Monday, October 5, 2015

I Love Conference!

Hello Family,
Ok, before I'm going to read your letter I'm going to guess what might be on it. I'm guessing Mom that you put on Elder Holland's talk about mothers.

Alright,
Well you didn't talk about Elder Hollands talk, but I really loved it because it is totally true. Elder Holland had pretty much said mothers are the closest in relation to the Savior and I think that is totally true. I mean I would have died if it wasn't for you and your cooking. I'm really grateful for you mom because of how much of an influence you have had on me. When I was listening to Elder Holland talk it was almost like every thing that I did wrong to you or to myself and stabbed me right to the heart because it is totally true. I'm so sorry for anything I have done I've noticed the worst things I have ever done is breaking my mothers heart and yet knowing that you would be just as the Savior still let me come with welcome arms the next day or so or next few minutes. My goodness especially if it was Elder Holland talking I mean most of his talks are brimstone and hell fire on all those who sin or do wrong or wrong other things and here they have him talk about mothers and it honestly just was like a smack in the face and the spirit saying "You better apologize to your mother."
I really enjoyed this week with all the conferences I went to, I mean we had Zone Conference and General Conference in one week so I learned a lot. It stunk though because when they called the three new apostles we were in another room talking to one of our investigators and I wasn't able to sustain them even though I do sustain them anyways as Prophets, Seers, and Revelators. I don't have much time today though so I'm not going to spend much on what line I liked the most in conference (not because I was asleep during conference, I really don't have time to).
That's cool though that Connor is getting so many professionals to help them out this year. Cross Country doesn't need professionals to help them out so they can win, *cough* just kidding; that's awesome that means they are actually going to win everything this year. It's cool that Connor is having fun with the band, we actually met this less-active guy who is less-active because of his job and he had the audacity to tell us that he "wanted to work hard now, go to church later," and I wanted to tackle him and start spouting out that your not supposed to have "idols" before God, but his boys both were in the band and one of them played the trumpet too so that reminded me of Connor. Tell Connor to email me any girl problems as well so I can give him the tips of LOOKING GOOD!
So Grandma and Grandpa are home and I was looking at those signs and was thinking I've still got 2 years til I get a corn dog and they've still got 2 years til they have to see an XC meet and blah blah blah blah blah. Haha No I'm fine where I'm at here in California which is really really hot California. It wasn't too hot this week though because of some rain. That's cool though I wish I could have seen that, but I'm doing something more important.
This week we've been pretty busy with conferences and planning that we haven't really done a lot of teaching, but we've done a lot of tracting and contacting. I sent two pictures of me knocking on a little door we found underneath a tree and I thought it was funny. They didn't let us in though and I'm glad because I definitely  wouldn't have fit. Well I don't have much time since I got another flu shot today, but I want you guys to know that I love you guys and that it's awesome that nothing extreme has happened yet like me becoming an uncle or anything like that. I love you guys and hope that you have a great week this week.

Love,
Elder Jacklin

We knocked on this door but they weren't very interested...
They thought our message was nutty:)


No comments:

Post a Comment