It's fun to hear from you guys. I feel really
blessed to hear a lot of what happens during the week especially when I
compare it to what I was doing at the same time because the days seem
to go pretty fast, sometimes. It's funny when I'm out here and I think
man it's 2:15 p.m that means Connor just got out of school and then I
realize that that was an hour ago, then I really feel like time is
going fast. It's fun though out here, but I'm getting sick of the heat I
just want it to cool down, but it's not cooling down.
Well Mom when you told me that you had a hard time recognizing Grandma
since she's come back from her mission, I'm really worried that you're not
going to recognize me when I come back. (Thank you) JUST KIDDING. It's
weird to think that they are home especially since I got a letter that
said Orem Utah on it instead of Ithaca New York. It's cool though.
We had a great week this week, we've had to find some more people
to teach and we've been very successful. We taught a girl of 9 years of
age and it's great that she wants to be baptized, but it's sad that we
need to teach her because her parents are less-active members and the
only one active is her grandfather. She barely turned 9 and if her
parents would have just reactivated themselves they could have had her
take the lessons in Primary, but they didn't ever come back and they wanted
us to teach the lessons to her. It shows that parents have a big impact
on their children, I don't know how this girl feels, but it honestly
must be much harder to be active when your parents are not striving to
be active. We're going to make sure she can be strong in the church and
hopefully she will be an example for her parents so they can come back
to church.
That's a cool story about the band, I also
like the stadium without the track. I looked at it and thought it kind
of peculiar that the track is missing, and I'm missing, so it made me
think, somethings missing, HAHA THAT'S ME! That's cool also that Grandma
got to see the band for the first time. I wonder if Connor was thinking
about that when he performed. I remember when Jordan watched me race for
the first time in Cross Country and man it was weird to think about it
that way. That's so cool though that the whole stadium was quiet for the
band teacher Heather Christensen. I can't wait to hear more stories
about Connor and the band. Even though it comprises of they played...
they won and that's it. haha not a surprise :) SMILEY FACE!!!!
Man I feel bad about the boys I hope they are not down on
themselves because of Region. I think they need to know that they
shouldn't be down on themselves because they got 2nd Place at Region,
but they need to know that they have a better chance at winning State
than any of the other varsity teams including all the ones I was a part
of. One thing I think helped me at State was losing to Casey before
State. Tell them that this is their year again and to show those other
teams that they have no chance this year. The one thing Dr. Bell told me
that helped me is he said "This is your year." I have high hopes for the
team I believe they're going to win this year, no doubt about it.
It's been a great week this week and tomorrow I finally get the
iPad you guys had to pay for, but it is a big responsibility so I'm a
little nervous (no games) haha. There's not much that I have left to say,
but I love you guys and can't wait to hear more from you this next
week.
Love,
Elder Jacklin
P.S
My favorite places to camp were in Strawberry reservoir (sorry I can't
remember how to spell it), in Wyoming near the Tetons, but that's pretty
far, in AF Canyon somewhere I don't really know where, Topaz mountain's
pretty cool, and at this place near Goblin Valley, but I can't remember
where you'll have to ask Bishop Gallman or Brother Phillips about the camp-out we went on where we hiked Ding and Dang. That place is awesome
because it has pavilions to sit in the shade in the desert except for if
there are gnats out trying to find places to lay eggs because one time
we were there the gnats were trying to get in our ears and lay eggs in
them. That's it really I can't think of anywhere else. I love you.
Sorry about the short email as well I couldn't think of what else to talk about.
No comments:
Post a Comment