Monday, July 11, 2016

Love From L.A.

Hi Family,
So this week was pretty awesome! We had a great time at the Tongan
barbecue! It was fun we played with the less active members in
basketball and (touch) Rugby and volleyball. It was fun, we didn't
have fire dancers though. :( It was really fun they had this huge line
of grills lined up and these long sticks with 5 chickens (full
CHICKENS) on each stick and there were 5 sticks in a row!! It was
pretty crazy! The Tongans go all out when it comes to food same with
any Polynesians! It was fun playing sports too because Elder Lupeni
and all the Tongan members would just speak Tongan the whole time and
so me, my companion and Elder Lupeni's companion Elder Pierce just
didn't know what was going on. It was pretty funny.
That night though was insane! There were hundreds of fireworks going
off, (illegal) fireworks as well. O.o I have a video of them going
off, but we were watching and it's crazy too because we are in
Inglewood which is right next to the AIRPORT! AND WE ARE RIGHT IN THE
PATH OF AIRPLANES!! I felt bad for any pilot coming into L.A that day
because it was probably like a war zone! We had to be in by 6:00 p.m
too so we had a full no work day which was pretty weird.
Tuesday
Tuesday was a cool day. We went to the temple for a session. We had a
temple day today which was fun, I love the temple days it's so nice
and refreshing and this one came a lot sooner probably because the
temple is going to close for a bit until the start of September pretty
much. After that we went and ate at an awesome Hispanic restaurant
called "Poquito Más" it was really enjoyable. Then our day of
searching for the prepared started. This transfer we found a lot of
people, but we would either find someone and they can't keep
appointments to save their life, or they are just interested in
learning, not really trying to be converted so they don't pray about
it, or come to Church. So we have been just searching and searching.
It was pretty cool.
Wednesday
We had the same sort of day, but we had ward splits that night and we
went with Brother M to visit some new members in the ward, or
their records came in. We went to visit this one dude and he was
apparently never baptized at least what he said and his parents are,
but he isn't and he was pretty snooty about it, but it was strange
that he had records, but he could have been lying as well. My
companion gets worked up too when people have an attitude so it's
pretty funny when we run into people like that because he will just go
off after we are away from them, I have to tell him to calm down
sometimes. We did visit a member family the mom was baptized, but her
records were lost and Brother M is trying to find them so we
went there and he talked to her in Spanish since she only speaks
Spanish. Her children are all converts though which is cool. After
that we were done for the night. It was a good day.
Thursday
Today was pretty cool. It was funny we had Zone Training Meeting today
and this random member from way off east came in and started talking
to us, it was funny because the APs were there and they try to keep
things going, but this member was just talking and talking, me and my
companion were laughing because he just walked in and took 20 minutes
of our ZTM, but he was a cool guy. It was fun too because my companion
knows the APs really well and he gave a suggestion for our zone goal
for baptisms and Elder Kawamitsu who is one of the APs just said,
"That's weak!" and my companion was so funny with his reaction. After
ZTM we went and worked some more finding, we found this lady named
B she is a former, but it was because she got so busy with work.
She seems really cool and she has a pet tortoise! Turtle :D
Friday
Today we had weekly Planning. We also went out and tried some
appointments we had, but people are very bad at keeping appointments
here, but it's all good because it gave us more time to walk around
and meet interesting people, like a man dancing in the middle of the
street. :D We finally caught again one of these kids who has big
potential his name's E and he is 15, but he actually can keep
appointments because he is on summer break right now. That was pretty
much our day.
Saturday
Saturday we helped a lady move her stuff into a moving van because her
and her family are moving. It was cool we got free weights and free
food from her freezer and stuff which was nice. After that we went
because it was Elder Lupeni's birthday we went to O and R's
place, which is the family I talked about we went for visits to. It
was nice we had Lunch there and we ate fish, full fish. Elder Lupeni
showed us how we can eat the fish brain, so I tried it so I have eaten
fish brain now! It was weird. We then had cake and took pictures which
I don't have right now, but when I get them I can send them. After
that me and Elder Baldwin had appointments so we ran out of there and
visited this one kid, but he had to cancel, then we went to J's
and he is having a hard time with Joseph Smith and when we visited it
seemed like nothing changed and he said he is only praying for his
family, not if the Church is true or not which at that point we
decided to turn him over to the Lord so we are not visiting with him
to teach, but we definitely are going to be friends with him still. It
stinks doing that, but sometimes you have too. After that we went
around finding like always and that was that day.
Sunday
Sunday was great we had a nice sacrament meeting. It was cool they
were actually talking about how trek is this week and I was thinking
about how you guys went on trek. Our ward mission leader though is now
the Elders Quorum President so he soon will be released from Ward
Mission Leader and we will be getting a new one soon here. After
Church we went to M's house for a lesson he is still trying to find
out the reason for a restoration, but we showed him some things and
told him to pray about the Book of Mormon. After that we met with
G and talked more with him and his little group at his house, he
is always doing fine and all we are trying to do right now is fortify
him and see if he can attend church regularly. After that we had
dinner at the C's which is always the best and we ended out our
night.
That was our week in a nutshell, by the way we had transfer calls and
me and Elder Baldwin are staying together here in Inglewood. It will
be fun and hopefully we will see the fruits of our labors here. I hope
I answered all of the questions. I will try sending some pictures and
that video, it was crazy. Well I love you all and I hope this was a
good enough letter as well. I loved the pictures too that looked
like fun, I laughed when I saw the three stack in the back seat
sleeping. I do feel that feeling of missing out, but it's not
affecting me. Have a great week, I love you!
Love,
Palm treeElder Jacklin
 
Poquito Mas

*Cough* *Cough* Yeah...Sorry, I thought it was funny:)

Temple Trip...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment