Monday, September 7, 2015

The Land of Potpourri

Hello Fam,
I think that your Tuesday date night will never happen because I think they are just going to switch you guys back and forth and before you know it Dad will be bishop so you'll have to wait a few years and then maybe you guys will be old enough that you won't be called to anything. So you probably have quite a while until you get a date night Tuesday. That's cool also that Connor wants to save up for a Wii U for me to play when I get home. Haha it's perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually we were talking to a less active and it totally dawned on me how many things will change when I get home, now I'm not looking forward to getting home because at the same time I've noticed kids going to school and so don't worry I'm not having a panic attack and wanting to come home. I do miss home, but I don't want to come back...right now. It's awesome that Connor is getting straight A's, honestly Connor just get the A's so Mom and Dad can feel like they have one child that succeeded in school. hehe Cool though I'm glad everything is chaotic as ever back home, honestly it's probably 100 times more chaotic here.
Los Angeles is great I keep on realizing how diverse it is because we cover 4 inner cities, Paramount which looks like you are in Montana or something, Downey which is your Los Angeles look, Compton which is your creepy area, and Lynwood which is your Mexico, honestly they should just call it Mexico Town since there's already a China Town and a Korea Town, and a Filipino Town in the mission, and probably way more. Also the two wards we cover make it diverse as well, there is our Downey 2nd ward which is an English ward and then there is the Lynwood 2nd ward which is a Samoan ward. I like the Lynwood 2nd ward because the music is in Samoan and the prayer and the announcements and even sometimes the talks, but the classes are English. The music is awesome though it makes me feel like I am somewhere out of the U.S.
The people are great and sometimes hard to commit to do anything because they believe it, but they don't want to work to receive the full blessings. We've had to drop a lot of people, meaning we don't visit them for a while until way later in time. It's really sad having to let someone go who seems so perfect, but as long as they don't do anything they can't really understand, why it is so important that they do everything they can to receive the blessing of baptism, but one thing you have to remember is that baptism is a very sacred thing. Many people out here believe we are just baptizing people into our church, which in a way we are, but they need to realize that baptism is very sacred and we are not going to just ask someone will you be baptized this next week, no we have to prepare them for a date. It's great though I know that if I don't baptize someone ever doesn't mean I failed as a missionary, as long as I am obedient and committed to the work then I am a successful missionary.
The only funny experience I had was when we were walking down a street to a potential investigators house and a bunch of tiny dogs ran up to the gate barking, but looked like they were trying to play with us. So my companion stuck his foot under the gate just in case and those sneaky little dogs bit his shoe, it was like they were trying to look all cute for us so we would walk in and then eat us, but yeah don't trust little dogs, I think I'm more scared of them now than a large guard dog.
Well I finally figured out my pictures to the point that I could send them, but I had to split them all up which is alright I guess, I liked the picture of the BENCH HORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! because it was just a random house we knocked on and no one answered so we took the opportunity to take a picture. That's honestly the only picture I've taken, I tried to take a picture of the moon when it was at it's closest or what they call the "High Tide Moon" because it brings the high waves and tide and stuff, but it didn't work out very well I think I still have like 20 pictures of me just trying to take a picture.
Well I honestly am running out of things to say, but that's cool that Connor is doing well and that everything is going great back home. How's Jordan and Jen? Are they going to send me emails? They don't have too, but I'm just wondering. Well I'm glad too that Sam and Connor and probably Jacob are all out now in the mission field, and I think Dallin Chadwick will still have 2 more weeks or something like that left till he goes to Japan. Well I am grateful for all you do. I learned also some Samoan so fafeeti which means "Thank you" for all your emails. I know through experience that faith without works is dead because if someone doesn't work for baptism then we missionaries will turn over to the Lord or in other words drop them. I love you all and I hope you have a great week.

A loving Elder,
Elder Jacklin

P.S Because grandma said this in one of her letters which I thought was funny is that she said Elder Grandma so

I love you Elder Grandma,
Elder Your Favorite Grandson 

P.S.S I will also try and send the keys this week or next week I'm not sure, but they will come.
P.S.S.S I just wanted to get more Ss.

MTC Companion

MTC District

My apartment and companion
Bench Horse

No comments:

Post a Comment