Hello Family,
Man this week I have to tell you was just super funny! Just thinking
back on it makes me laugh. I'll just go ahead and start from the first
of the week.
So Monday was cool we just hung out at our Church building with Elder
Claredge and Elder Black and Elder Meherg and Elder Patrick. It was
fun we played chair soccer, basketball, ultimate Frisbee, the works.
It was a blast. So that's pretty much what we did for Preparation Day
except buying some stuff for all of you. I will be sending it today.
After P-day we went out contacting some potentials and then we went to
a FHE held by our ward and our ward mission leader puts it together
with his wife for the single members and also for Investigators or
less active members. It was really cool, I think I said it before, but
our ward mission leader looks like Brigham Young which is awesome! He
is super bold too! We had a little missionary moment too which was fun
just a quick lesson about repentance and changing our lives for the
better. We had one investigator come for that this week, but today
this Monday we are hoping to bring more because they are awesome
Meetings.
Tuesday was really fun, we had a good time at the Harbor Interfaith for service. It was fun because at the end of it we were left there alone... we had to lock down everything before we had to leave! It was super weird. People were asking us for certain things trying to take advantage of us as volunteers and we just said we don't know we don't really work here, but we know you need to sign up. That was the only service we had time for. We then went and tried some of the appointments we had. All of them fell through, but it's alright. We then had dinner I can't remember what members we went to. We then went and tried some potentials and we met with a good amount of potentials it was really good, we met this guy that met the missionaries and had a good experience with them so we will be seeing him today.
Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin
Man this week I have to tell you was just super funny! Just thinking
back on it makes me laugh. I'll just go ahead and start from the first
of the week.
So Monday was cool we just hung out at our Church building with Elder
Claredge and Elder Black and Elder Meherg and Elder Patrick. It was
fun we played chair soccer, basketball, ultimate Frisbee, the works.
It was a blast. So that's pretty much what we did for Preparation Day
except buying some stuff for all of you. I will be sending it today.
After P-day we went out contacting some potentials and then we went to
a FHE held by our ward and our ward mission leader puts it together
with his wife for the single members and also for Investigators or
less active members. It was really cool, I think I said it before, but
our ward mission leader looks like Brigham Young which is awesome! He
is super bold too! We had a little missionary moment too which was fun
just a quick lesson about repentance and changing our lives for the
better. We had one investigator come for that this week, but today
this Monday we are hoping to bring more because they are awesome
Meetings.
Tuesday was really fun, we had a good time at the Harbor Interfaith for service. It was fun because at the end of it we were left there alone... we had to lock down everything before we had to leave! It was super weird. People were asking us for certain things trying to take advantage of us as volunteers and we just said we don't know we don't really work here, but we know you need to sign up. That was the only service we had time for. We then went and tried some of the appointments we had. All of them fell through, but it's alright. We then had dinner I can't remember what members we went to. We then went and tried some potentials and we met with a good amount of potentials it was really good, we met this guy that met the missionaries and had a good experience with them so we will be seeing him today.
So Wednesday was a World Wide Missionary Broadcast and the whole
mission went to the broadcast and it was really cool! We were pulled
aside and told that we needed to be traffic control for all missionaries
in the mission and to be the example. I really realized why we don't
have all the mission get together for events, because it's too much!
They were all good though it was a fun experience.
The Broadcast was awesome we were very spiritually uplifted. I loved
how focused they are on Teaching Repentance and Baptizing Converts it's
amazing to see as well how much the mission department wants to be
involved with missionary work. The big news that happened in the
broadcast was when they made two policy changes in the white handbook.
1. Schedule
So the missionary schedule has been switched to have missionaries
be more responsible for their time. I will write out the old schedule
and then the new schedule.
Old Schedule (Everyday except P-day and Church if it's early)
6:30 a.m Arise, Pray, exercise (30 min), and prepare for the day.
7:30 Breakfast
8:00 Personal Study
9:00 Companion Study
10:00 Begin Proselyting
or language study for 30 or 60 min
Whatever works within the day Lunch 60 min. Dinner 60 min.
9:00 Return home and plan for 30 min.
9:30 Write in Journal, pray
10:30 Retire to Bed
New Schedule (Everyday except P-day and Church if it's early)
6:30 Arise
6:30-10:00 Pray, Exercise 30 min, Prepare for day, Plan 30 min, Personal Study 60 min.
10:00 a.m-9:00 p.m
Proselyte, Companion Study (30-60 minutes), First Twelve Weeks (30
minutes), Language Study (30-60 minutes), Lunch (30 minutes), and Dinner
(60 minutes)
9:00 pm Return home
9:00-9:30 pm Write in Journal, Prepare for bed, pray
9:30-10:30 pm Retire to Bed
They also changed the Preparation day schedule.
Old Schedule
6:30 am Arise, pray, prepare for the day, exercise (30 min)
7:30 Breakfast
8:00 Personal Study
9:00 Companion Study
10:00a.m-6:00p.m Preparation Day
6:00p.m-9:00pm Proselyte
9:00 Return home and plan 30 min
9:30 Write in journal, Prepare for bed, pray
10:30 Retire to Bed
New Schedule
6:30 am Arise
6:30-8:00 Pray, prepare for the day, plan 30 min, personal study 30 min
8:00am-6:00pm Preparation Day
6:00-9:00pm Proselyte
9:00pm Return home
9:00-9:30 Write in journal, Prepare for bed, pray
9:30-10:30 Retire to bed
So a lot of changes to the schedule they are really trusting
missionaries now to be punctual with their time. We think it's great,
especially the extra 2 hours of P-day! haha
2. Key Indicators
So Key Indicators used to be 11 indicators to help missionaries set
goals and focus on their purpose so they actually switched it down to 4
Key Indicators.
Old Key Indicators
Investigators Baptized
Investigators Confirmed
Investigators with a baptismal date
Investigators who attend sacrament meeting
Progressing Investigators
Member Present Lessons
Other Lessons Taught
Referrals Received
Referrals Contacted
New Investigators
Lessons taught to recent converts and less active members
New Key Indicators
Investigators Baptized and Confirmed
Investigators with a baptismal date
Investigators who attend sacrament meeting
New Investigators
So those were the big changes. Everyone was really shocked when
they saw them. Elder Dayley and I were just saying that we probably
won't have enough time to get used to them, but it will be fun to see
the difference.
So that was Wednesday we didn't have much time after the meeting
which was unfortunate, but we did get to have dinner with some of the
members and then we had time to go contacting to finish out our night!
Thursday was fun we went to the Gaffey Diner where every Thursday a
member owns the diner and he lets us come in and eat for free which is
always awesome he is an awesome guy.
After that we weekly planned which is as fun as it seems when I can
say it just takes up a sentence to describe how boring it is.
We then went out and worked not so boring! WOOOOO!!!!! So we went
to some appointments we had and they fell through, but it was good
because we met some new people! We had dinner with some more members and
then went to an appointment with our baptism this Sunday D we
actually set it up with a member of the stake presidency and one of the
councilors in the bishopric which was awesome it was a really cool
lesson.
After that we had to exchange with the Lomita Elders and so I went with Elder Soubie which was fun.
Actually that night this is how weird San Pedro is, someone lit a Christmas tree on fire right outside our apartment complex and it scared
the crap out of us because we thought our apartment complex was on
fire! Haha it was pretty funny! That was Thursday though!
Friday was a great day! We had an awesome District Meeting and it
was funny because the Lomita Elders had a former investigator that just
gave them a ton of hot wheels and so they gave them to everyone. It was
pretty funny.
After District Meeting we went and had lunch at Chick-fil-a which
was really good! I haven't had Chick-fil-a in a long time as well!
Breaking a lot of streaks in Palos Verdes when it comes to certain
foods. We then went and tried some potentials set a lot of return
appointments and we met this one kid named R who actually we met the
next day with Elder Dayley and taught a quick restoration lesson that
was awesome!
We then had dinner at the C's and that was a struggle for me,
not to be rude or anything, but Brother C is kinda crazy! It was
fun though!
We then visited C who is doing really really well and he is
really looking forward for February 11th for his baptism. It should be a
good one!
After that we exchanged back and had a good night!
Saturday was really fun! We met with the R's and had a good
lesson with their son D and he should be good for this up coming
Saturday which should be really fun! We are really cramming this one in
since he was invited to that date a week ago and he hasn't been taught
everything yet, but it should work out! We then tried someone Elder
Dayley met, it was one of those moments when they felt impressed to go
there and the guy had prayed for guidance and the missionaries show up
at his house that day! It was really cool! Unfortunately he wasn't home,
but we should be trying to see him tonight and maybe he will be
available for FHE!!!!
After that we had dinner at the Q's house which it was
interesting because Sister Q knows some Jacklin's in Utah and I
wanted to ask this one, but she said she knew Ernest Jacklin (Ernie) is
what she usually says and I think she said she knows a Linda which I
just thought of aunt Linda, but I don't know if it's her or not. She was
really excited about it she took a picture for her parents of Elder
Dayley and I which was fun! She sent it to them.
They live on a really nice spot too, I need to get my camera and
send a picture of one of the views in our area and it's amazing! This is
one of the most beautiful zones in the mission!
Sunday was a great day the I's showed up and D and his
father and his brother showed up to Church which was great. We had Ward
Conference which was great!
Not much really happened Sunday after Church probably because we had a lot to do... administrative stuff. :p
That was our week, now I didn't forget your question about one
thing we did to worship Heavenly Father and I tried not to mention
Disney, but I did like how we would have a spiritually focused dinner on
Sundays when you would ask us what we learned at Church even though
when we were young and stubborn we thought it was annoying, but it was
good. I wish I could give a better answer...
Well I loved hearing about all the stuff happening again I am
freaking out that it's literally within the week of no longer being the
youngest generation of our family when I BECOME AN UNCLE!!!!!!
Love you all and I hope you have a great one!
Love you all and I hope you have a great one!
I also sent the package so hopefully by the end of the week it should show up!
I will also send some pictures!
Love Yaaaa!
Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin
p.s: I just wanted to see how long the email looks so I just sent it to myself as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment