We had a really awesome week with General Conference and all the other miracles that we saw!
Elder Dayley and I had a lot of good experiences in our area this
week as well and I am really excited to see what will happen this week
because of those experiences. Actually
tomorrow we have like close to 10 appointments that we need to go to so
we are trying to put together a member split so we can hit all of the
appointments. So really excited for that!
So our week was really good we had a good start playing basketball
and stuff with Elder Rawlings, Halverson, Olive, and Dorman which was
good we were going to go on a hike, but had to cancel it.
We then had our family home evening which was good C came and
is doing really well he actually now has a job which is a big thing for
him. He came and was actually asking about the Priesthood and we talked
to him about it. He wants us to get him a paper that has all the
different "positions" in the priesthood so he can understand. Haha He is
so awesome still going strong!
That was our Monday though! Tuesday was really cool I was actually
up at the mission office most of the day because we had MLC so for my
birthday I spent it planning with the mission president and the other
leaders what our goals as a mission should be and what not so that was
fun... Haha I did get to receive both packages from the Grandparents and
yours as well so that was cool, we walked in and Sister Bangerter is
the senior missionary that runs the desk at the mission office and mail
and all that and she loves when she sends mail out in a bag when the
Zone Leaders bring them back so we did and asked her for exchange I
could go get the packages early and she said "Yes!" So I got the
packages on time! :)
So after that we drove all the way back, had dinner with some of
the members and then walked around for a few minutes and then we were
done for the day!
Wednesday was pretty good we had interviews for the whole zone with
President Haynie which is always fun for us because we are there the
whole time guiding traffic for the missionaries. It was funny since they
interview us every transfer this time it was just going to be short
interviews and Sister Haynie originally wasn't going to be there, but
then she did come, but she only interviewed Sisters.... I guess we are
not good enough.... :(
So that was good after that we went and worked a little bit in
Harbor City for an hour then went to dinner and then we went and dropped
off a bed frame to the Sisters because they are in a trio and one of
them didn't tell us that they were sleeping on the floor with a
mattress... O.o goodness gracious, President was not happy when he heard
that.. and we had no idea!\
Also that night we met with C and talked about The Restoration
of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with him again and he forgot a few points
of it, but he has a testimony of it which is awesome! He knows that the
Church is true he was actually still looking for jobs and he would get
offers to be a long distance truck driver, but he noticed he would miss a
lot of church so he decided against it! WAT!!!
So that was our Wednesday and Thursday we planned really quick for
Weekly Planning and then we headed to go work! We met with a family that
we hadn't seen in a while, the C's we met with the mom and the
daughter, the father was there, but he never gets into the lessons...
unfortunately, but the Lord will change that at some day and time! We
talked to them a little about the plan of salvation and would add in a
few points of the gospel of Jesus Christ and invited them to be baptized
and so we are going, back tomorrow to see them and see how the reading
and praying went and invite them to a certain date for baptism.
That was the only large thing that happened on Thursday as well
because planning took a little bit of time because we were planning for
ZTM, but it was good we were glad we had the miracle of meeting with the
C's again!
Friday was ZTM and it was really cool! We gave a training on how to
use the Book of Mormon more and to have a testimony that as it says in
the introduction "...Those who pursue this course (ponder, and ask) and
ask in faith WILL gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost." I like how it says WILL gain
a testimony if they do those things. We invited the missionaries to
think over their own testimony and to see if they truly know that this
will happen. I know in the course of my mission I always had in my mind
well if they read the Book of Mormon and pray about it then they might
receive an answer, which is not the case they WILL receive an
answer if they do what Moroni said to ask in faith, with a sincere heart
and with real intent. If they say they didn't receive an answer it's
either the Lord has not willed it yet to be, or they are lacking in
something. I realized that and now I am committed to have that testimony
now! It's been a great experience I have noticed more the power that
comes from the Book of Mormon!
That was a good meeting we had some good miracles too from that our
phone exploded with miracle texts which was awesome to see all the
missionaries having these experiences.
So after that we had some miracle experiences! We were out in a
very affluent area (our mission president doesn't like it when we say
rich) and we were walking around and getting denied a lot, but we saw
this one lady outside of her porch and she was just smoking and she was
in front of the house of a less- active member that we were trying to
visit so we talked to her and she said she got a Book of Mormon before
that she lost it, but she got it from her neighbor so we testified of
the Book of Mormon to her and this guy walks out of the house behind
her, HUGE! LIKE VERY MUSCULAR DUDE!! AND I WAS LIKE WOOOO! WE ARE DEAD
MEAT!!! He just stood there though and listened and so we asked if we
could come back and the lady said, "Yes of course!" and the guy didn't
say anything so I complimented him on his beard, because he had a pretty
nice looking beard and he was like "Oh thank you so much!" and started
talking about how to grow a good beard and so I got the news now and am
going to grow a beard some day!! :) Just not a BYU... :( Haha So that
was a cool experience we are meeting them both the ladies name is
T and the guys name is A so should be cool!
After that we tried some more people, but because of the lack of
the sunlight and the day was getting late, people get more and more mad
if you are at their door step, so not much else happened after that
experience, we knocked on this door and this HUGE DOG comes out and
starts eating at the door! O.o I was like oh my goodness that poor door! Luckily it was there because that could of been my leg!
So that was a fun night and day!
Saturday was the start of General Conference and it's probably
super funny to see missionaries when they are going to General
Conference because it looks like the long awaited time for a movie to
come out and they are going to the midnight showing! We were super
excited to go and I really loved this conference because of the messages
given especially the subjects to each session seemed to flow a lot!
Saturday seemed like the Plan of Salvation day because most of the talks
I felt like had some form of connection to the Plan of Salvation! My
favorite talk though that day was probably Elder Russell M. Nelson's talk
when he talked about his study in the topical guide so I decided to do
that! Especially since he said he is a completely different man because
of it! Also when he chastised everyone for only saying Atonement and not
focusing it back to the person that performed that event which is the
Lord Jesus Christ!! So I am never going to do that again! I feel like if
I do now I am going to be struck by lightning or something!
Our day was booked because of conference on Saturday, but we did
get some good views that day because the stake center is on top of the
Palos Verdes Hill which always is the most beautiful drive if you take
the coastal road!
So that was Saturday and Sunday was just as GOOD!
My favorite talk on Sunday as you probably already know is Elder
Costa's talk where he just invited any investigators watching to pray,
read the Book of Mormon, go to Church even if you feel uncomfortable
with the new situation, and be baptized! Haha I thought it was really
AWESOME! Elder Dayley and I were like OOOOOOOOH! Inside not on the
outside because we were in the chapel. I loved that talk our
investigators had to leave after the morning session because their kids
were getting bored so they went home and watched it on the TV which I am
hoping when we go by there they heard him say that! After Conference we
went and worked in our area some more and we met some pretty cool
people! We met this lady named S and she is really smart, she
helps those looking for jobs in software development and she has a
degree in that as well, but she wanted us to come back which is awesome!
I actually expressed to her that I was thinking about going into
Computer Programming and she gave me a few pointers. I was like sweet
two blessings in one! Not focused on the second too much though!
So our Sunday was also filled with miracles as well we got a call
from one of the referrals we got and we set up a time to see her on
Thursday which will be cool as well!
That was the run down of the week!
The area is still really awesome and Elder Dayley and I are still
having too much fun! It was funny when I was in my interview with
President Haynie he tried to talk to me about school stuff, but luckily I
reverted him back to a different topic, haha! I have enjoyed and am
still enjoying so many experiences! We actually had this long talk with a
guy we met just Yesterday before we went in and he had his baby
daughter blessed in the Church while he was still in Utah and he
actually was never baptized his father was, but went wild and crazy with
worldly things and so it surprised me to see this guy, because he is so
nice and everything and because of the action of a parent he is
faltering in the Gospel. It made me think about how glad I am for my
parents and also made me think what an impact it would make if I were to
do the same as this guys father, so I have made that commitment to do
everything read, pray, go to church to make sure that doesn't happen I
always worry about the amounts of missionaries that return home and fall
away from the Church and I am determined that it doesn't happen to me. I
know that will come from serving these last few months with all my
heart, might, mind, and strength and to always remember that it is the
Lord's work, I am just privileged that the Lord allows men and women to
experience this and I know that the Lord needs instruments in his hands.
It's a humbling experience.
I am happy to be able to share all these experiences as well! I will keep trying my best to remember them!
I know that the Church is True! I know we have living modern day
prophets and apostles that lead and guide us under the direction of the
Lord Jesus Christ! Keep being awesome and I love you all!
Love,
Elder Jacklin
Elder Jacklin
Haha we have a joke too because I was talking about humility and we
always have the joke of "Yes I AM THE MOST HUMBLE MISSIONARY!!" In the
most prideful way possible, haha! Don't do that that's still prideful!
>:( haha
Love you I have not clue why I put that in there! Sorry I am just going crazy today!
No comments:
Post a Comment