It's wonderful to hear from all of you.
California is feeling really hot right now, but I think it's starting to
cool down to warm so I hope you guys like the cold because I don't
think it's going to here. It's been fun this past week knowing that I
survived my first transfer and that I still get to work in this
wonderful area. We've been having a lot of great experiences so far with
our investigators and a lot of hard times with them. We've had ups and
downs as every missionary does and really when you look at it there
nothing much more you can do. We had these two discussions with this one
girl who the Spanish speaking missionaries were teaching and she seemed
to be doing well, but now we found out that she wants to drop us,
luckily the Spanish speaking missionaries invited her to the temple
visitors center before we lost her so we still might have a chance, but
it's going to be hard, but I know Heavenly Father will help her. We've
had many objections against us this week, but you really think about it
that the person you talked to won't probably ever see you again so it
doesn't matter honestly all you have to do is let them say what they
want and then either leave or you say something that makes them doubt
about what they just said and then you leave, but it doesn't matter
anyways.
So it's interesting we got a new missionary
in our district and he's pretty interesting; kind of a handful (the funny
thing is that he is 20 years old and it doesn't seem like it). He's a
nice guy though he's from Arizona I don't know where, but he's still a
cool guy. We've had a lot of fun this week especially since now we only
serve one ward now which is not the Samoan ward (tears), but they also
took our car that we had away so we have to bike now in a very large
area. (Sarcasm) It's fun though I actually really like biking because it
just gets you pumped for talking to others. We've had some great
experiences with this ward though now and it's much easier to find
members to go with us since we can actually get to know them.
We're still trying to see if we can talk with the guy I talked
about last email who had an awesome experience, but I fear his
girlfriend is going to be a problem, unless we teach her too. >:)
haha it's perfect. It's fun talking with people here because really
don't judge a book by its cover we've talked to plenty of people who
look like nice people, but they end up being the biggest jerks of all
time. We then talk to all these people who look all tough and big and
really like someone who would not be interested and they will be the
nicest people ever. It really proves that we are all children of God
with agency because when you walk up to someone you really don't know
what they're going to say or what they're going to be like and depending
on how they choose they can be amazing people or down right rude
people, but it's like I said you won't remember them and they probably
won't see you again in their lives.
We actually had rain
not to long ago which was amazing and really weird too because I am
used to the Utah rain that is huge and large droplets hitting the ground
here it might do that for a little bit, but then turn into this misty
rain. I was confused because it was like all of L.A was misty. Everyone
here has told me that I won't play in snow until I get home, they say I
will see snow in the mountains, but never down here which makes sense
we're at sea level here and in a drought.
That's cool that
Connor is trying to go to the dances, because believe me I had a friend
who wouldn't even go to the dances and so that would mean one girl
wouldn't be able to go either. Tell Connor that those kids are a bunch
of bums (forgive my bad language) and that they need to let him into
their groups or else I will gather all the Cartel here and come back
home myself and they can force these kids to let Connor in their groups.
Tell Connor that he needs to email me after every date he goes on and
tell me what happened and then I can give him pointers on how he can do
better. I got yo back! I think it's great that he is talking to more
people and if they don't want to be friends with him then who needs
them. It just proves that they are not following the second big
commandment "Love thy neighbor". Honestly he will gain great friends by
doing that because it's like if you're in a donut shop blind folded and
the more donuts you try the easier it is to find the best ones even
though you have to taste the gross ones.
It's great here
though I can't believe grandma and grandpa are going home that's cool
just tell them not to come here I honestly want to live out my mission
just like as if I was in a different country and no one could come and
see me, not because I don't want to see them, it's just since it's a
mission I want it to be a mission. I love you guys though don't get me
wrong I see all the planes heading from and towards the East and I
always think alright 22 months I still got this, but 22 months. I'm fine
though the work keeps me going and I make sure I am working. I can't
wait to hear more from you guys and I hope you got the two pictures I
got. One being the baby handicap sign (I think Carlee will think it's
cute) and the Samoan orange, because it's bigger than my hand and I'm so
used to the little ones. I love you guys and I can't wait to hear more
and it's starting to pick up speed so next thing you know I will be... 1
year away and then I won't want to come back so you won't see me again.
Just kidding. Have fun and I will pray for you and especially Connor
and God shall open the Heavens and pore out a blessing of handsomeness
to him and all the people will love him because Heavenly Father loves my
prayers so it will happen, I have faith that it will. haha
Love You,
Elder Jacklin
Sorry I forgot to answer your questions.
1.
If people send you emails, can you look at them later in the week on
your iPad and read them even though it’s not your p-day? I know you
can’t email people but some missionaries were talking about how they can
read their emails later in the week and just wait to respond until
p-day. I was just curious.
2. How is your investigator progressing?
3. Are you learning how to cook your own meals or do you get fed there? Are you eating lots of eggs?
4.
Are you still lifting weights or have you worn your companion down to
go running? It’s good that you are continuing to exercise because that’s
very important while you are on your mission.
1.
Yes I can when I get my iPad on October the 13th unless someone in my
missionary age group doesn't take this assignment type thing then it
will be longer, but yes I am allowed to do that.
2. I guess I already answered that a little bit.
3.
I sort of am it's kind of experimental so I hopefully won't poison
myself and no I am not eating lots of eggs maybe a few but not lots.
4.
Yes I am still lifting weights and no I haven't run in a while I think
I'm going to try and get him to run with me once every week at least
once if not it doesn't matter I'll figure something out.
Ok Love you,
Elder Jacklin
| I crave oranges!!! |
| Picture of a baby handicap picture. I thought it was awesome. |
No comments:
Post a Comment