Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Love From L.A.

Hello Family!
So this week was awesome! We had a very crazy week and it was full of fun and some crazy things as well! 
So to start off the week! Monday was fun! So after our P-day we had a FHE at a members house called the M's and President and Sister Haynie came and spoke on the Atonement. It was good the Sisters in the Spanish Ward brought a lot of investigators and we had a lot, but only one showed up, but it was good. The Sisters showed us up though. :( Way to represent. It was good and so that was our Monday pretty much though.
Tuesday was pretty fun, we had interviews and so as the Zone Leaders we have to go and be there at 8:00 in the morning and meet with President Haynie and Sister Haynie, but we had MLC Calls and so we had to head our way to the Stake Center in Torrance which is 10 miles away from our apartment, not far, but far for this mission, at 6:00 in the morning. So it was interesting. We got there finished MLC Calls and then we prepared for interviews, President and Sister Haynie showed up with the STLs and we had a small meeting and started interviews. So interviews took up from 9 a.m to 4 p.m so our day was pretty much gone, but we went and saw C and he was doing alright, but we invited him to a concert in Inglewood with Elder Kawamitsu and his family which was really fun we were able to go, sorry I'm a bit ahead of time the concert was on Saturday. 
Wednesday
So on Wednesday it was just a normal proselyting day we had some time to go do service at Harbor Interfaith and then we had to have dinner early because we had to drive to Inglewood to go on exchanges with the APs. So I went with Elder Ham and Elder Dayley was with Elder Branham which was fun. So I had the awesome opportunity to have dinner and teach a lesson with the K Family which was fun. It was so powerful, probably one of the most powerful lessons I have ever been in. A.K. (prev. Elder K.) still sounded like a missionary still. It was cool.
Thursday was fun I went around with Elder Ham in the rain, it was pretty crazy we had a good time though. We met some pretty cool people and helped the APs find some people to take to the concert in Inglewood which was great. The APs have a new 2017 Malibu as well which is super fancy, I was really surprised apparently, probably after I am gone the mission will be using more of those. After exchanges we went back to San Pedro and got back to work and we didn't have much time so nothing really crazy happened, but it was good. At 8:30 we exchanged with Elder Black and Claredge in the zone and had exchanges again, I went with Elder Black. 
Friday
Friday was cool. Elder Black and I went and contacted like crazy to see if we can find new people and we had some cool experiences. Later in the evening we tried a guy that was going through a hard time, but the missionaries helped him through it and so we didn't see him, but his friend told us how appreciative he was for the missionaries helping his friend. It was awesome! We had dinner with the R's they are a part member less active family, they are awesome! Very Goofy! Haha They made us tacos! We then shared a quick message with them and then ran from there to exchange back, because Elder Dayley wasn't feeling too good so we had to go back to the apartment so he could rest.
Saturday
So Saturday was the concert day. We went and visited C and he just was going through a horrible time. He had some very unfortunate things happen to him so he relapsed with his addiction and so we are going to have to wait before he gets baptized. So that was unfortunate so he wasn't in the mood to go to Inglewood. The concert was great very weird to see an old missionary dancing and singing pop music, but it was great. Elder Dayley was so excited to see him because they were companions for 7 months as Assistants to the President. So it was really cool for him.
Sunday
Sunday was really fun we had the R's show up, C, and a eternigator show up to church, we didn't see the I's which was surprising, but it was really good! We then had a really cool lesson with a family in Harbor City called the T's and Brother T is the eternigator that came to church and he is really cool he just has some doubts he needs to get over before he makes the commitment to be baptized. It was really cool! We also met our ward mission leaders son who is opening his mission call today!
Later on Sunday Elder Dayley slept most the day because he was really sick so I called and talked to a lot of people on the phone and then planned for our other days!
So that was our week! I can't believe Connor got his wisdom teeth out, he looks like a storm trooper! :) I am also going to send some photos from the concert and exchanges. So it should be really cool! I saw at the concert E and her uncle and aunt which was awesome!
Well I am doing awesome and being a zone leader is really interesting really your just a missionary that has to do extra stuff. I really like how Elder Dayley whenever members ask if we are zone leaders we just tell them we are just missionaries, because to the members we are just missionaries no matter our calling and it's really nothing special or anything about being a zone leader I'm still just Elder Jacklin who is not even close to adequate to be a leader. ha-ha I told President in my interview is that I am going to be more enthusiastic when I talk. Since I overcame the fact that I don't talk at all to now where my voice sounds so boring so I need to throw some emotion into it. haha
Elder Dayley is awesome he is a great companion and the ward is awesome our ward mission leader looks like Brigham Young I can't remember if I mentioned that and also he lives on a boat which is really cool!
So I'm glad you all are doing well. I didn't have a chance to read your email yet, but if you asked any questions I will make sure to answer them either today or next week! Also with the package I am just going to wait till I find a great spot to get stuff you can't find anywhere else we had a guy today tell us of a spot, but we have to see if President will approve it because it's on the harbor. 
Well I hope you all have a great week! Love ya!

Love,
Elder Jacklin
The best missionary in the world (in all humility) jk
I am terrible!

Love ya!
 
Exchanges with Elder Black
 

No comments:

Post a Comment