Monday, May 30, 2016

Love from the same ward, but different area, Inglewood‏

Well hello Family,
Well I am moving out from Hawthorne, but going to Inglewood just up
the street. Haha Transfers are weird this time, both areas in our ward
were technically whitewashed, because Elder Lupeni is going over here
and for some reason I am going over there, but yeah so I am coming in
a whitewashed area and he is as well which is our area. It's super
weird, I guess President Weidman's going out with a bang! It will be
fun though, I'm not very happy that I am still on a bike, but whatever
at least I can stay in shape. So I am in the same ward, but different
area.
My new companion is Elder Baldwin, woohoo I have already been with him
before for 2 weeks in Downey and we are back together. Haha It's
pretty funny, in fact I heard a lot of missionaries got back with old
companions. So I already know him pretty well, he is from Gilbert
Arizona, he was a baseball player, he was adopted into a family of
members, and he is a Mormon. Haha sorry that last part was just
because it reminded me of those "I'm a Mormon" videos the Church has.
This week was great though and it kind of put me down that I am
leaving because we went to the Visitor Center on Saturday with Y
and M and it was really a great experience for Y she felt
the spirit a lot. It was crazy too because she texted us on Sunday and
told us she made her decision and that she wants to be baptized no
matter what she has to do, and even if her family doesn't agree with
it. It was super cool, but NOOOOOOO! I am leaving, haha that seems to
happen a lot though, the good thing is that I can still see them at
Church and if I ever go on exchanges with Elder Lupeni.
We also have been having a great time in this ward as well. I feel
like we are doing good things for this ward in helping the members
out. It's been really good and it will be really interesting to see
what happens if we can start getting them more involved in missionary
work.
It's crazy I can't believe that this next transfer we get a new
mission president. We looked on the calendar and June 30th is when I
get to meet him for the first time, it is going to be weird. I had my
last interview with President this week as well, he told me I keep
getting taller, a little bit though I don't think I am 6 foot 6 like
Connor is now. All the missionaries are wondering if the rules will
change, I don't think they will though to be honest. Maybe over time
yes, but immediately, no. It's crazy I will probably have a hard time
saying President Haynie instead of President Weidman.
I really forgot all we did this week. That's why I am not doing the
day by day run down, but we had a great week. We went to dinner at the
C's they are so funny, they were telling us about the time
Brother C took his son S to the hospital on the corner of
Ghetto and Hood. It was super funny, apparently his son almost got
them killed because he wouldn't keep his mouth shut, but it was fun
his son is super cool.
That's crazy that it has been officially a year since I graduated,
that's so weird. We just barely had a missionary that the Spanish
Elders are with since he lost his passport for like a day going to
Samoa and he is barely out and it reminded me when I first came out.
Super nervous and wondering what to do. Well I can't believe Connor
and Cameron are done with Junior year and will go onto their Senior
year. Especially with Cade coming home in a month and a half. Aaaaah!
Well hopefully this next year and a few months will go slow, (wish
probably not granted). It will be interesting to see what happens, I
still remember leaving and remember all the things that have happened
so far.
Well I have run out of things to talk about, but I hope you all are
doing well and I will try my hardest to get more pictures to send
home, but I did get pictures at the Visitor Center with our
investigator and her boyfriend (who is a member).
I hope this week will be full of fun for you all to let me know about.
Have a great week.
 
Love,
Palm treeElder Jacklin
P.S: So my size is like 32/35 just a little bit more on the legs not
much, I don't know if that is possible, but hopefully it will work.
Thank you Mom and have a great week.
Love you,
Elder Jacklin
 
Us at the Visitor Center and I honestly could not see Y next to
me because of my shoulder so I am not scared of her it's just I didn't
notice I was that far away, so it looks like I am very VERY
consecrated. Haha

 

No comments:

Post a Comment