Hello Family, This week was pretty good, I enjoyed it. Sorry for the short email, but I thought since I will talk with you I will explain more then so I have something to talk about. Monday Well today we played Basketball which I haven't done in a while which is good, I found out it's so much more fun going places rather than just playing basketball. Tuesday Monday wasn't that crazy so not much to talk about there. Today we went crazy trying to contact all the Gladys Knight referrals, we got 2, hooray! Haha, but one was someone who has been investigating the Church for 6 years. The other one wasn't ever home so we are still trying to find out how to give the package to her. Wednesday We visited a few of our baptismal dates. We visited the French speaking family J and A, they are pretty cool. It was fun teaching the word of wisdom because J works a lot and he was so sad about hearing that, but he said, "Man Gods commandments have to be hard, but I will stop," so that was really cool. Thursday Today we helped a lady move in to the ward, first time in a while that we were able to ride somewhere in normal clothes. It was crazy though because we went to dinner right afterward and the family just said, dress later eat now, and I felt so insecure that whole time eating. We then got dressed and went to one of our baptismal dates and had a great lesson with her, she doesn't like the guy she is living with so she is working on leaving which is good considering the Law of Chastity and all. We met him as well and we can see why she doesn't like him. Friday Today I got sick with a fever and it was not fun, I was cold all day. We then went around in our area with a member from Watts that knows Elder Pearson a lot. It was fun I was still sick though. Saturday Today was crazy I just want to talk about our two miracles we saw. We were visiting our baptismal dates to invite them and fortify them for Church and we visited A and A. Both have locked complexes and A's phone was out. We walked up and decided to say a prayer that we would be able to talk with A and the locked door opened and we went up to his apartment and knocked and we talked with his mom. A wasn't there. We then we're leaving down the street when we ran into A and he said he was coming to Church tomorrow. We then visited A that night and did the same thing, the door opened. We walked up and talked with the guy she is living with and he said she wasn't there. We then ran into her walking to the apartment and talked with her and she said she was coming to Church, both came to Church next Sunday. Sunday Today was a great Sabbath day, we had A and A show up to Church. We had dinner at a BIG house though, and being a mile away from the ocean and nice neighborhood, the house we ate at was probably 5 some odd million dollars, SUPER EXPENSIVE! The family there was nice, it's just a couple there, me and my companion were so worried about how we ate because of how nice their house was. This week was pretty good, sorry I didn't say much mostly because I will be talking with you on Mother's Day. So for Mother's Day we are going to a members home at 5:00 Cali time and will skype. So I will probably Skype at 5:10 Cali time, 6:10 your time. Let me know if that is ok, I will also send this on a separate email so you can read it sooner. Can't wait to talk with you. Love,Elder Jacklin
Monday, May 2, 2016
Hi From L.A.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Elder Jacklin
No comments:
Post a Comment