Hello Family,
So actually the night after P-Day I got a call from the Assistants and
they told me that I wouldn't be Elder Taylor's companion in the Adams
Ward, but instead I am Elder Halverson's companion on the other side
of the Adams Ward. So they just switched me and Elder Ashby companions
which is still fun Elder Halverson is awesome. He is from Roy Utah, I
think that is finally a companion from Utah in a long time. Ever since
my 5th transfer.
So it made a bit of a switch so my area is near downtown, but just
barley out of it. So we cover an area that has USC in it and also all
the ghetto around it! Wooooo! I started in the ghetto I get to end in
the ghetto. Sweeeeeeet! So this week was super busy and a bit
stressful, but it was great, I am so happy to be able to just focus on
the area and not on other matters.
So this was our week.
Monday
So we went to San Pedro (Elder Cowley and I) because I don't think I
will be back there anytime soon. Haha it's a little too far since we
have a mileage limit for the cars and it's a bit of a bus ride there.
We hung out with Elder Olive and Elder Dayley there and I saw a few
things that bring back memories which was awesome. So that was a fun
P-day. After that I got to see C before I left and he is doing
pretty good, he just needs a bit of a push, but he will do fine.
That was pretty much our Monday, we had dinner one more time with the
T's as well and they are an awesome family as well. Shared a
brief message with Maggie Brother T's sister.
Tuesday
Today was transfer day and it was a crazy day, so I found out as well
on Monday that Elder Taylor and Elder Ashby's apartment was being
closed down and that they are now living with us... This is super rare
in this mission and I get to experience my last transfer so we have a
four Elder Apartment and it's a party. So I got there and we all went
and bought groceries and started our day out with syncing our area
books on the iPad and all this other stuff that just ate our day up.
So we ended up going around and I met some of the people Elder
Halverson has been working with, one family is Lazzerick and Miyosha.
(Dopest names ever) They are really cool just really busy, but we had
a lot of nice conversations, the one thing I have been working on is
coming on common ground with people which makes conversations a lot
better and less awkward. So that was a really good day.
Wednesday I met J and I will just make a big paragraph about
her, she is a returning less active member and she is the sweetest
lady, but she has had so much happen in her life. She has seizures
sometimes because of some of those experiences. So needless to say
sometimes we need to help her when we visit her sometimes. She is
super cool she is more active then the active members now so I Don't
think it would be fair to say she is less active anymore. So she is
awesome we helped her this whole week to move to her new place and we
are finishing up today because she has to leave by tomorrow so we are
helping her out, but the rest of Wednesday we had a good day with
talking to people on the street and stuff and it was good. We also had
a Zone Meeting and the zone leaders had a get to know you game with
everyone in the zone where you have the ball with the numbers on it
with questions behind each number. It was really fun! This zone is
huge though, LA Zone is probably the biggest Zone in the mission. That
was pretty much our day Wednesday.
Thursday we had weekly planning and then again helped J out
with moving. We had a visit with another returning less active named
D and he is super cool. He is Samoan and is super chill. He has
been reading and everything, but when we got there we met his
Brother-in-law D who is super cool. He always tells us I don't
need to convert right to read the Book of Mormon and we tell him no,
but there are blessings with being a member, but it's up to you. He
told us his life story pretty much and really likes us, he actually
offered to give me new shoes which is sick!
Friday was crazy so we had to get some new stuff for our apartment to
accommodate four Elders so we went with our apartment senior
missionary to empty out two closed down missionary apartments and got
two bunk beds and some other drawers and that took half our day and we
had to miss District Meeting which was rough, but it worked out in the
end.
After that we helped J and then after that we had dinner with
the O's and Brother O is actually from Lehi Utah which was cool.
We talked about the places we remember and stuff and he asked me if
anything has changed much. Super cool.
Saturday
Today we had our mission Conference and I had the chance to sing in
the choir and also disappointment Elder Oaks was supposed to be
coming, but he received word from Elder Russell M. Nelson that he
could be relieved from the assignment because it was going to be too
much for him. So we still had the Area Seventy come which was really
fun. We were able to ask questions which was cool as well.
Sunday was good the Adams Ward is a bit of a small ward. There are
about 65 in attendance, but we are going to change that, my goal is to
try and see if we can help out with the attendance in the ward, there
are many in the ward that are less active. So we are focusing on the
commitment of attending church with everyone we are teaching.
That was pretty much our week, I am excited though and this really is
a fun area to be in especially with the Elders I am serving with in
the ward. I really am excited and I am also excited for Connor, there
is a missionary in this mission that is from the mission he is going
to, he lives in Recife and I might be wrong, but it's super close to
the main city that the mission is named after. Well I am doing great
and I am glad that you all are too!
Love you all and have a great week!
Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin
No comments:
Post a Comment