Hey Family,
I wanted to start on how much I walked this week. I pretty much did a
trek this week. I was thinking the best thing to describe this week is
by going day by day. This week was a bit on the more slow weeks, but
we still had some pretty funny experiences.
Monday
Monday was a really exciting day we actually were able to go to the
Hollywood sign and it was cool to say that I had been up there. The
view was cool, but the smog was kind of disgusting, I felt bad for the
tourists who came from far away just to see how bad the air is in Los
Angeles, but it was still cool. We took some pictures on the top and I
might be able to attach them to this email. The group was Elders
Pierce, Lupeni, Milligan, Strong, Baldwin, and Jacklin (me). It was
good though we also ran into Elder's Rickman, Guerrero, Fraatz,
Sugden, Zabriskie, and Rawlings, they were all going up to the
Hollywood Sign as well.
Tuesday
Today we went searching for more people. We stopped by G's, but
he wasn't there, we have to try him more. We ran into a potential
investigator that we saw before, it was pretty cool. His name is
A, he was at G's house and they were talking. He is pretty
cool, he had a crazy car accident where he was dragged for a bit under
a car and survived the accident. It was really interesting, but it
made him change his ways and believe in God so it came out for the
best. Other than that the day was pretty basic.
Wednesday
Today we went looking for people as well. We had visits with the ward
and me and Elder Pierce went and visited C she is a recent
convert and she is 9 and she can hardly speak English or Spanish. It's
really interesting. She has a hard time understanding so it was pretty
hard trying to simplify a lot. We also received a referral today with
a baptismal date already thanks to Elder Babo and Elder Burnside from
the South West Los Angeles Branch. She seems really cool, she wants to
get baptized as well so we are going to see what we can do to help her
out.
Thursday
Today we had high expectations, but nothing really happened. We were
going to have a lesson with a big family that are all former
investigators because of a boundary change. It was a bit unfortunate,
but we walked that whole day and it was pretty painful. We ran into
someone while we were tracting and he used to meet with missionaries a
long time ago. He was going on vacation for a month, but he was fine
with us stopping by. He does not like people though that boast about
their knowledge of the bible and how many verses they know. I am with
him on that, I am not a fan of that at all, we run into a lot of
people like that. Again not much happened.
Friday
Today we had zone training meeting which was good. The rest of the day
we were contacting and we had a crazy experience. We were walking down
La Brea and we saw this lady ahead of us and she was waving her
umbrella back and forth and soon we found out she was telling us to
turn right or left. She was yelling at us to go away and to take our
bible out of the country and that it was illegal or something like
that. It was pretty crazy, but whatever it happens.
Saturday
We had a good lesson with J he is a young adult. He is really
cool, but he has some problems with Joseph Smith and so we are working
with him to get a testimony of the Book of Mormon. Hopefully he will
get a testimony as long as he does the things like pray and read and
come to Church. He should be promising though; he likes what the Church
is like now. We might turn him over to the YSA ward though because he
is a young adult and his half sister is a member and is a young adult
so we are going to see what we can do with that. The rest of the day
we went with some members to an investigator, but they cancelled so we
went and visited someone they knew which we met them, but they are
moving out, but it was good the person is really solid. The day was
pretty good though.
Sunday
Today was good we went to Church, no one showed up. :( It was good
though because we actually found two new people that day that seemed
pretty cool. Other than that Sunday we did the usual, talking to
people and stuff.
Wow it sounded like your week was crazy with trek. I feel like I
walked a trek with all the walking we did. I wish I was there for trek
they are doing trek over here as well so I am surrounded with trek
propaganda. Haha I think it's God testing me. Haha
The area is good though the ward is a lot better than what it looked
like when I came in. I am glad that we have at least made that
difference. We are going to play soccer today though, we were going to
play with the APs, but one of them got an in grown toe nail and so
they had to opt out. It's all good though, it was fun because my
companion calls them whenever and talks with them and asks them how
their area is doing. It's funny they said they have an 8th commandment
to listen to whatever Elder Baldwin says. Haha
The week was good though. My companion is good. He is a riot, we were
at a dinner appointment and one of the members had a device that they
use in physical therapy to workout your muscles and he tried it out
and it was pretty funny. We are always around the L's they are a
huge family. It's funny we are starting to call Sister L mom
now. Well I hope you all are having a great week, I will make sure to
send pictures this time. Love you all and have a great week.
Love,
Elder Jacklin
Some pictures from our hike to the Hollywood sign.



 |
| Me and my companion. |
 |
A dog me and my companion found it was pretty chill.
|
 |
A complex we knocked I thought it looked like a prison
or something out of a horror movie.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment