Hello Family,
Well it has been a great week, to be honest I was really scared to
call home this time because I was worried to see changed faces, but it
was good. I really enjoyed it, my favorite is being able to see that you
are all happy. Man I have to admit grandma Jolley seems like a mission
presidents wife when she was telling me about her stuff, I don't even
remember her taking a breath to stop, haha. It was fun though, all of
you seemed to have changed a lot, tell Grandma J and Grandpa J sorry I
just realized I grew up calling them by that and Grandma and Grandpa
Jolley thank you for being there and also for their gifts and everyone
else that sent gifts as well. Like I said on the skype call I will try
really hard this time to get a package to you all, today I am going to
see if I have time to buy the stuff and then I will see if I can send
the package next P-day.
So after the Skype was fun the K's all came down and we ate a
late dinner, it's funny because all the food was next to me when I
called and they told me, "Yeah if you get hungry then just grab whatever
you want right there." Haha Tongans. So that was fun, I'm going to miss
them though.
So our week was pretty good we met with some people, but we Caroled
a lot so that was fun! We had the El Segundo ward on Tuesday, our ward
Wednesday, and the two Tongan wards on Thursday. The El Segundo one was
probably the best one since the other two not too many members showed
up, but it was good. We had a lot of fun, many people were surprised. We
ended up with way too many cookies though, haha. So it was fun! I have
never been so sick from seeing sweets we got sooooo many because of
Elder Sambat's birthday we ended up with 4 cakes! Aaaaaah! I will eat
the stuff you gave me, but the cakes and stuff that we got, either will
be eaten or thrown out. Haha It is very appreciated though. Elder Sambat
also liked the stocking you gave him.
Back to Caroling. We then on Saturday and Sunday had Caroling with
the zone, but we missed Sunday because we were talking with you all! It
was fun though, we had fun on Saturday we went to El Segundo again, but
we went to a very populated place for Christmas and we sang hymns and it
was fun. We made it on a lot of snap chats and Instagrams and
Facebooks! π That's right! It was good, the Sisters in the zone were
champs because they handed out pass along cards as we sang and it worked
perfectly they got a ton of conversations out of that. It was good!
Also got to sing in a trio with just me, Elder Olive, and Elder Saena
which was scary for me. Haha
Our week of missionary work was fun too we had a great time
teaching. We devised this small quick message to share with people. It
was good it was about how the savior had no room for him at all in his
sojourn on Earth and so we shared Luke 2:7 and then we tell them about
how Christ had no room anywhere, as it says, "the birds have nests and
the foxes have holes, but the Son of Man hath no place to rest his
head." So we tell them that this Christmas to make room for the Savior
and then we ask them that we share a message about him and if they would
make room for that message! Boom then we would ay a prayer and BOOM! Lesson!!!!
Haha it was fun!
Christmas Day was great we went to the C's for dinner and
they did a bit of a white elephant gift exchange and they invited us to
join and so it was fun I got two kitchen cutting boards so mom if you
want them I can send them to you if you want them, and Elder Sambat got a
fancy chess and checkers board. It was fun we had tamales and we had a
gift wrap battle with the whole family haha it was really fun. Then we
headed to the K's and bam we talked to you all and bam we had a
good rest of the night with the K's and we were done for the
night! Actually we weren't we got transfer calls so finally here it is.
So as stated in the subject as a hint I am leaving and I am going
to the Torrance/Palos Verdes Zone and I will be in San Pedro and I was
called to be a zone leader in the Torrance/Palos Verdes Zone and my new
companion is Elder Reynolds from West Virginia who was in the MTC with
me! Haha I thought it was pretty funny. So that was the thing is I knew I
was going to be a zone leader when I called you all, but President
Haynie told me not to tell until after transfer calls. Got to keep it
sacred. So I am a little stressed. It should be fun though. I am going
to the "ghetto" of Palos Verdes so I am going to a rich area for the
first time. Haha Also when I said I asked for it, I was asking Heavenly
Father that I would have the strength to be more enthusiastic and to
speak more and all that and so it was funny when President Haynie called
me because after I got off the phone with him the first thought that
went through my head was, "Well you asked for it!" Haha So I thought it
was pretty funny, but I will be there. Again I loved the call and to
hear your beautiful voices.
I wish you all a late Merry Christmas, but I wish you a Happy New
Year which is not late! What! Already almost the end of the year! Well I
will make sure to keep you all in my prayers and thank you for the
pictures and I like the new tradition as well! Tell Jordon that I will
pray for him in his interviews and that the munchkin doesn't come when
he is away on those trips, Connor that he will have fun with his
national band stuff sorry I don't know what sounds good or not in band,
but I will pray that it will stay good! Also Carlee with her schooling
and that she won't have a boyfriend yet! Just kidding I will pray that
she will π!
Alright love you all and have a great week!
Love,
π΄Elder Jacklin
P.S: Wondering if you were sending the video or not if not it's alright I was just wondering if I should be waiting for it.
Photo Time!
| Caroling group at Candy Cane Lane. |
| Christmas Time! |
| We even put them under the tree:) |
| District Photo with Elder Olive a little too far back. Haha |
| This was in front of the L's home and I thought it was pretty funny! |
Love ya and Have a Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment