Hello Family, Well this week has been great we had the chance to set 3 baptismal dates and almost another, which was really cool. I honestly am running out of jokes to say. I guess I am a joke then. Haha Wow I am so sorry. :) This will just be a normal email, I will just talk about the big things that happened this week. I actually am so happy that I am staying because so much is happening this transfer and I am so excited. We found this awesome family and they are in love with what we do as missionaries. The great thing when we visited them again was that they were waiting for us and we were able to teach the Restoration of the gospel with them. They were so into the lesson and their son was asking all these questions, it was awesome. We talked about them being baptized on January 10th and they accepted. Their son then asked the question how should I pray and also how should I know and so I showed him and then my companion shared a powerful conversion story with them and I shared my simple one,haha. We then had the son say the prayer and it was so powerful, I honestly almost started crying and I don't cry that easily when it comes to the gospel. It was so cool and it was like God reached to them that very moment. I have faith that they will make that date, the Father just needs to quit smoking which he already is trying to and we haven't even told him to stop anyways. It was fun being able to see that change in not only them, but my perspective of missionary work. Speaking of change I had a strange experience today. So today I got my eyebrows threaded and it was interesting, it pinched, but it was different. I honestly can't see the difference, but I might send a picture and I want you to see if there is a difference. Well I also found out that pictures on the iPad are a little less space so I will send all the pictures on that and just keep pictures on the camera. My companion wanted me to because he did it as well. My companion Elder Baldwin is from Gilbert, Arizona and he is just a wild fire. He was reactivated when he was in New York and he still has some problems with keeping his filter, but he is always serious when we go into lessons. He is a great guy and always makes me laugh. Thank you for your prayers because I need it, he sometimes wants to just bucket some days and go in early, but I tell him we can't, but he is getting used to it. Well we are still on bikes, but it is alright. I am still trying to find out what time I will call, but we haven't received word yet, but I will ask around and probably ask the mission president as well. It's going to be so weird when I call. I feel like it's going to be me and Carlee trying to tell our stories and we are going to just shut each other down. Also my language has changed, I speak like a gangsta now and I don't think you all want to hear me speak. I like the stories from home, I thought it was funny that Grandpa was setting up and you were switching things. I remembered all the things I switched in the house and mom you would notice them. Oh which reminds me did you ever notice the thing I switched in the house before I left, have fun finding it. Haha I'm being serious right now and it's something I know never comes down. Well I know that you are all safe, it was interesting to hear sirens from ambulances every single day of every single hour hearing sirens and think how many times it happens. In fact I had a really life changing experience, so we were riding to Lynwood and my companion was not behind me and so I went back and he was walking back and said a dog got hit by a car and it was this huge dog. So we tried to direct traffic around it, I tried to move it, but it was too heavy and it was bleeding like crazy, I almost threw up. It finally died and it was so weird because I had never seen something die before and it was like it knew it was finished, because it was like it fell asleep and with as much confidence as if it knew where it was going. Sorry if that was kind of sad, but it changed my perspective on life, not that I am going to become a serial killer or something, because I'm obsessed with it, it was just weird to see for the first time. Well on that note I am doing great I got all the Christmas stuff and I promise I won't open any of the stuff until Christmas. I hope you all have a great holiday season and SHOUT OUT TO JORDON BECAUSE OF HIS BIRTHDAY! Well I have some pictures that I will send and I will see if I can work something out about Christmas. Also did you get the Key to the Mazda, I sent it last week so it should be there. I love you all and to you all a good night, haha CHRISTMAS REFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas, Elder Jacklin Sent from my FREAKING iPad
Monday, December 14, 2015
Love From The Best Mission on the Earth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment