Hello Family, This week has been great. We haven't had many lessons going on this week, but we have definitely had a lot of experiences. That's why it would probably be boring for me to just go through the week day by day so I decided to just share the highlights of this week as well. Highlight #1 So last Monday we played Paddle ball which is pretty much tennis, but you use these ping pong like tennis rackets and it's like human ping pong (I just realized so is tennis...duh me so dumb)! I had to get used to it though because I have never played it before. It was fun though and we saw all these kids with their faces smashed into their phones because they were on Pokemon Go! I think it's cool, but frankly none of the kids on it know what Pokemon is and also they are dumb enough to run into stuff. We saw this girl run straight into a tree and we also heard some kid was trying to find Pokemon and wasn't watching where he was going and he ended up walking into the projects of Watts and got jumped and robbed. :( So I don't like it at all. Paddle ball was fun though and I was able to get used to it. Highlight #2 We were out contacting and it was a really good day and we had a funny contact also we knocked on this door and this guy answers the door and he is holding an X-box controller and we talked to him to see if we could stop by sometime and share a message with him. He told us that he doesn't ever have time and that he was getting ready for work at that time. Haha Again he was holding an Xbox controller in his hand. -_- hmmmmm.... My companion said, "Hey I can't blame him, I was hooked on Xbox too." Haha it was pretty funny. We were convinced at that point that he wasn't interested. Highlight #3 We were out contacting and we decided to visit an investigator we picked up, but when we stopped by the first time the daughter kicked us out! :( So Elder Baldwin was thinking of apologizing to her and seeing if that will at least leave a seed so we agreed and we went by and knocked on the door. This younger girl answered the door and we asked if A is the investigators name is home and that we wanted to apologize to his daughter. Well the little girl is A's niece and it seems like she already knew of the situation and she told us, "You don't have to apologize we need to apologize, you can teach A whatever you want if he wants you to." Hallelujah! It was pretty cool and we have an appointment with him on Wednesday this week which we will see what happens. Highlight #4 I saw a Lamborghini on Thursday which was really cool! Haha Highlight #5 We were able to find two new investigators this week. We were walking one day and this guy called out to us and said, "Am I on the Skip List!" we were kind of confused and he said, "No I'm joking," and he said, "I met with missionaries in the past and they would come and then disappear and then come and then disappear," and he said the joke because it seemed like they would come and then realize he is on the skip list and move on. We told him that we won't skip him since we don't ever have a lot of appointments anyways! He has a knowledge of God he has read the Bible, but he isn't all about religion because he feels like he is limiting himself if he is a part of a religion. We told him that God can help him know the true religion of Christ and that if that was true then that would have all the knowledge of the Earth in it. There is only one! He was willing to listen and we will see if he is interested in changing. Also we met his Brother, M. He is really a great guy as well and has the same stand point, but the only difference is he has a hard time with Jesus, but it's interesting because he won't say that he doesn't believe in Jesus Christ. Which I thought was interesting, I feel like the Spirit is restraining him from saying it. We told him how the Spirit brings forth truth in our lives and that if you search and pray you receive your answers. He was willing to try so we will see what happens with them both. Pause------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I thought I would also tell you about the two big mysteries me and Elder Baldwin have decided about our areas. Mystery #1 "The Cheesecake Truck and the Fruit Stand Man" So there is this cheesecake truck in our area and we have seen it in 15 different places in our area and the thing doesn't even look like it could be mobile. We even checked every inch of it just to make sure there's not 15 of the same cheesecake trucks around and we always check and it's the same cheesecake truck. I think I am going to send you a picture of it, but there is never anything in it as well so it just creeps me and my companion to death. It's pretty funny. Also there is this fruit stand guy that is always in random places as well on the same day. We see him on 104th street and then we walk all the way to Crenshaw and the same guy is there! O.O it's pretty funny we laughed a lot thinking about it. Mystery #2 "Century" So there is a Main Street in our area called Century and it's crazy because every time we go on that street something bad always happens, not like dangerous bad, but we always run into the most interesting people. We ran into a lady that sounded like Golem from Lord of the Rings and we met this guy that just taught us about stuff. So Century for some reason has all these weird things happen so we are going to try and avoid that street from now on. Haha Well it was great hearing from you all, the work here is still slow, but one of our promising investigators just got back from a trip and we are going to try and start teaching her again. I also got your email and totally forgot Cade is home, aah! I am the only survivor! Also that burn looks pretty bad, it reminded me though when Kaden Springer got his arm hair burned off which was pretty funny but it looked like it hurt a lot. Well I am excited for this next transfer and I know the Lord will help us. Right now things hopefully will start picking up. We know the area now so it is just finding those who are prepared. I also have some pictures to send, I will send them in a separate email. Well I love you all and pray for you, hopefully this email is good enough, I had to go down to the highlights this week, because not a lot happened that happened everyday, but a good amount happened. I love you all and have a great week. Love,Elder Jacklin P.S: I've been wondering if you have sent any of my emails to Sam and Connor, I was wondering because Sam told me this one time that he hadn't been receiving any email from me, but he might of just meant me as well, I don't know? I was also wondering if you were sending that thank you card for me to give to Brother B just in case it might of gotten lost through the sending process? Love you!
Monday, July 18, 2016
Highlights in L.A/ Love from L.A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Elder Jacklin
P.S: I've been wondering if you have sent any of my emails to Sam and
Connor, I was wondering because Sam told me this one time that he
hadn't been receiving any email from me, but he might of just meant me
as well, I don't know?
I was also wondering if you were sending that thank you card for me to
give to Brother B just in case it might of gotten lost through
the sending process?
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment