Hello Family, I think I have come to realize that I shouldn't say Love from L.A anymore because I haven't really been there so I will now say Love from Downey since I have been here for so long. It has been really weird looking back and seeing how long it has been yet how much I can remember when I first left, it's showing me that time is really flying it was funny how fast it was until Carlee finally came home. It's been really great here actually we have had a great week contacting and also finding others to teach. It was pretty funny we had this experience where we were contacting this guy that was the son of a referral we received and we taught him a lesson and even scheduled a baptismal date with him, but it was funny because he is graduated and works and is married, but the times that we have seen him he is playing video games on his computer and I was just thinking, man get a life, and then I realized that oops haha I can't really say anything. Hopefully that is me changing a bit. It was really a great experience teaching him though he is very fascinated in what we have to say, but is also a bit shaky about having enough faith to receive an answer to his prayers. He is a great guy though. We had some pretty funny experiences as well, in fact it was a moment when I thought some guy was completely not thinking straight, we went to this house and knocked on the door and clearly we could see some guys in there laughing and so my companion called to them and one stood up and said "What?" and we explained who we were and he said "No Ingles," which in Spanish is I don't speak English and so I started to speak to him in Spanish and he told us before that he speaks only Spanish and so when I was finished talking he said "No comprende," which means I don't understand which I wanted to say "YOU SPEAK SPANISH OF COURSE YOU UNDERSTAND!" whatever though I just thought it was funny how not very thought through that was I thought he could of at least had a better excuse than that. It's really fun being a missionary. So it's been really great here, I thought it was funny looking at the picture you sent of Connor at the table, the first thought that went through my head was pretty sad it was like in the movies when the man is waiting for his date, but they don't show up it was kind of sad, but I laughed at the same time because it made me feel like I was that person that was missing from that picture. HAHA Better luck next time! I also freaked out when Grandma and Grandpa sent the picture of me as a baby for a second I don't know why I thought this, but I thought I was an Uncle already without even knowing it, I was like. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! WHAT JUST HAPPENED AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME! O.o I thought that was cool though my companion made the comment of saying, "Look you came out with your hands already in the air like a champ," I laughed at that. All the missionaries here are finding out about what I had done before the mission and so whenever I meet a missionary that I don't know they say "Oh your the fast one right?" Whatever I guess. Valentines Day was pretty cool, we actually were given permission to sing in a choir for a multi-stake conference. We had great experience at that multi-stake conference, it was really cool with Elder Renlund's talk. He explained how everything we do differently than others in the world is because a boy of 14 years went into a grove of trees and prayed. It was really cool and I noticed that I need to do that more often especially when someone asks why we do something then I can explain in the same term that it was because a boy of 14 years went into a grove of trees and prayed and then explain some more what it means to do that practice or whatever it is. I love hearing from speakers on your mission because you feel like you understand them more when you are on a mission instead of off the mission when you fall asleep. Haha clocking out them Z's. We have had a terrific week and I hope yours has been as well. TELL CARLEE TO EMAIL ME! NICELY OBVIOUSLY! I really want to hear from her and how she is doing. I also have a return missionary out here who is going to BYU that she can prospect, haha sorry that probably was against a rule somewhere in there. I am really obedient out here trust me, Dad you were right I do obey even if I don't know why. It creeped me out also on Valentine's Day when the family showed us the new Youth Theme Video and one of the actors in it looked like Clayton Young and also looked like he was wearing one of the nationals backpacks as well so that creeped me out a bit, you might want to ask him if they used him in that. I'm starting to ramble now, haha. So how is the weather? I'm so mad how it got hot so fast I honestly want to take an ice bath some days and I need to baptize more people so I can get in water this Summer, it's really hot! We also found this abandoned "haunted" hospital which was pretty cool. We can't really go into it, we wanted to cast out demons in there, haha ah man I'm going to get struck down today. You all are probably going to be surprised how much I am changing with my personality, we wondered if all the missionaries here get more out going and crazy because there is so much crap in the air, but I don't that's what it is. Well this has been a great week as I have probably said for the tenth time. We really did, it was really nice, a lot of great things happened this week. I know that God is furthering his work here on Earth. I am so glad for all the help you all give me and all the love that comes from your support and treats I did get the package and nothing melted so we are good there. Gracias Madre y gracias Padre por usted amor. I am grateful to have such a great family and the great things that you all have done for me. I hope to hear more great things from you all. My companion is still Elder Olivé if you need to know that. He is Tongan and yes he can probably use me for bench presses in fact I weigh 150 pounds right now. Gaining weight Jordon is right I am fat. Haha Well I hope you all have a great week it was great getting to hear from you all I hope that you are all safe and good luck with all the new things happening especially Connor when he starts driving, he needs to be able to drive me home from the airport so he needs to get on the ball, but he has a long ways to work with which is good. Haha Have fun I love you all. Love,Elder Jacklin P.S Picture of me and Elder Olivé practicing singing with sunglasses we are so cool.
![]()
Monday, February 15, 2016
Love From Downey!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Elder Jacklin
P.S Picture of me and Elder Olivé practicing singing with sunglasses
we are so cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment