Monday, December 19, 2016

The Christmas is Near! ❄️☃️πŸŒ¨πŸŽ„πŸŒŸ

Hello Family,
Well I wanted to start off this email by letting you know when I call home. So since Elder Sambat's family is on a complete different time zone we need to call late, so we are going to call around 7:00 p.m California time which is 8:00 p.m Utah time. I would call earlier, but since his family is on such a crazy time zone it would be best if we both called at 7:00 so 8:00 p.m around there is the time I will call! Note it, write it. I am also going to send a short seperate email asking if that works out if not, then Elder Sambat and I will figure out if I can call earlier and he can call later in the day.
Our week was awesome though, it started off kind of meh, but soon got a lot better! E's baptism, the ward Christmas party, and our missions Christmas devotional. It was so cool!
We are having our last week of this transfer so Christmas Night we find out if we are getting transferred or not! It's pretty insane. I can't believe how fast the transfer went by, but it's good. I really am freaking out about how the start of the mission it seemed like time was counting up, but now I feel like I am on a timer for a bomb or something. It's crazy. Elder Sambat only has three months left on his mission, so pretty much two more transfers after this one. 😬 Pretty crazy.
Inglewood is great though we have been having a lot of good things happen here, I was surprised when I first got called here I was like, "Great the other missionaries had no success over here," but then we have been here and man I feel like we find all the coolest of people, the only struggle in this area is for those cool people to actually progress towards baptism. All of them have one problem or another it's pretty insane.
So Monday was fun we hung around Elder Olive and our zone leaders which was cool! We played basketball, soccer, Frisbee, and board games all in one. It was fun! Nothing crazy to report, I still can't dunk a basketball... :( sad day. We then rushed to have dinner and then we went to the K's to teach E some more before her baptism. They are all doing so great!
I actually was thinking of not doing the little Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday thing because I feel like I just fill in a lot of space with pretty lame stuff so I will just talk about the cool things that happened this week.
We had three big things this week the Christmas Devotional, Ward Christmas as party, and E's baptism (also a bonus on E's baptism day)!
So the Christmas Devotional was fun, we had a lot of cool musicals, I was wishing I could try being a part of the musical, but my stage fright is terrible I don't think I could do it, unless someone forced me to. The other stuff was fun though. We had lunch, took pictures with President and Sister Haynie, I saw missionary companions from the past, we got a Christmas gift from the Haynie's which was awesome it was a little temple recommend holder with the temple on it and also they gave us little treats, man must have a lot of cash to throw around because they bought us truffles and stuff, I was like yooooo! The Haynie's are loaded! Haha
We watched this BYU TV movie which I was like, "what we are watching a movie on the mission!" Haha President Weidman would have probably stormed the chapel and used the priesthood to destroy the projector. Haha The movie was called, "Silent Night" which it was the story of how the song Silent Night came to be, it was pretty funny man that movie was probably if I wasn't on the mission the most boring movie, but being in a room full of young adult missionaries made it the best movie ever haha! There was a scene when the main character and this lady accidentally hold hands and the whole room started busting up with Elders saying, "Lock your heart!" and many other things, haha. I thought it was pretty funny. It's funny though I don't know if I said this already, but the missionaries I have trained except for Elder Burns because he is still new have become Zone Leaders haha. I was at the Devotional and I saw Elder Wiedrich and he is the zone leader of the international zone which is all the strange foreign speakers. Then I remembered that Elder Lemus is a zone leader is Santa Monica and so I thought it was pretty funny, I told Elder Burns that he is just destined to be a zone leader.
So that was the Christmas Devotional and that was on the same day as the Ward Christmas Party which I will talk about. So the ward Christmas party was awesome because of many things, the K's showed up with T who is E's step dad who is not a member! Woo! We also had M show up, one of the days we took N a youth out with us and we went to her house to invite her, we haven't seen her in a long time, but we tried finding ways to get over her fence, I will send one of the attempts to you. N finally just climbed the gate and she wasn't there :( so we left a note with the invitation to the party and she showed up!!!! It was awesome! The night was fun too we helped with the party by being the dessert guards, haha which we are the dessert, haha jk. It was fun though. So that was a good day.
Then we had E's baptism! That was a fun time! She was so excited and it was really stressful for us because the ward had no jumpsuits that fit her so we ran to the other Elders apartment to grab a jumpsuit that would fit her and we found one! It was awesome! We had a great baptism service. She said it was the best day for her, and also Elder Sambat because it was his BIRTHDAY!! So we went to Bishops and they had a special dinner planned out for him. Then as we were coming back, I planned a surprise cake with the other Elders in the district and it was super cool! Elder Sambat had a great time!
That was our week! I can't wait to talk with you all!
So again so you remember we are calling at 7:00 p.m California Time so that means 8:00 p.m Utah Time! I repeat 7:00 p.m CALIFORNIA TIME and that is 8:00 P.M UTAH TIME!!!!!!!
I am excited to talk to you all this Sunday! Woooooo!
Love you!

Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin
Happy Birthday Elder Sambat

No comments:

Post a Comment