So this week was a really good week. I will go into details, but it was really hot here in California and it is really hot right now, 90 some odd degrees outside and I am burning... So this was our week.
Monday we just had an Adams ward P-day we have district breakfast in the mornings so we had that with the District Leader and his companion. Super fun we just played Uno and other stuff until breakfast was ready. Real quick too I found out that our District Leader Elder Retamales played for the arsenal premier team when I was on the select team which I thought was weird because we had tryouts and everything at the same time, but never really knew each other. I thought that was super weird he also know Kyle Showerhammer really well so we were around each other back home, but never knew each other.
So the rest of our P-day we hung out at the Church and played board games. It's funny being in a 4 Elder Apartment with these Elders they are so crazy and we just have a blast and work super hard as well!
After P-day we went to finish up cleaning J's house so she can move the next day and that was good.
Tuesday was full of us helping J move in, she moved to a place literally across the freeway from Watts so she is just the free way away from crazy town, but the people she is staying with are pretty cool a few of them the others she is having some struggles with, but honestly is because those ones have had a lot of stuff happen to them so they kind of take it out on others, but she is managing. It was a good move in and took almost our whole day we were there until 4:00 and we started at 10:00 in the morning... phew.... So after that we had a lunch I guess and then planned and then we headed out to find people to teach. Was really good we found this one lady that we had been looking for that other missionaries met and she talked to us for a quick minute and we set up a time to come in July, but also she said if we tried and she was home she would make time. Pretty cool.
After that we went inside and our day was pretty much over.
Wednesday we walked a ton! So we got on our bikes and we biked to the Church and then just walked south trying potentials, talking to people and yeah... It was really hot! I was on fire! I have two pictures of Elder Halverson and I one that is when we got half way and the other is after we got back to the Church and we were just pooped! It was good though we had some really good learning experiences. We ran into this guy that stopped us and said that he had met with missionaries in Oakland and wanted us to come by which was really cool!
After that we tried an appointment and they knew we had it and left to go to their grandparents house so we dropped them from our teaching pool. Unfortunate, but it happens. After that we had Ward Correlation with Brother Tingey, I haven't asked him if he knows Sister Tingey, but who knows there might be a lot of Tingeys.
Really cool miracle I just remembered that happened on Wednesday was we tried this less active family and she said we could come over for dinner and it hadn't been set up yet so we visited her and she said her son who is like 4 years old was asking her when they would go back to Church and that hit her really strong so that was really cool to hear from her. The Lord works through many means to bring us back.
Thursday
Today we had weekly planning which was really good. Planned out next week!
After that we went finding and talked to some really cool people. It was really good.
We met with a family D he is really cool! He is this Samoan guy who is super cool. We went over and met with him and his niece and daughter they are all members, but are less active as well, but we are going to be having Family Home Evening with them which is going to be fun! He also offered to take us out to eat on Friday which was cool!
Friday
We had District Meeting and because we had to miss the last one we went around and introduced all ourselves and it was fun! One of the questions was "What is your Secret Pleasure?" Implying what is something you did back home that is kind of embarrassing and I won't share mine in this email. ;) Haha It was fun though we had a good meeting talking about working with members and we got trained to after dinners kneel down in prayer with the members and show them our map of the area we are working and for them to pick a spot for us to go and we would go there and then tell them about the experiences we had so later on today we tried that with D actually and we picked an area where we should go tomorrow which was cool we actually had some cool experiences we helped this guy cross the street which was really cool and we also got to testify a lot about the Plan of Salvation with many people there were a lot that had lost a family member or a friend, but we testified that they haven't lost them that they can be with them again. So hopefully those seeds will grow in their hearts and they will talk to the missionaries again some day.
After District Meeting we went contacting around and also we met with D that night to have dinner. We went to this Italian place and then D showed us "The Row." The Row is the USC (I don't know how to spell these, but) "Frat" and "Sorority" apartments we only saw the Frats out playing beer pong... haha they need the gospel!
Saturday
We tried out the area that we chose with D and I already described it.
But before that this was really fun I went down to San Pedro again because D who I taught with Elder Dayley got baptized so that was really cool to be apart of. It was interesting to see him and his family and also his mom L who I also taught with Elder Dayley is getting baptized next week. So it's crazy, because Elder Dayley was telling me about everyone that is getting baptized that we found and worked with like, M, and the I's (Even though they were already prepared for years)! So that was really awesome!
So that was a really amazing day for me to see that! I remember when I was over there I was thinking, wow nothing is really happening and I would have those doubts, but low and behold there was a lot happening and now these awesome people are making that step into the eternities.
Sunday
Sunday was really great we had a great Sacrament we always sit near J because of her condition, but it was funny this Sunday she accidentally fell asleep on Elder Halverson's shoulder and he just sat there like "Well what else can I do?" Haha Super funny!
After that we were at the apartment and we got a phone call from J asking if we could come down and visit her and she lives out of our zone so it takes crazy permission to go so I told her we probably wouldn't be able to, but after I got off the phone this thought hit me, if I am on a mission and it's my responsibility to help others and I turn that down how am I going to be an effective home teacher, or other calling. So we called her back and got the permission to go down and she was astonished about why we felt like we needed to come and we just told her the spirit prompts us in different ways and she was really emotional about how much God has answered her prayers and that she has had all these experiences when she has needed someone the most the missionaries feel prompted to come over and visit her. She is so awesome!
That was the big things that happened on Sunday, but that was our week!
I am super excited for these last few weeks. I know that it will fly, but I am pushing hard and I am excited to see what happens, Elder Halverson is super awesome and is such a hard worker which is what I was praying for my last transfer and I am so glad that the Lord blessed me to have a hard working companion! I love you all and I will send the pictures in a separate email, but I love you and have a great week!
Love,
Elder Jacklin
No comments:
Post a Comment