Monday, December 7, 2015

Love From Sunny L.A.!

Hello Family,
How is it going?! Well here it is great! I'm so happy to be serving a
mission here in Los Angeles California. Well I think I will just write
a paragraph for each day this week so you can know what trouble I've
been getting into.
Monday
So Monday we had a great time bowling with our zone(this Monday we are
bowling again I don't know why the other Elders like bowling so much)
and we had a lot of fun. I won both games so I think I can wipe the
dust off my shoulders, I'm such a pro. One of the zone leaders in our
zone got called to be an assistant to the President so he is leaving
today and so it was like saying goodbye. We then afterwards went and
talked with some people and were handing out the new video cards for
Christmas called "A Savior is Born". It was crazy we had one guy ask
what the cards were about and we just said Christmas and he said "Well
if it's from a religion I don't want it," and I was like oh my
goodness you don't know the true meaning of Christmas! It's surprising
I thought it was going to be so much easier to talk with people about
Christmas, but they don't want to talk about it. It's not cool, but I
still love em.
Tuesday
Today we visited this lady and she was just laughing at all the
experiences she has had with her family. She is super nice and so is
her family we actually helped them with their groceries. We then went
and talked to this girl who is about 18 and she is a bit distracted a
lot and this other lady was just talking to us about the Gospel. She
told us pray and ask God to lead you where you need to be and she said
he will snatch us right out of Latter-day Saints and I wanted to tell
her that I have and he said stay here, but no I didn't. People are so
nice when really in their hearts they just want to convert us. God
put me where I am and I'm not leaving. That was pretty much it though
we didn't have too much success with the two, but hopefully we will in
the future.
Wednesday
So today we kind of were just trying to find people. So we tried to
visit this guy that I invited to be baptized on the street and he
actually wasn't home. We then went and visited one of our recent
converts who is getting close to finished with new member lessons and
on the 12th will be able to hopefully  go to the temple, but we shall
see. We then had a correlation meeting with the ward which was like
any other, very exciting. (Haha sarcasm) We then visited our miracle
investigators who will be baptized on Feb 14th. They are awesome they
pretty much are already members it's awesome.
Thursday
Today was a little sad because one of our investigators dropped us.
She was doing so awesome, but her family didn't trust the prophet
Joseph Smith and so she was thinking that they didn't want her to do
that so that was unfortunate. We actually though ran into the guy that
I invited to be baptized on the street and we were able to talk with
him, which was awesome he is so funny, but talks a lot so it's hard to
share a message with him. We then actually I forgot to say on Tuesday
we met a inactive member of the Church and he was alright with
visiting with us. He is alright to try, but he is a bit shaky right
now. It was a sad day to a good day pretty fast which I was happy for.
Friday
We had a pretty fun day today with trying to find more people. We went
and visited some investigators we already visited this week, and one
of our other recent converts. We didn't really have anything exciting
happen today.
Saturday
So today we actually ran into someone who was a former investigator
because she was so busy, but we ran into her today and set up an
appointment with her and she said that she was not busy any more. We
also ran into this awesome family which were super interested in what we
do, they are awesome. We then were able to prepare for tomorrow by
frantically trying to get change for fast offerings tomorrow. We
barely got in on time. It was a fun day though.
Sunday
So first off transfers, so I am staying here and Elder Wiedrich got a
call from President Weidman and he told him that he is now serving a
Farsi mission. He is super stressed right now and my new companion is
Elder Baldwin who is one ward away from me anyways so that will be
fun. We had a great Fast Sunday I was able to bear my testimony to the
ward which was great. We then went and visited one of our struggling
investigators and kind of had an interesting lesson and she talked a
lot about her dreams so that was weird, but hopefully she will get an
answer. We are praying for that.
Well that was my week, so I don't know when I will call yet, but I
will be skyping so we will see what happens. I like the house it looks
a lot different than what I remember, I am a little sad that I won't
be there for the nativity this year, but I will watch the bible video
nativity on Christmas Eve to keep the tradition going. Now how long
did it take you to clean all the utensils on the counter, a bitter
sweet thing I think. Haha Well I sent the keys finally and a little
letter inside, man that was the first time I've sent something, I will
see what I can do for a Christmas package. I love you all and hope you
have a great week. Merry Christmas.
 
Love,
Elder Jacklin

No comments:

Post a Comment