Monday, February 8, 2016

Love From L.A.!

Hello Family,
It has been a really great week this week, in fact it's funny that you
asked mom if I was exercising everyday because before I would just do
push ups and sit ups, but now my companion and I go running everyday
around this park near our apartment. My companion wants to lose some
weight. It's been great, I am running again. :)
This week has been pretty crazy we had a few slow days such as Super
Bowl Sunday and a few crazy stressful and busy effective days. I think
I will just go through the week to let you know what happened.
Monday
Well today we had preparation day, I kind explained how busy that was
going to the mission office last email. I did see my old companion
Elder Wiedrich who I was training and he was switched to Farsi. That
was pretty cool. We actually had a great experience talking to a new
investigator we have named L and she was someone who went to the
St. George tabernacle and she already had a Book of Mormon on her
table which was pretty cool. She was very into the message and wanted
to know it was true, it was funny too because she was wondering what
happened to the book of Enoch and knew things were missing from the
bible so she knew she needed to read the Book of Mormon so she can
figure out what things are missing from the bible. She accepted to be
baptized on February 28th if she knows it is true. I have faith she
will be baptized because she has that devotion to know it is true by
praying, reading, and come to our church.
Tuesday
Was fun we were able to start running today because my companion
thinks he needs to drop some pounds, in fact it was funny because we
had interviews on the 28th of January and President told my companion
that I wanted to run and that he needed to run with me, and my
companion was thinking it was presidents way of telling him he needs
to cut down. If he runs with me, he will lose pounds. Haha Well we
started today and he was really excited he thought it was nice which I
was surprised, we run around a park so we are still with in sight and
sound. It was funny he instantly went onto the scale when we were
done. We had a good day of contacting people. We had dinner at the
stake presidents house and then we went with him to visit L and
she really loved the visit, which I was glad because we didn't even
tell her we were coming. Well this next Tuesday we will meet with her
and have a lesson with the bishop so that should be interesting. Great
day though.
Wednesday
Well this day was really cool we spent some time in Compton which is
always fun. We were trying to contact a lot of our referrals which
most were either not home or not available. It was fun because we went
to this one house and my big Tongan companion Elder Olive banged on
the door and this guy opened the door and at first was mad, but when
he saw my companion he kind of cooled down. So don't worry no one will
even want to come near us, but that hurts us when we proselyte. :( We
had a cool lesson with an investigator we have named J and we
taught, but he is very stuck on the fact that he doesn't need to get
baptized again. We set up an appointment the next day I think he might
take some time to understand the message.
Thursday
Well today we had a surprise referral meeting which was for those who
have a lot of referrals still. Oops, that means we were in trouble.
Well it wasn't bad, President called me to give a talk which was
interesting. After that we went ahead and looked for people to teach.
Pretty much a normal day.
Friday
We had a good day on Friday, we taught this guy named R and he was
very into the message,the only other problem was that he will be in
Mexico until March 1st so we will have to see how he feels after
his trip. We also had taught this lady whose husband played at Utah
State University for football, unfortunately he messed up his knee and
isn't going to be able to play in the NFL. They were pretty cool
though.
Saturday
Today was fun we had the Spanish missionaries contact someone who was
really solid and set a baptismal date with him and so we got an easy
baptismal date. Today was pretty hot and it is not fun, I miss the
cold; 55 degrees does sound nice. We had a great day, you can obviously
probably tell that I am getting a little bored writing this, but don't
worry, I promised a long email.
Sunday
Super bowl Sunday, it was funny we went by for dinner at 3:30 at a
members house and we had dinner outside while they watched the game.
It was funny our ward mission leader was trying so hard not to miss
the game. It was fun too because a family we are really close with, one
of the sons wive's figured out the gender of their baby, and they did a
really cool way of figuring it out. So they went in to their ultra sound
lady and they told her to take the information and put it into an
envelope and they took the envelope to a baker and she or he made a
cake with either pink frosting inside to say it was a girl, or blue to
say it is a boy. It was pretty cool, it was a boy by the way. After
that we went and visited a less active member who actually is a Denver
Broncos fan so I found out the score. Go Broncos!
Well this week has been pretty busy. Answers to your question. I got the
package from Grandma and Grandpa. This was a very fun week. I am glad to
hear everything is going well. I hope you have a great week this week
and I will hear from you next week.
 
Love,
Palm treeElder Jacklin
 
We went to the first McDonalds.

More McDonalds.
Bowling.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment