Hello Family,
I can explain the title later, but this week was really awesome here
in Lawndale we had a great week. I wanted again to just share the
highlights of the week. So here they are!
Highlight #1
So the mission has these New Missionary Orientations for new
missionaries and I remember going to those all the time and learning
how to either begin to start off fresh when I first got here and also
when I was there as a trainer, but this time I got to be there as the
teacher which was a huge switch around. So that was fun it was cool to
learn from the new missionaries, it's cool because they still have
that fire from being excited to come out on a mission finally so that
was fun to see how serious they were about it, I am still having fun
so they have a long fun journey ahead of them.
Highlight #2
I was on exchanges with Elder Lozada and that was super fun he is
about to go home in 2 weeks and so he was a little bit "trunky" we
call it, but he is still fighting strong for those in his area. We had
a cool experience we were trying a potential when we had a guy come to
the door and he said she wasn't home. But we asked him if he would
like to learn more about Prophets and stuff. He was watching a
Hispanic show called the 10 Commandments about Moses. He was really
interested, but felt like we don't need a prophet today, but we
testified that we do and he looked at us strange like "Really??" So we
shared a quick minute of what we share and then set a return
appointment with him. So that was really cool he was being prepared to
let in the restored Gospel. Super awesome!
Highlight #3
We were weekly planning on Thursday when we were looking at the zone
map because we were figuring out a zone blitz, but Elder Cowley's CTR
ring fell out of his hand and it landed in a certain area so we
decided to try it out. We went over there and tried the investigator
we had over there and she wasn't home, but as we were walking we got
stopped by a guy who is really cool, his name is S and he was a
former NCAA Basketball Player and he has a good friend who is a member
who played for Utah University. So he sat down with us and we talked
and he is losing a bit of his faith, he has a hard time believing that
Jesus Christ is the Messiah and that he has come already which was
interesting. We told him if he ever heard our lessons and he said he
hadn't and he told us teach me your lessons and so we shared a little
bit from The Restoration and he had some questions, but he wants us to
come back. Miracle, follow the Ring Frodo!!!
Highlight #4
We went on exchanges and I went with Elder Mizuno he is from Japan and
it was a cool exchange we met some cool people and also we had a
service opportunity to help a member move out and I got to see my son
Elder Burns which was awesome! He looks like he is having a fun time
in Watts (The Ultimate Ghetto). We also had dinner with a member in
the Fardena Ward that was moving to Texas soon, but he served in this
mission so that was really cool. He actually served in the Spanish
Ward in San Pedro which was cool we talked a bit about the places over
there which was cool. He gave us this Japanese Candy too that is
apparently red beans it was really sweet. Super cool day!
Highlight #5
We met our boy C he is trying to overcome an addiction, but he is
doing so great he loves having us over which is awesome. We listened
to him play the Guitar and he is really good, also I have been
learning how to play Guitar which is really fun! It was good we shared
with him the Addiction recovery video about Honesty which he really
loved and he definitely understood the message it was sharing and he
committed to be honest with himself.
Highlight #6
We were out walking on Sunday night when we saw a former in the area
Book when we saw that they knew some members so we stopped by and the
members said that in the past the missionaries pushed too much that
the family became uncomfortable with them so we decided that we would
just walk by and see if we would run into them when we completely
forgot we were going to do that and we were walking when there was one
person out by his car and it was this 20 year old guy and we went up
and talked to him and he was really cool and we found out he was apart
of the former family and he talked about the missionaries and we just
had a really great conversation with him and so that was a miracle
because he was the only person on the street which we were like wow!
Well those are all the highlights I wanted to explain the title and it
was a really funny experience, we went to fill up with gas on Saturday
because the next day was Sunday and we needed gas and so we went to a
76 Gas Station and I went out to put the card in when I did everything
I needed and I was about to grab the gas nozzle when I looked at the
monitor and it said, "Memory Check........NO WATCHDOG!!!!! Bios Max!!
Pump out of service!" So I was so confused I was like WHAT NI
WATCHDOG!!! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!! Haha
Well I am doing great and I really am enjoying every second of the
mission. I love my Savior and he is so great to all of us. I have been
doing the study that President Russel M. Nelson invited everyone to do
which is going really well I love it.
Well I love you all have a great week I am excited to see those
pictures of Connors Graduation. Man that is so weird!!! MAN!!!!!
Love you!
Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin
No comments:
Post a Comment