Hello Family, It was super nice to talk to you all even the cousins as well. I am so happy that you all are still doing great. It was the worst when I ended the call because I just instantly turned it off and then afterwards it was like someone punched in the gut, but I am not sad because you're all ugly. Haha just kidding. My Christmas was great it is actually pretty cool here I won't say cold, but it is at least cool. When the sun has been out for a while it gets to 70 degrees, but the mornings and nights are a little cool especially on a bike. It also doesn't help when it is humid here because if you leave your bikes out on the street (locked obviously). After a while the seats are wet because of the humidity so your bum gets wet and you have to ride home in the cool wet air. After we called we went to a members house and it was really fun, we had enchiladas and tamales and it was really good. It was fun to talk with them, they are the Halls by the way, I don't know if they are related with the Halls back home, but one of the sons of Brother and Sister Hall was there and he graduated from American Fork High School in 1997, which was cool I made him feel old. He was funny he talked to me about Utah things that are not common in other places like we say "sluff" when we ditch class, or other things and it was fun they were a fun family. This week really consisted of us finding and it was really cool, because on December 26th our mission President had all the zone Leaders and District Leaders call all the missionaries to tell them to on that day contact 20 people and invite 3 people to be baptized on the street and it was pretty crazy especially since my new companion was speaking in Spanish to a lot of people and most of the invitations were in Spanish, but it was interesting because we didn't have any success in people wanting to be baptized, but we had a lot of return appointments people were talking to us and not just brushing us off, it was pretty interesting. Other than that we have been trying to get a hold of some people that requested on Christmas.mormon.org for us to come by and share our message with them and many are busy, but they are really willing for us to come. I called a guy and he said "yeah come by tomorrow at 2:00" and we did, but he wasn't there, but it was still pretty cool. My new companion is awesome, he knows Spanish and French, and he is trying to learning English, we can still communicate thank goodness, but he still asks me how to say this, but my Spanish is getting a lot better. I know how to at least pray in Spanish so that's cool. It's funny because since he is Canadian I heard that they are super nice no matter what so it's funny when we are on the street and someone just yells at us, he just smiles and just tells me, "What a nice guy," it's super funny. It definitely was a big change from my last companion to this one I have now, oh and it was funny because we were at the temple and on our way back we saw the the Warner Brothers tower which said Sony Pictures on it, but it was cool we drove past the Sony Pictures building. Sometime I need to take a picture. We had a great time this week and my companion is improving and so am I in Spanish which is great. I honestly am going to try to speak to him in Spanish and then he will speak to me in English, but we will see how it works out. I think if I do get really fluent in Spanish then I will work on keeping the Spanish, but also learn Samoan as well, but I don't have much time out here to learn, but it would be funny in my homecoming talk with my friends and even though I am serving an English mission I bear my testimony in both Spanish and Samoan. Hey just because I'm still in the U.S doesn't mean I can't learn a language. It's really been fun though and I loved talking to all of you. Jordon better be annoying Mom double time because I can't help, and Connor better go on 100 dates or he can give me the Wii U, I need to do more things here like Carlee does in Minnesota, and I better get learning Spanish so me and Grandpa and Bryce can talk in Spanish to each other. I loved the picture of the four big boys with their socks, hey I know of many people here that think they are cool and tough, except,they wear blue bandanas, or red, or they wear green shirts. (Aka. Gangbangas) I love it here and it's such a great experience we haven't much teaching this transfer, but mostly that's because of Christmas, we are still moving with our baptismal dates except for the new family we are teaching will probably need to be baptized later like in late January or start of February, but I faith for as soon as possible. I love you all and I will try to get some exciting pictures to send home. I am safe don't worry about that and I will be off to work here in L.A. PEACE!!!!, Elder Jacklin P.S: How long does Carlee have left? When she comes home, do you think you could send a video of the dogs reaction when she comes, I think that would be funny to see. I don't need anything else from home. That's all I have. Buenos días! (Yeah!)Sent from my iPad
Monday, December 28, 2015
Love Straight Outta Compton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment