Monday, September 14, 2015

Mission life is Good!

Hello Family,
I'm doing really well here on the mission. It's honestly been a hard preparation day today since I've had to take two surveys that are one hour long each so I can receive an I-pad by sometime near the end of this 2nd transfer. I've survived 1 transfer as well and I'm not going anywhere and I have my same trainer which I'm not surprised about. I'm really happy that I haven't changed areas because many cool things have happened here. I'm glad to see that many great things are happening.
So this week we've been rushing around trying to teach all our current investigators and helping them realize that they need to attend church, but no luck so far. We gained some new investigators this week though and honestly my favorite is this one guy named A. that we taught. It was so cool because I explained how the spirit works after our lesson and we had him pray and he said that he felt something peaceful and I wanted to just explode in happiness because that was the first investigator that I have had so far that had an experience like that. He also said if he feels like he got an answer that he will be baptized. The cool thing too was it was a guy I talked to on the street (I know surprise surprise) and he said that I said something that really made him want to talk to us and I can't remember what I said anyways, but I know that the spirit was working all kinds of miracles with this guy. We also dropped an investigator because he's not progressing and so we needed to just give him a break. I've definitely seen the Lord's hand in the work and I can't even explain how intense it was being there to see A. feel the spirit.
My companion keeps on asking me why I write such long emails to you and I keep on telling him that my parents will not be happy to receive an email that says "My life is good on the mission." We also ran into a lot of crazy people this week. One guy actually wanted us to come back and teach us why we are wrong and I wanted to tell him that that is our job, but we just gave him a card and left him there. We had a house that had a hotel "Do not disturb" sign on their door and one of the ladies saw us coming so she went to the door and started what I think was saying "No want it," in what I thought was worse than a little child so I think she was drunk.
It's cool that grandma and grandpa are going home that means soon I won't receive any more mail. Haha, my companion also is getting really good at texting with the "texting language." I honestly think he used LOL and it's the funniest thing since he is from the Philippines.
I'm kind of running out of time, but I promise the next email will be much longer. I'm still waiting for a baptism, but I know that I don't need baptisms to be a successful missionary. I know that the Lords work is moving on. I hope you guys have a fun week this next week and Connor I hope you have fun with your Wii U be careful though because my companion has graduated college and knows how to hack passwords so when I come back he can take care of your password.
 I know that you guys will have a good week and I will send pictures next week.
Love,
Elder Jacklin (The best)

P.S I need to still go to the mail office so I can send the keys I'm honestly slacking on that, but I hope you guys have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment