and you probably don't care, but it's alright I
need to fill in as much space as possible in this email. ππ€£ππ€£ππ€£
So we had a great week. Mentioning that we accomplished baptizing a 9
year old within two weeks since inviting him to be baptized. D is
awesome we had the baptism on Saturday and Elder Dayley baptized him
and then I confirmed him on Sunday during Church they are an awesome
family I will send a picture from the baptism.
So to start off the week. Monday was fun we went around and had a
chill preparation day we just went places and Elder Dayley bought some
stuff and I just watched and then we went and chilled at the Church
emailed and yada yada. After that we had a lesson with this guy named
G who is going through a rough time his father had a heart attack
and he was really having a hard time and he also was trying to get
over smoking, which he still hasn't smoked in 6 months so he is going
good with that, but other word of Wisdom things he has issues with. It
was kind of hard for us because he kept justifying some of them and so
a lot of patience in that lesson. Haha
We then had our FHE with our Ward Mission leader which was awesome we
really are struggling to get more investigators there, we are hoping
today to get C there, he should be getting baptized this weekend
on Saturday, but it again is going to be close. We are hoping that it
will work out.
Tuesday was good we went and helped at Harbor Interfaith some more and same old same old just helping people get food.
We later on went and had a great lesson with D about The
Gospel of Jesus Christ which was awesome we showed him pictures and
everything, he is 9 so it needs to be simple for him. It was really good
we had Brother Robinson there helping us out! They are really
progressing in the Gospel, that was one thing I learned from the World
Wide Missionary Broadcast is teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ as a
whole not forgetting or only teaching one point, but teaching as a whole
and emphasizing on Repentance, we applied that and it was really good.
There rest of the day was full of contacting and trying to find new people.
Wednesday was another good day. We did an hour of service and then
we went out and went contacting and helping them out. Later on we met
with a family called the M's hopefully I spelled that right.
We had a great lesson with them about the Plan of Salvation. The mom has
been taught by missionaries before and her only struggle is that she
believes all religions are good and that we shouldn't use them to
separate ourselves, but they do that anyways.That's why we are here to
bring everyone to the fullness of the Gospel and to come together. It
was good, they are a funny family.
We then had dinner with Brother M and then we tried a
referral I tried a few weeks ago and set an appointment with, but he
forgot so we were done after that... haha
Thursday
So today we had MLC so our Thursday was pretty busy. We had to go
to D's baptismal interview right after that which was busy. We were
racing down as fast as 405 traffic can allow us and we got there as he
was in with our District Leader. It was good he passed and his father
was really excited. It was funny because his father has been a member
for 5 years, but he was less active for a good while of that and he
doesn't have much of a hold of the gospel, but he asked if he could
stand in the water with Elder Dayley before D got baptized and so
we had to explain to him he couldn't stand in the water and he was like
"I know that" lol so it was good I will talk about it.
The rest of the day we had weekly planning and then had dinner with some members and then we were done for the night.
Friday was good we had Zone Training Meeting and we had a great
meeting we had to breath fire on the missionaries, just kidding they
are all great. We had some great trainings about teaching the Gospel as a
whole by the STLs and we gave a training about who is progressing and
setting better expectations in the first lesson about How to Begin
Teaching and talked about turning investigators over to the Lord.
After Zone Training Meeting we tried finding some people and then
we had two dinners first with the R's, every Friday we go there
for dinner and it's awesome Sister R is super funny. We then had
to go to our other dinner with Sister G at D's so we decided
to find the smallest thing on the menu and so we saw salads, so we were
like awesome salads aren't that big. So they went and came back with a
forest pretty much! So we didn't finish that, but we took it home and
had it for lunch the next day. Very good!
We then visited C and he is doing awesome he had some questions
about a scripture he read, but it was because he doesn't understand all
the language in the book of Mormon he thought Nephi was being a bit
harsh when he says if you don't ask you will perish in darkness. He
thought that meant die in darkness. So that was interesting. So he is
awesome though excited for this coming Saturday. Hoping and praying it
will all work out.
Saturday was a good day we had exchanges actually and the
missionaries went with us to D's baptism and did the missionary
moment and it was great. So Brother R said he wanted to say
something to D before he got baptized. He walked up near the font
and said a powerful message to D before he got baptized it was
awesome. The whole family was in tears, it was amazing. After that we
had a crazy exchange I was with Elder Ashby and some guy wasn't paying
attention so he scratched our car, but he drove off so we had to call
the cops and we got his license plate so that helped a lot, but we
pretty much sat and did papers for Elder Ashby so our day was pretty
basic after that. We did see a cool family they have and their kids were
hilarious, so hilarious I can't explain right now it's just too much.
Haha
Sunday was great I confirmed D at Church and C was there which was cool he got to see that.
We had to call everyone as well for transfer rides and stuff so a
lot of administrative stuff that is too boring so I won't talk about it,
but I got to give transfer calls! Woooo! That was weird also Elder
Dayley and I are staying together so I will still be in beautiful San
Pedro! WOoo!
So that was our week! I am super excited about the fact that I am
an Uncle I want to show a video of how excited I am, but you know what
it would look like... haha boring. Other than that my week has been
great we should be having a lot of new missionaries. I am sorry about
the shirt sizes, makes sense since the place was a hole in the wall
store so they probably don't run on basic shirt sizes. Sorry I can send
another one because if I understood the email that means Mom you didn't
get one and since you are the only one that consecutively emails me you
deserve something so I will get you one. Also about the emailing thing
if you can or cannot email me during the week, you can and I can look at
them during the week I just can't respond to them except on P-day. Also
thank you for the valentines package as well I don't have it yet, but I
am just saying thank you already since you emailed me about it.
Also almost forgot, but the shoe size should work, if Nike's run a
little small. I love you family, and (I almost said just mom... might as
well just kidding I was like that too while Jordon and Carlee were out)
I will make sure to send the picture of the baptism. Let me know if I
forgot anything to answer too.
One question is how is Levi doing? Has he gotten done with his
surgery? That's my only question also just to inform you mom I checked
my balance on my card and I have less than 200 and I think you said you
want it to be at 200 at all times for emergencies, just to let you know!
Love you!
Love,
π΄Elder Jacklin
| Elder Dayley and I found out we are related... |
No comments:
Post a Comment