Monday, June 27, 2016

Love From L.A.

Hello Family,
Couldn't think of a subject so I went with the default.
This week was pretty good. We didn't have a lot of appointments, but
we met a new guy. It was really cool how we found him. So we were at
the L's the day before having a FHE and we talked about how
specific prayer helps us. They talked about how their son in Mexico
had a great experience. So they had a specific prayer about someone
they would find and they prayed that they would find S (they
literally said these things in their prayer), he will have Black hair
with a long black beard, he will be wearing a Black coat and a striped
shirt with blue strips. They then went out that day and we're just
searching for this guy they made up and they found him! He was
interested in listening to them. Well my companion thought it would be
funny if we ran into a guy named L that had the same description,
but a shorter beard and we prayed for that and we went to a referral
and we found him and his name was L. We were like WAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!
He was interested too in listening and he wanted to have us help him
over come his drinking and smoking problem. So that will be cool.
This rest of the week was pretty normal, we have been searching and
searching for people. We have found people, but they all are bad at
keeping appointments. Argh! Haha
We have had a lot more success with the ward though. We had ward
council yesterday and the ward is way more willing to do missionary
work which is a lot greater than the first time I got here. We also
saw M I don't know if you remember M, but we visited her and
she is in the best mood which is great, last time we saw her she was
so down and now I think the spirit has worked with her. Hopefully she
will be willing to be baptized soon. I am grateful for the spirit
because without it this great work would never be accomplished.
We also stopped G's and he is the same as well. We talked to him
about life after death, he pretty much is a member, he just needs to
either leave his girlfriend or get married to her, but he has already
proposed to her three times, but she has said no each time. She is
just holding him back from being baptized. He is really cool though.

We are going to play soccer today! Yeah! I haven't played in a long
time ever since we would always play in the backyard of Grandpa and
Grandma's house. Hopefully I haven't lost my skills. I should
hopefully get some pictures. I do have some I can hopefully send of me
and a dog and when I went on exchanges with Elder Lupeni.
I hope this email is good, we didn't have much happen this week, for
the first time ever we didn't run into any crazy people , well
actually no I lied we were in a Taco Bell and a homeless drunk lady
was telling us about her life and how she wanted to stab some guy she
didn't like. Haha I wonder if I ever will have a week where I don't
run into crazy people.
Rejection of the week we knocked on some guys door and we said we are
missionaries and he told us he can't join our church because he can't
ride a bike. And he shut the door. Haha :)
Well I definitely am happy though even though not much is happening
right now when your on the Lords work you never get bored, unless you
really think hard about it being boring or you don't improve yourself.
I also can't believe our new mission president comes on Wednesday!!
Aaaaaaah! It's super crazy!
Well I love you all and I love the stories and I am proud of my
family, I couldn't have picked a better family when I was in the
pre-mortal existence. I will make sure to have a more exciting letter
next week for you to read, maybe I need to just...
I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING!
We had a referral in this super ghetto motel. It was pretty crazy the
guy was cool though and had a rough past, but the place he was staying
at was pretty bad. He told us there are a lot of, in the scriptures,
"Harlots" in the motel and me and my companion were like aaaaaah! He
told us it would be best to visit somewhere else and he would listen
to a Mormon station on the radio, we agreed! It's crazy I could feel
the darkness in that place though, me and my companion agreed to never
go close to there at night and even at all. Haha I just remembered
that one.
Well I love you and on a happy note I know that our Heavenly Father
loves all of his children, even though I see a lot of crazy and mean
people I feel the love God still has for them. I know that and I am
sticking with that. I hope you all have a great week!
 
Love,
Palm treeElder Jacklin
 
P.S: You can just send me the letter his name is Brother B. I
will give it to the missionaries in the ward he is in. He will like
that.
 
Elder Lupeni and I on exchanges.




My dog exchange picture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment