I am excited to tell you all what happened this week! So I will
start with just saying we had a lot of miracles with C he is so
solid now for his baptism at the end of March, it should be good, if
Elder Dayley or I are transferring we are definitley coming back for it!
I had a great week we had a few exchanges with some of the Elders which were really fun I will talk about each one I guess!
Exchanges with Elder Claredge and Elder Slavens
So Elder Claredge and Slavens are in a trio with Elder Lemus so
Elder Dayley went with him while I got the two so got to be in a trio
for a day which was fun! I first got there and Elder Slavens forgot his
blanket in the washer at their laundary mat because this was Monday and
he just forgot it from P-day. So we went and grabbed that and it was
late so that was an adventure. So after that the next morning we had the
TORPV Team Conference Call and I didn't have to do anything because
Elder Dayley had the phone and I was with the other Elders (SCORE!)
After that we went and had lunch and went to work.
We met a lot of crazy people... Haha We met this guy on the street
who was riding his bike with his foot. So we were just passing by and I
said hi and nearly gave him a heart attack and he started talking to us
to watch out for Pastors who are hypocrites and stuff and he told us the
same story with the same characters over 10 times and finally this lady
asked us to help her and he was still talking about the same story, but
he went ahead and biked off and we helped this lady who ended up being
crazy too... She kept speaking ill of other religions except ours :)
probably because we were right there. So that happened then we met this
other guy walking down the street and he asked us a question and he said
"Why are there so many nationalities?" and so we were like "You mean
like race?" and he stopped and he said "I lost my train of thought,
sorry I just GOT OUT OF THE HOSPITAL TODAY!" BRAH! WHY ARE YOU WALKING AROUND THEN! So then he asked us the question again, but he said "Why are there so many Denominations"...
he switched up nationalities with denominations, and Elder Slavens just
told him about the book of Mormon and stuff and he stopped and said
"Have a nice day, because you made my day the best day ever!" :) So that
was cool...kinda.
After that we went and tried some other potentials and didn't
really find anyone really that interested no one really searching today,
but it was a great day we helped a lot of people out which was good!
So that was my exchange with Elder Slavens and Elder Claredge.
Exchanges with my "son" Elder Burns
So I got to go with Elder Burns at the end of the week which was
cool! We went ahead the day we were together hit up all the rich parts
of our area which planted a lot of seeds which was good, we had people
that were really not interested, but we were so nice that they felt
happy after we left which always is a good thing. Planting a lot of
planting!
We had an awesome dinner though that day which was really awesome
with the T's and the Tu's and we had an awesome dinner. We
invited C to come over because Polynesians make so much food and
they are so open doors to everyone. So we walked up and we see Brother
Tu outside grilling steaks... (OH MY GOODNESS...) We were so happy
Elder Dayley was so mad when I told him that night. We had all this food
and C loved it, to top it off while we were sitting there the
Tu's and the T's just pretty much taught a lesson about their
conversion and how it has changed their lives and we didn't even invite
them to do that it just happened. Elder Burns and I were just sitting
there eating food. (Don't worry we are hard working missionaries) It was
super cool! C felt the spirit so much and now he has members that
live literally on the same block and that will always have their doors
open for C I was so excited to see that! So C is so solid!
Also at the dinner Brother T showed us his 3D printer which was sick!
He is making 3D printers from a 3D Printer so he is just going to keep
mass producing them which is super cool! That family is super cool!
Those were our exchanges kind of the other stuff that happened this
week! We visited our miracle church attender last week S and she is
not in the best living situation and so we stopped by randomly because
she is not good at keeping appointments either so that happened and she
came let us in and we talked for a second, but it should be a long
process even though she knows the Church is true we need to find ways to
help her get out of her situation. One thing the mission has been
focusing on is checking for those who are truly converted and will be a
favor to the kingdom of God so we are making sure we are doing the
Church a favor and S a favor by baptizing her. I can see her
changing her life around though so we are not going to give up on her!
We had some good contacts randomly on Sunday we met two new people
which we are going to call a lot because we haven't had two new people
to call in a while so hoping the fruits of our labors are starting to
grow! I know that there is always great worth for the work put forth by
the Lord's servants even if you do not see the results others will!
We also were able to do service again it's been awhile we went in
on Wednesday for two hours and still am a master. Just kidding still
don't know what I need to do! I can't remember if I explained what we do
for service, but we go to a food pantry in San Pedro for those in need
and it's really cool!
OH also this week we had a mini MTC for the Torrance Stake Mini
Mission so the stakes in California have what they call mini missions
where youth get to go to a certain area in the CLAM and they serve with
the full time missionaries (if they are 18 and older they can stay over
with the missionaries for 3 days) for a day! So that was cool we helped
by giving trainings to the youth and also by helping them feel
comfortable with talking to people by role playing which was fun! That
was on Friday and it was a great experience we had a lot of fun! We
talked about knowing the culture well of the mission you go to I wish I
would have done that I thought California was going to be like any other
state in the United States, but nope. It's really important because you
have to know how to talk with people and the best way is about their
culture like over here in San Pedro we ask everyone how many times they
go to the beach or if they surf, or have a boat or something like that!
Really helpful! That was fun we also talked about the schedule using the
Lord's time most effectively!
Sunday was great too we went up in Priesthood and Young Womens and
told the youth to prepare to talk with one of their friends about the
gospel because we are going to bring a proseylting tool box in their
opening exercises for them to grab and give away and we are also going
to go to their seminary this Thursday (at 5:45 a.m ugh!) Should be good
the big goal is to put together a Torrance and Palos Verdes Stake
Missionary Fireside should be cool!
Also I think I have one picture to send because I lost my bag at a
members house so I got the bag back and am ready to take pictures like
crazy!
That was our week though it was a pretty good week! We had a lot of
fun and can't believe the transfer is almost over with this next Monday
I will have details if I am staying or leaving so hopefully staying I
love this area it's super fun and it's really pretty too! Like ME! ^-^
I am so excited to give all that I got the Lord will prepare the
way and I am excited to see those paths made for so many of our Heavenly
Fathers children! I love you all keep being great and remember to serve
the One with all our heart, might, mind, and strength!
Love ya!
Elder Jacklinš“
So the first one is Elder Burns and I tried to grab the ocean in there!
The Second is Zone Training Meeting forgot to send that!
The Third is the cake we made for Zone Training Meeting #TORPV TEAM
No comments:
Post a Comment