Tuesday, January 10, 2017

I got ya this time!

Hello Family,
So I promised this time that this email will be better and so I
decided to make the longest email hopefully that I have ever written.
This week was awesome we had a lot of stuff going on and it was a
little hard on my companion because he got sick which is never fun. So
here is a run down of what happened this week.
We started the week off good we played basketball last P-day and
played Monopoly for only a short amount of time because Elder Dayley
and I had to run off to dinner and then run to an appointment. So our
Monday was pretty crazy especially since we are both new we had no
idea where to go and what to do to get done with all the P-day stuff,
but now we do! So we went to a members house on an air force base
called fort McArthur and it was scary we had to wait for the member to
patrol us in and I felt like if I were to just walk in I would just
get sniped by a sniper! It looked that real. We went in and it was fun
the wife of the member actually lived in Downey for a good part of her
growing up and she lived in the Downey 1st ward so almost the Downey
2nd, but she knew some members from there. It was fun they are the
D's which is fun Brother D he would talk to us and he was really
funny, he went to BYU Hawaii and he really didn't like the students
that would get in there, but just for a semester and drop out because
they wanted to spend a semester surfing and chilling at the beaches of
Hawaii. It was a fun dinner, we had to leave fast and tried an
investigator named L who is really cool, but she wasn't home so
that stunk, but after that we had a good day. Also sorry again for the
email and also for still not having everything ready for a package to
send, but I told myself I will send a package while on my mission and
I can't break my promise.
So our Tuesday was a little more interesting. So for our service in
San Pedro every week we go to a place called The Harbor Interfaith
which is a food pantry and clothing give away place for those who are
struggling and for the homeless as well. So it is real fun we are
there and sometimes the STLs and another companionship of sisters are
there which is fun. We had a good time stacking and putting crates and
crates of food where they need to be which is fun. It's amazing to see
people's faces when they come to the window they have and their faces
of surprise when they receive so much. It's amazing. We did that for 3
hours on Tuesday and then we headed to go visit some people. It was
awesome we visited some people that live by the coast and so we got an
amazing view. I need to make sure not to get to distracted by it, we
can see the ocean and everything. We met two less active members that
day one who is really cool and the other is a guy who is in his 20's
and really needs to get to Church he kind of does nothing for his life
right now, but he is really cool. So we will be working with him more.
We then had dinner with a family called the S's haha no coincidence
with that name living near a Harbor. They are cool they helped us give
pass along cards to the waitress and the owner of the Dennys we went
to which was great we also had a bit of a discussion with them as
well! That was fun then the rest of the night we were just visiting
the District Leaders and grabbing car reports from them. So that was
our day that day.
Our Wednesday was a new experience for me because I had my first MLC
(Missionary Leadership Council) which was interesting. It's weird
because we talked about some of the new stuff the Church is going to
focus on which was interesting to hear about, I can't say much, but
it's going to change a lot of the ways missionaries do missionary
work.
After MLC we pretty much had time to have dinner which we had Arby's
which I haven't had Arby's since I was back home so I downed that
Cheddar Roast beef sandwich like it was nothing, I was disappointed to
know that the Chocolate turnovers are no longer being sold which I
told my companion because he has never had Arby's is really
unfortunate. We then went contacting for a little bit and we met this
guy named J who talked with missionaries before and like to
discuss with them so we will see what happens with him he really loved
the missionaries and felt like they were his friends which is always
good. He also invited us to come and we'd have pizza haha which was
funny. He was a cool guy. That was our Wednesday.
Thursday was just as interesting we had our long weekly planning
session and afterwards we went to the Harbor Interfaith it was fun. We
worked on cleaning and this lady kept telling my companion how sweet
he is and so I kind of teased him a little bit. We we there for just
an hour, but after that we went to visit some people not much success,
but after that we prepared for our Zone Training Meeting which would
be my first Zone Training Meeting and so we planned for that and that
ended our night Elder Dayley started not feeling too well either which
was unfortunate.
So the next day was my first ZTM which was a fun experience we have a
zone of really new missionaries which is really fun. They all are
learning still which is always fun. We had some great trainings and we
gave a training and then we had a council with them about a zone goal.
So it was funny because they are all new and so we have 5 baptismal
dates in the zone and so at MLC we made a goal that 4 of those sons or
daughters of God will be baptized in January and so we went and
counseled with the zone about a goal they thought we could achieve so
at first they wanted a goal of 15 which haha doesn't add up, but we
did dial it down to 7 which the Assistants to the President were there
and after wards they talked with us and they thought it was the
funniest thing that they have 5 baptismal dates in January and that 7
will be able to get baptized... It was good and we hope they can make
that goal we don't really know too much yet about their areas because
we are both new so, but it was really good. We just thought it was
really funny. 5=7 Yeah!
After that we went contacting and then we had dinner with the R's
and Brother and Sister R actually I found out knew Cramer Morton
which is really funny. If you remember Cramer he ran for Alta High
School. I thought it was Cool! So we visited C and he wanted to
move his date to the 29th instead of the 15th. So we are going to work
with him for that. He is doing great though. Also Elder Dayley was
sick so we had to cancel our day short. That was our Friday.
We then had our Saturday of Elder Dayley being sick and we hardly
really went out, but we did see the I's which was fun! We taught
them about the priesthood so it was a really good lesson.
Sunday was really cool. We really had a great day at Church, Elder
Dayley and I introduced ourselves to the ward. We had C and we had
the I's come to Church. It was really Fun! We had a really hard
time afterward because we had an event at the Visitor Center and we
went up and C was going to come, but he cancelled right as we went
up. We had driven 50 miles, and we went back and we went to a part
member family and they were there so it turned into a miracle.
Well I am doing great and I know that the Lord provides a way for us
to find the elect. Well I was really excited to see your photos I
loved when you said dad was waiting his whole life to go to the Alamo!
Haha Well I love you all and have a great week.
Love you All!

Love🌴
Elder Jacklin

No comments:

Post a Comment