Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Baptism performed by Brigham Young! 🤣

Hey Family,
This week was really a great week! I can't believe how fast the transfer went just like the rest of my mission. Elder Dayley and I were talking about how fast time has gone and it's crazy. 
Well right now I am at a Church Building in Redondo Beach and we are hanging out with a few Elders. We had a busy week, but it was a great week!
So this last week was primarily focused on C, we wanted to make sure he would be good for his baptism this last Saturday. So we ended up making a plan throughout the week and it started off with our family home evening which was fun! We had a bit of a crazy one, Brother F our ward mission leader wasn't there and he is the only one who keeps those things on task. So needless to say that was a big interesting mess. haha We had one of the ward members up in front talking forever... haha So that was fun it kept C focused though which was what it was mainly for. 
Before Family Home Evening we ate with the E's we eat with them every Monday which is always a blast. We always have a blast with them.
After Monday was Tuesday and yeah... So we had a Zone Leadership Council which was fun we planned what  we can do to help the zone out the most. It was a good meeting. After that we planned with our District Leader to have an interview with C which was on Thursday! After that we went and visited C and talked to him about General Conference coming up on this Saturday and Sunday! :)
That was our Tuesday because out meeting took a good amount of our day plus dinner.
Wednesday was really fun we had some time to work in our area. We talked to some interesting people which was fun. We had some time to go and with Brother F and prepared the program for C's baptism and he asked Brother F to baptize him, which is good because they are both the size of a bear so what better way to baptize a bear than with a bear.
So that was Wednesday and then Thursday we planned ALL DAY! It was a little taxing, but we got through it.  It was good we planned out a lot of stuff such as Stake reports and I am going to stop talking about it. C passed his Baptismal Interview! So we were excited for his baptism.
Friday was District Meeting so it was good we had a mini ZTM and pumped everyone up for the transfer! Then we went up to the Stake Center and went to the Baptismal font with C and it was super cool! He was so happy to see the font it was really spiritual. 
The next day was C's baptism which was a great experience I have a picture from it that I will send in this email. It was really fun he was baptized by Brigham Young haha who is our ward mission leader. His daughters came which is a big thing because before they wouldn't see him, but now they are excited to see his changes.
It was really fun after that we had dinner and then we went and tried finding people and it went pretty well.
Sunday was really good we had K come again which was cool her mom called her and told her that Mormons don't believe in the Son of God and K read the Book of Mormon and found out that we do believe in the Son of God. So she came and that was cool C was confirmed a member of the Church and he was so excited. He had our ward mission leader confirm him as well! Haha Well if anyone has the priesthood Brigham Young does! Haha
So after that we contacted around and a Filipino guy was telling us to go and see the Philippines except not go in the mountains because we will be kidnapped and will be put up for ransom and if it's not paid we would lose our heads.
Haha
Well that was our week.
I am excited for tomorrow for my birthday we are in a long meeting at the visitor center... haha I guess that makes it even from last year when my birthday was on P-day. I will definitely be praying for Brian and Melissa and their family as well. 
I'm excited to hear that everyone is growing. I am tripping at all the changes that are happening Jordon looks like a Father now. It's crazy. Well I know that the Gospel is true and it helps lives because C came from the darkest of places and is now doing really well! He is now a member of the Church and is working to change his life around, I am so excited for him!
I love you all! 

Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin

Us Weekly Planning, our mouths got huge...


Elder Dayley and I playing Uno... we get bored a lot.


Wooo! From left to right! Elder Dayley, Brother F (Brigham Young), C, and me

No comments:

Post a Comment