Monday, June 20, 2016

Love from Inglewood the Burninator!!!‏

Hello Family,
Your probably wondering why I subjected my email that, but it's
because literally this week is burning hot. We had half the week in
the triple digits and today it is going to be 111 degrees Fahrenheit!!
Aaaaahh!! I'm going to melt today!! We decided to spend P-Day inside a
Church building today so we don't burn ourselves to death.
It's fun though we are having a lot of success finding people, but
meeting back up with them is a challenge. It's pretty sad we have so
much expectations, but it all face plants, but it's all good people
have their agency. It's funny though it got to the point where our
zone leaders found someone and set a baptismal date with them for us,
haha I thought it was funny because I feel like they feel bad for us
so they are trying to help us, or have more numbers for the zone. :P
It was fun though we went on exchanges with the zone leaders and man
they have investigators that they can just visit them day after day.
That's what we need is people who can meet the next day and the next
day.
Well I thought I would give a run down of the week.
Monday
We ended up just hanging out by ourselves and chilling in our
apartment. It was good though I feel like we needed it. It's rough
when your limited only three companion ships to hangout with on P-Day
because companion ships all have plans and there is always one odd
ball out and it was us today. It was nice though we did laundry at the
L's again and emailed you all from there (as I am right now).
After that we went and had dinner and we had to get haircuts so we
went to a members house to get a hair cut since zone conference is
this week on Friday. After that we went to bed and I wore my retainer.
Tuesday
Today was a weird day and it is pretty crazy. Today my companion had
to go to a special doctors appointment and so we both had to go there,
but the doctors appointment was in Santa Ana at the Anaheim Mission
Office. So here's the thing is that we had to leave mission boundaries
to go there. We both were super weirded out by that and so sure enough
the mission provided a ride for us to go there and come back and it
was super weird. We went across and were able to see downtown Long
Beach, we could see the port of Los Angeles from there as well. We
were getting closer to Santa Ana when we saw Disney Land in the
distance, the Ferris wheel and California Screaming. It was super
weird, but interesting at the same time. We then got to the Anaheim
mission office and we saw some missionaries from that mission and the
feel was so much different. They were just all talking to each other
Sisters and Elders and I almost chastised the Elders for being
disobedient because they were talking to Sisters!! We then waited for
the appointment and an Elder from the Long Beach mission was there
with his companion and they haven't even gotten iPads yet, my
companion was being dumb and showing his off to the poor missionary.
It was really weird though, when you go to another mission you notice
the differences, also it seemed like the bond between Elders was not
the same then in our mission it seemed like there wasn't much of a
bond probably because the Elders talk to sisters as well. I don't know
I am still freaking out about the whole situation, needless to say I
was super relieved when we entered back into mission boundaries and we
got to the apartment. It was like there's no place like home
experience. After that we had ward visits which turned out good on our
side of the ward boundaries, but a bit rough on the other Elders side.
So they have been teaching Y and it seems like our Ward Mission
Leader through down on her about being with M and not living the
Law of Chastity before they get married, now on her case she is
injured because of a medical problem so M has to go to bed right
by her, but that's so he can pick her up in the morning out of bed,
but our ward mission leader kind of wasn't with them getting married
in the first place and so she has fallen off and doesn't want to meet
with the missionaries anymore because of that. It's rough, but this
week we are having dinner over there and we are going to talk with
them then. It doesn't seem like something she would do honestly, but
hopefully her heart can be softened toward the situation. After that
though we went home and I wore my retainer to bed.
Wednesday
Today was a pretty normal day, we were able to meet the baptismal date
the zone leaders set and he is really cool. He has a hard time
believing that God exists so we are working to help him receive that
answer as well as if the Book of Mormon is true. He is 18 and is
really cool. Other than that our day was full of running around to
appointments that didn't happen. After the day we went home and went
to bed and I wore my retainer that night.
Thursday
Today we were just getting ready for zone conference the next day and
we had appointments, but they all fell through. We were going to have
ward correlation with our ward mission leader, but they had to go to
the hospital, nothing was wrong with them, but they were visiting
someone. It's rough though because we haven't had a ward correlation
in a while so it's kind of hard to keep up the ward mission leader
with our investigators. We had a great dinner at a members home, she
felt really bad because her arms have been hurting and she couldn't
cook for us, she's Sister J and she is really cool. It was
funny though because I drank water down the wrong tube and started
coughing and she thought I didn't like the food she got us from Panda
Express and she felt even more bad. She said, "Oh Elder I'm so sorry
you don't like the food, I feel so bad!" I was like no don't worry I
just drank down the wrong tube, it was funny she said, "Don't lie to
me Elder, your not allowed to lie," haha!
After that we went home and I wore my retainer that night.
Friday
Today was Zone Conference and it was President Weidman's last zone
conference. It was really cool, he introduced us to President and
Sister Haynie sharing a bit about them and what they are like. It was
really cool, our Mission President is awesome, he may have a lot of
rules, but he is a very nice and loving person. He helps us a lot, it
is really weird that he is leaving, I'll know when I have been a whole
year on the mission when I don't see his face anymore. We did learn
about being a consecrated missionary. It was pretty cool, the only
thing about Zone Conferences is afterwards because you are worn out
afterwards, I honestly wanted to just crash and fall asleep. We had
exchanges today with the zone leaders as well. I went with Elder
Wheelwright who has been a zone leader for a long time and also been
in Inglewood for I don't know like 6 transfers now so about 9 months
now. It was fun he spoke Spanish to his investigators while I just sat
there. Haha I really am not good at Spanish because I fell off of
studying more of it. It was good though they have a ton of
investigators like I think I said. We then left and went to bed that
night and I wore my retainer.
Saturday
Today was a pretty good day, we finally had an appointment that didn't
fall through, but it was awkward because she had a ton of family over
and they were all over the place and we couldn't ask them to sit in
because they all spoke Spanish, but it was good. It was rough because
the Spirit was definitely not there, but we are going to see if we can
work on catching her when there isn't a lot of people running back and
forth.
We had a lot of other appointments that didn't happen, haha that was
the most appointments I have had that haven't happened on my mission.
It was good though, also this morning when I was still with Elder
Wheelwright we ran and I am out of shape, but it felt nice going
running again. The bike is at least keeping me in somewhat of shape.
Other than that the day was good we talked to some people and no one
was interested, but that's alright maybe next time. We ended out the
day and I wore my retainer that night.
Sunday
Today was good, M showed up to Church even though she has crazy
hours now, she is having a hard time though right now, but she knows
the Church is true, she just needs motivation to go in alone, but we
will see. After that we went contacting and had a few appointments
that fell through as well, aaaaah! It was fine though we went to the
C's for dinner and they are so awesome. Brother C had
his phone with the NBA Finals on it and was freaking out about the
scores and sister C would be like, "Shhh! Not with the Elders
here!" It was pretty funny. We had a barbecue in their yard for
Father's Day which was fun. After that we ended the night and guess
what I wore my retainer.
As you can tell I have been wearing my retainer ever since I called
home. It was good though because I almost forgot again that night, but
I read your email and I remembered so I almost didn't last night.
Inspiration!!!!
That was our week, it did stink having so many appointments fall
through I think we had 20 some odd appointments that didn't happen. We
are doing great though. I am surprised you all are getting a trailer,
of course while I'm gone, haha just kidding. I think it looks super
nice inside and by the time I get to see the inside it won't be
anymore, just kidding mom will probably do well in keeping it clean,
haha.
Well I think I have some pictures to send of not I will take some
today while we are playing basketball or something and I will send
them later. Just pray that I don't forget. Haha I always forget.
Well I hope you all have a great week. I loved the email and the
pictures at Cascade Springs, that is crazy that Jen has not been there
before. All is well here and I am doing well, I have no desires to
come home, haha especially after leaving the mission boundaries for my
companions doctor appointment, that was the best feeling ever coming
back. I am grateful for the strength the Savior gives us, it's
honestly the thing I need when we are having a hard week, it becomes a
great week because of Him.
Well I am glad you all are doing fine and have a great week. I love you all.
 
 
Love,
Palm treeElder Jacklin
 
P.S: I have been thinking about getting a speaker for showing videos
to people because it can be pretty loud sometimes, but I was wondering
if my speaker back home is still there or if it is broken, but I don't
know I might just buy one so you don't have to worry about sending me
mine back home out here. Other than that I am fine I don't need
anything too drastic.
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment