Hey Family, It's been a great week this week. Los Angeles has been lighting up with fireworks this whole week. We had a 4th of July week! Last night seemed like it was already 4th of July in Utah standards, but tonight will be California standard which is going to be insane! Happy 4th of July!We had a great time playing soccer, it was the last P-day with President Weidman and we had some Hispanic guys ask us if they could play, but we had to turn them down because of mission rules, but it's all good the blessings come from it. Soccer itself was fun we helped start a huge soccer game on the other court next to us because we had a court to ourselves, but everyone else wanted to play, but we had to move them to the next and there was a huge soccer game and they had probably just as fun playing with them. If it was with us we would have gotten smoked! We had a great week. We had a lot more lessons. We have an investigator though who is having a hard time with Joseph Smith. It's interesting because he feels like the Church is true as it is now, but in the past it wasn't and Joseph Smith was an evil in the past and was removed which is an interesting accusation. We just told him to look over somethings and to read the Book of Mormon and Pray and he is willing to do those things, if nothing changes though we might turn him to the Lord and focus on other people. We also were able to visit with some new people and we had a less-active member stop us on the street and she wants to come back to Church. I thought that was really cool. We met this new guy M and he works for the L.A Times and he is really cool as well. He doesn't feel like there was a need for a Restoration of the The Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is interested in hearing our beliefs and he was interested in the process it takes to know if something is true. He loves to talk too, which explains the L.A Times. We also were at G's yesterday and he showed us how to make firework bombs with water bottles and a firework fountain. It was pretty cool. He is doing fine as well, but we are going to see if we can work with him to take action on becoming a member, because like I said he already acts like a member, he doesn't drink coffee, tea, beer, and other things. He is really cool. Hopefully we can work with him. We also had exchanges again this week. I went to my old area again with Elder Pierce this time. He is fun he is from Kentucky and he says, " it's all good." All the time. We were able to visit a baptismal date me and Elder Pearson set and he is doing well, he just isn't financially stable right now so he is really working hard to get stable. We also visited some old investigators me and Elder Pearson worked with. We saw A if you remember he is the same just coming to Church and hoping his mom will allow him to be baptized. It's funny I love going to other missionaries areas because they have cars, I have been on bike almost my whole mission. We met the new Mission President. He is really cool. We were actually walking in for the meeting and they were walking out and he said, "Nice to see you, bye!" Then his wife Sister Haynie was like, " No we don't know these missionaries!" It was funny President Haynie and Sister Haynie love to talk and get to know the missionaries. President actually said if there is a baptism you need us to come to, an important lesson, or a meeting then just call me and Sister Haynie and we will be there. It was really cool, they love missionary work. I was actually a bit worried about a new mission president because I got really close with President Weidman, but it was cool listening to them because I knew that they were called here for a reason and I was less worried after that. It was funny President Haynie at least when we first met him is more laid back than President Weidman, it was pretty funny seeing the transition. It was cool too because I had a question with one of our investigators and I asked President Haynie if we could call him and he said yes and we talked to him about it and he helped a lot. Well today we are going to a Tongan 4th of July party. I have some pictures as well from this week. I love you all and thank you for the support as well. I love you all. Have a great week. Love,
Elder Jacklin
| Me and Elder Baldwin at the Forum. |
| Exchanges with Elder Pierce. |
| A lot of trash under one of the freeways, eeeww! |
| Exchanges personal study. Elder Pierce was too comfortable:) |

We had a great time playing soccer, it was the last P-day with
President Weidman and we had some Hispanic guys ask us if they could
play, but we had to turn them down because of mission rules, but it's
all good the blessings come from it. Soccer itself was fun we helped
start a huge soccer game on the other court next to us because we had
a court to ourselves, but everyone else wanted to play, but we had to
move them to the next and there was a huge soccer game and they had
probably just as fun playing with them. If it was with us we would
have gotten smoked!
We had a great week. We had a lot more lessons. We have an
investigator though who is having a hard time with Joseph Smith. It's
interesting because he feels like the Church is true as it is now, but
in the past it wasn't and Joseph Smith was an evil in the past and was
removed which is an interesting accusation. We just told him to look
over somethings and to read the Book of Mormon and Pray and he is
willing to do those things, if nothing changes though we might turn
him to the Lord and focus on other people.
We also were able to visit with some new people and we had a
less-active member stop us on the street and she wants to come back to
Church. I thought that was really cool.
We met this new guy M and he works for the L.A Times and he is
really cool as well. He doesn't feel like there was a need for a
Restoration of the The Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is interested in
hearing our beliefs and he was interested in the process it takes to
know if something is true. He loves to talk too, which explains the
L.A Times.
We also were at G's yesterday and he showed us how to make
firework bombs with water bottles and a firework fountain. It was
pretty cool. He is doing fine as well, but we are going to see if we
can work with him to take action on becoming a member, because like I
said he already acts like a member, he doesn't drink coffee, tea,
beer, and other things. He is really cool. Hopefully we can work with
him.
We also had exchanges again this week. I went to my old area again
with Elder Pierce this time. He is fun he is from Kentucky and he
says, " it's all good." All the time. We were able to visit a
baptismal date me and Elder Pearson set and he is doing well, he just
isn't financially stable right now so he is really working hard to get
stable. We also visited some old investigators me and Elder Pearson
worked with. We saw A if you remember he is the same just coming
to Church and hoping his mom will allow him to be baptized. It's funny
I love going to other missionaries areas because they have cars, I
have been on bike almost my whole mission.
We met the new Mission President. He is really cool. We were actually
walking in for the meeting and they were walking out and he said,
"Nice to see you, bye!" Then his wife Sister Haynie was like, " No we
don't know these missionaries!" It was funny President Haynie and
Sister Haynie love to talk and get to know the missionaries. President
actually said if there is a baptism you need us to come to, an
important lesson, or a meeting then just call me and Sister Haynie and
we will be there. It was really cool, they love missionary work. I was
actually a bit worried about a new mission president because I got
really close with President Weidman, but it was cool listening to them
because I knew that they were called here for a reason and I was less
worried after that. It was funny President Haynie at least when we
first met him is more laid back than President Weidman, it was pretty
funny seeing the transition. It was cool too because I had a question
with one of our investigators and I asked President Haynie if we could
call him and he said yes and we talked to him about it and he helped a
lot.
Well today we are going to a Tongan 4th of July party. I have some
pictures as well from this week. I love you all and thank you for the
support as well. I love you all. Have a great week.
Love,
Elder Jacklin
No comments:
Post a Comment