Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Great Week! Interesting Easter

Hello Family!
This week was so cool! So many blessings seen! We had some very interesting experiences this week, but it was really cool! I will start off with the run down. ðŸ™ƒ
So Monday we had a good time, we played basketball and hung around with the Carson and Harbor 3rd Spanish Elders which was fun! We mostly were making card board iPad cases, Elder Dayley had made one and now they are the craze in the mission. So he was making it for an Elder for a rubics cube. So that was fun, I'm making one, but probably won't use it too much, it's cool because he makes it so it looks like a normal package, but it can fit your iPad and your Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price in it! So that was fun I also know how to solve a rubics cube which is awesome, I've never known how to.
After that activity we had FHE at the Church which was fun, we helped set up and the regular clan showed up, but it was cool because sometimes we combine with the Cabrillo Ward which is the Spanish Ward, for the dinner afterwards, so there was many food. It was good C is a normal attendee at these now which is good, because he doesn't have a family really to go to for FHE. He is doing good still too, he is excited to receive the priesthood when Bishop gets back in town because he is ordaining him so excited for that. 
So Tuesday that was a fun day! We had our temple day at the Los Angeles Temple which was great, it's always great to be able to go to the House of the Lord and to feel his spirit. I definitely want to have a goal to go to the temple regularly when I get home. After temple day we got back and visited some potentials and went to dinner and then we saw the Ch's and they are doing pretty good. We invited them to a event at the Temple Visitor Center, they are showing the new restoration videos there so we are going with an investigator and hopefully they will come too. It sounded like they would have time! That was our Tuesday in a nutshell, because I can't remember if anything really crazy happened that day.
Wednesday we had weekly planning which is always fun. After that we went to some potentials. We met some cool people. We then left to C's place to teach him about the priesthood and he understood more which was awesome. He actually is giving a talk on April 30th which is really good. Then after that we went to exchange with the assistants to the president. So we went with Elder Branham I can't remember if I told you he is from Lehi which is pretty cool. So that was fun we were in a trio for the day which was fun. 
So Thursday we were in Inglewood for the day in the APs area and that was really fun. We met some pretty interesting people, we had a lesson with a lady that wanted to hear a Easter message, but when we brought up the Book of Mormon she tuned out... I don't know what's up with people freaking out about a book that's not in the Bible. It was pretty fun though the boyfriend got interested though which was cool. 
After that we met this guy that said, "Did ya know that Jesus' disciples never saw Jesus when he was resurrected." And later on we said we were in a hurry and he said, "Wait do you wan to hear what Jesus said to his apostles after he was resurrected!" And then we were like, "Wait I thought Jesus's disciples didn't see him after he was resurrected!" 
Haha so that was fun.
So Friday that was a fun day we had DM and then after that we had some time to visit some potentials and then we saw the Ch's again. We invited M to Church again and she said she would be available. Which is a big step because she would always tell us she has work, but she has been more available now.
So Saturday we had a children's baptism we went to with some non members that were there. So our day was pretty busy. We also went to be ushers at a funeral with 350 people there and the majority were not members. It was a church full of baptists. So that was interesting it was awesome because our ward mission leader was there in place of bishop so he just threw down on everyone and everyone loved it and so that was awesome.
Sunday was good we had a good amount of people come to Church. So it was very interesting after Church we were out contacting and we knocked on a door and we talked to a satanist which was really interesting, but in turn we had a miracle. We called a lady we were trying to find and she said she was on her way back on the bus and so we told her we would call her later and we met her on our way back from her apartment which was a miracle. So that was really cool.
That was our week and my Easter was really good. I love being able to focus on the Savior and his resurrection, BUT we need to do that anyways.
Well I am doing great no worries and I am ready to kick trash!
Thanks for all the support and the love you all have given me. I love you all!
Also I haven't gotten my package yet Mom, but it should get to me this week. 
Alright Love you!

Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin

P.P.S: I promise to send pictures next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment