Hello Family!
We had a great week I am excited to share in some detail of what happened. Also I just sent some videos and pictures as promised and I will keep trying to send some. The struggle for me is just remembering to take my camera out.
So this is what happened this week.
Monday was a good time as always. I got a little caught up in all the funs of P-day that's why my email was a little crappy, but this one should be good! So we played sports and board games with the Torrance North Zone Leaders and with the Carson Elders which was fun. After our P-day activities Elder Dayley and I went to have dinner by ourselves the first time in a long time of not being fed. I have just served in the most feeding wards ever. We always have dinners in the wards I serve in. Watch if I get transfered it's going to be a ward that never feeds the missionaries. Haha That won't be fun. I have hope that it won't happen. After feeding ourselves we walked around and met some cool people. We tried a place with a less active member and we talked to this guy outside just chilling and smoking, and we talked to him for a bit, but he wasn't interested, but the less-active member lives there which is great. So that was a good memory of Monday!
Tuesday was even greater we went on splits actually with some of the 18 year old young adults in our ward and so I went to an appointment with L and D and they are really awesome I don't know if I told you all about them, but L is Lutheran and very faith related while D is into the gospel, but he is more logically thinking. So it's pretty interesting talking to them, but L loves having us over. She understands a lot and loves meeting with us. She loves also us as missionaries because she wants her son D to do that. D is 14. We had a lesson about The Restoration of The Gospel of Jesus Christ and that was the most bold lesson of The Restoration that I have had on my mission. It was very centered on questions and it pretty much turned into me telling L that Martin Luther was an inspired man and did a lot of good, but was not a prophet which means there is still more that she can gain from reading the Book of Mormon and she understood a lot and ended up at the end saying, "Honestly if I come to the Mormon Church and switch I wouldn't feel like I am losing anything, in fact I feel like I'd be gaining something!" So that was cool.
After that we met back up with Elder Dayley and dropped the guys off and we went to some other appointments. Which one was dinner. The other after dinner was with the C's and we invited M to the Visitor Center to watch the new restoration videos about the translation of the Book of Mormon. So she said she would make it so that is going to be cool! Her daughter V is doing OK she thinks she is busy because she is a High School student. Haha So we are hoping we can spark some more interest in her.
So that was Tuesday and Wednesday was pretty cool. We had a quick day exchange with Elder Lemus and Elder Claredge and I went with my old trainee Elder Lemus which was fun we talked about our past experiences like having the cops show up at Sacrament Meeting and stuff. Haha So it was fun though we met some people and Elder Lemus talked in Spanish to people. So that is always a bonus.
It was funny for dinner too because we had to run to Del taco (ugh nasty) and we had dinner with two of the older members in our ward and so it was funny we looked like we were on a double date with some older folk. One of them put their arms around Elder Lemus' arm which was funny.
After that we exchanged back and Elder Dayley and I went with Brother I up to the visitor center for The Restoration videos. It was really cool, M showed up and really liked the visitor center and wants to come back for a tour which is cool! The videos were really cool as well I would totally suggest them if you can find them because I haven't found them yet on LDS.org so good luck! Haha
That was Wednesday.
Thursday was pretty cool we had weekly planning and then after that we had dinner and then went out and contacted around. We met with an old investigator L and she has been running into a lot of problems from a lot of medical issues which has been a problem a lot, but she was perfectly fine when we met with her which was cool. She is doing really well and she actually watched general conference at her house so she is super solid and she said she would come to Church, but on Sunday she twisted her ankle some how. So that was rough so that was a bit of a spoiler for Sunday. After that though we were done for the day.
We had a great week I am excited to share in some detail of what happened. Also I just sent some videos and pictures as promised and I will keep trying to send some. The struggle for me is just remembering to take my camera out.
So this is what happened this week.
Monday was a good time as always. I got a little caught up in all the funs of P-day that's why my email was a little crappy, but this one should be good! So we played sports and board games with the Torrance North Zone Leaders and with the Carson Elders which was fun. After our P-day activities Elder Dayley and I went to have dinner by ourselves the first time in a long time of not being fed. I have just served in the most feeding wards ever. We always have dinners in the wards I serve in. Watch if I get transfered it's going to be a ward that never feeds the missionaries. Haha That won't be fun. I have hope that it won't happen. After feeding ourselves we walked around and met some cool people. We tried a place with a less active member and we talked to this guy outside just chilling and smoking, and we talked to him for a bit, but he wasn't interested, but the less-active member lives there which is great. So that was a good memory of Monday!
Tuesday was even greater we went on splits actually with some of the 18 year old young adults in our ward and so I went to an appointment with L and D and they are really awesome I don't know if I told you all about them, but L is Lutheran and very faith related while D is into the gospel, but he is more logically thinking. So it's pretty interesting talking to them, but L loves having us over. She understands a lot and loves meeting with us. She loves also us as missionaries because she wants her son D to do that. D is 14. We had a lesson about The Restoration of The Gospel of Jesus Christ and that was the most bold lesson of The Restoration that I have had on my mission. It was very centered on questions and it pretty much turned into me telling L that Martin Luther was an inspired man and did a lot of good, but was not a prophet which means there is still more that she can gain from reading the Book of Mormon and she understood a lot and ended up at the end saying, "Honestly if I come to the Mormon Church and switch I wouldn't feel like I am losing anything, in fact I feel like I'd be gaining something!" So that was cool.
After that we met back up with Elder Dayley and dropped the guys off and we went to some other appointments. Which one was dinner. The other after dinner was with the C's and we invited M to the Visitor Center to watch the new restoration videos about the translation of the Book of Mormon. So she said she would make it so that is going to be cool! Her daughter V is doing OK she thinks she is busy because she is a High School student. Haha So we are hoping we can spark some more interest in her.
So that was Tuesday and Wednesday was pretty cool. We had a quick day exchange with Elder Lemus and Elder Claredge and I went with my old trainee Elder Lemus which was fun we talked about our past experiences like having the cops show up at Sacrament Meeting and stuff. Haha So it was fun though we met some people and Elder Lemus talked in Spanish to people. So that is always a bonus.
It was funny for dinner too because we had to run to Del taco (ugh nasty) and we had dinner with two of the older members in our ward and so it was funny we looked like we were on a double date with some older folk. One of them put their arms around Elder Lemus' arm which was funny.
After that we exchanged back and Elder Dayley and I went with Brother I up to the visitor center for The Restoration videos. It was really cool, M showed up and really liked the visitor center and wants to come back for a tour which is cool! The videos were really cool as well I would totally suggest them if you can find them because I haven't found them yet on LDS.org so good luck! Haha
That was Wednesday.
Thursday was pretty cool we had weekly planning and then after that we had dinner and then went out and contacted around. We met with an old investigator L and she has been running into a lot of problems from a lot of medical issues which has been a problem a lot, but she was perfectly fine when we met with her which was cool. She is doing really well and she actually watched general conference at her house so she is super solid and she said she would come to Church, but on Sunday she twisted her ankle some how. So that was rough so that was a bit of a spoiler for Sunday. After that though we were done for the day.
Friday we had Zone Conference at the Artesia Building which was fun
except Elder Dayley and I had to give a training. It was Cool though
because we had a lunch outside and there was a part time missionary
serving in our mission so he got his real mission call when he was
serving here and opened it and is going to the Provo Utah Mission. So
that was cool!
After zone conference we ran to the apartment to get to an
appointment we had with the R's which was awesome because we
haven't seen them in a while, but it's been rough for them so we went
over and basically we played board games with their sons which was fun
until our next appointment with a kid that is super solid for baptism
which that lesson was cool. He has a few mental disorders, but he
understands a lot of the gospel and how important it is so that is
really cool. So that lesson is awesome he probably won't be baptized
until June though because they are going on vacation for most of May
which is rough, but he will be baptized which is awesome.
That was mostly happened Friday.
Saturday we were on exchanges with the Redondo Elders which was
fun. I was with Elder Ashby third exchange we have had together yeah! So
we had a lot of fun contacting around. We ran into this guy on the
street and just started teaching him and he had some great questions
that sparked his interest in learning more which is cool.
After that we saw two fighter jets which was awesome Elder Dayley
wants to be a pilot and so I told him about them and he said he saw them
two because apparently they were just flying all over the place. So
that was cool!
After that we tried some people in a different area and then we had
dinner with the Redondo ward Spring Fling party. So that was fun.
That was mostly what happened Saturday.
Sunday was great we had a great Church service plus C received
the Priesthood so that was really great as well. As well the R's
came to Church and C actually gave them a ride, so he is already
giving service.
After Church we had a meeting with the Torrance Stake and then
after that we went to work contacting and we went over to L and she
wasn't there because she sprained her ankle which was terrible.
After that we had dinner which was great as well and then our day was done!
That was our week though. One thing I learned this week is that to
some people Satan tries many means to keep them from progressing which
has happened to L, but what is inspiring is that she is not giving
up still even though all these things have happened. So the quote I had
was from her because she has been inside because she doesn't have a
driver's license at the moment because of a car wreck she was in. So she
said, "There's not much to do.....I
started talking to my cats........I hate my cats!" Haha We were
laughing about that a lot! She is really strong though and we hope she
will find that light at the end of the tunnel.
I am doing
great though and the work is better than ever Elder Dayley and I
realized that we actually have been having a lot of work now in the area
so all the hard work is starting to show all the benefits from it so
always work hard don't ever slow down because it may seem like you are
having dead success because it does help in the long run! I love the
Gospel and it's been a great blessing.
Well I am going to close this email, but I love you all and have a great week!
Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin
Pictures from our hike, Really cool views, one is of Elder Dayley in front of the best sign ever. Haha #NoPrideIntended
No comments:
Post a Comment