Monday, December 12, 2016

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas Kinda! πŸ˜’

Hello Family,
I totally forgot it was December, the problem with serving a mission
in California is everything looks the same whether it is winter or
not, the only difference is that it gets colder. So you kind of loose
track of what season it is. Haha So we had a pretty good week this
week! This morning actually we had a lesson with J one of our
investigators, he is doing pretty good, he has an interesting train of
thought we asked him to pray about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith
and at first he was like no I don't question God and we explained to
him no you can ask him questions so he said ok. So hopefully he prays
about it we are going to follow up with him on that.
So Monday last week was real fun... REAL FUN! We went to the Hollywood
sign with Elders Burns and Altamirano and so Elder Burns can get to
see it. We had a fun hike, when you hike up there is a trail that
overlooks another mission, but there is like a cliff there so we
always joke about how that is the boundary and the cliff is to keep us
from leaving. It was good though the air was a lot more clear from the
last time I went there. I took the personal camera this time though so
I could get some good pictures. So that was fun, the email was so late
because it took us a long time to get somewhere with wifi so I could
just send it off. Haha The traffic here is insane, I was wondering
what Freeway you all took that was really bad, I know the I 405 is
really bad. Well that was Monday though.
Tuesday
So Tuesday morning our mission President asked all the District
Leaders to visit the missionaries in their district before zone
conference so Elder Sambat and I visited them. It was good it wasn't
too crazy, but I got them all chocolate. Haha
We then spent a good chunk of the day contacting, we met a lot of
people that only spoke Spanish so that was fun.
It was a good we then visited a guy we had met once and tried to share
a message with him, but he just started talking about life and people
and how we shouldn't trust people and all that, he even said that
Family is your worst enemy and I was like WHAT!!! So we asked him if
he was interested in learning and he told us no so we just left at
that point... So yeah we didn't have much success, but it was still a
fun day.
Wednesday
We had a great day Wednesday. We met some cool people also ward splits
were awesome! The start of the day we met with J and he was doing
good we just read a scripture with him Alma 32 about the word being a
seed. So that was great! He has the tiniest English Bulldog and it is
so sick! The first time I met J it was chewing on my shoe! So that
was a good lesson. Another lesson we had was with EL. She is
the girl that finally got permission from her father to be baptized.
So we had a good Word of Wisdom lesson and she already follows the
word of Wisdom so that was easy! Also tomorrow we are going to the
Visitor Center with her and her family so that should be fun!
After all those lessons we had ward splits I went with Brother L
"The Legend" haha he is so cool and he has so many kids to take care
of it's insane! Also went with his son K and he is cool, he helped
us out with C! So we had a good lesson with a less-active
member and she had her brother come in and we all greeted him and to
be respectful I stood up to shake his hand and he freaked out. He
started talking to me if I played Basketball, but we had a good
conversation about running track, he was pretty good at track too in
his days! So that was cool, he lives in Lancaster outside of the
mission and has met missionaries before, but it was cool to have a
chill conversation with him. The lesson went great too! The Sister
B really liked the visit which is awesome!
That was Wednesday!
Thursday
Today was Zone Conference which I loved. It was mostly about eating
healthy so you don't get too big, so I was just sitting there
thinking, "I have no problem with this, my health problem is getting
bigger!" It was very spiritual too at the end. My favorite quote was
from Sister Mayorga she said Dessert has a "D" in it which also stands
for "Diablo" so we call Dessert Diablo now. Haha
After Zone Conference we didn't have much else happen except for
exchanges with Elders Olive and Jones. I went with Elder Jones and he
is barely new to the mission. So we had a good night we played
scrabble!
Friday
Friday was fun we had a few appointments, but only saw one of them. It
was J and we read the first chapter of the Book of Mormon with him
so that was cool!  We walked around a lot though and so not much
happened with that!
Elder Jones and I just talked about his experience so far, also just
about the L.A life.
Saturday
This morning we saw J again and he was doing pretty good. He had
some great insights and had great questions. We then saw R and he
talked forever. Elder Sambat got a little impatient so we ended up
ending the lesson without teaching anything and it was 9:30 already so
we had to run home.
Sunday
Sunday was really fun we spent a lot of time finding. Elder Sambat and
I talked to someone from the Philippinees and they talked in Tagalog and
I just watched. Haha Sacrament was good too and I am all over the
place with my writing today sorry. We had a good Sacrament meeting and
Classes there was a good turn out at class. After Church we contacted
and then we had dinner at the C's. So that was a good day!
Well that was my week! I promised pictures, but unfortunately we
didn't get any, but it's all good. We had some good lessons! Also if
you didn't read my short email I received the Christmas Package so we
are good! Well we are right now at a Church building playing
Basketball so that is fun! I will make sure this next week to write
everyday and prepare a large email, because I forgot everything this
week.
Well I love you all and I am doing great, can't wait for Christmas to
talk with you all. I am going to figure out the time since the times
are a little weird, but question about the time you sent me is that
Utah time or California time? Thanks Mom I love you all and have a
great week!

Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin

No comments:

Post a Comment