Monday, January 23, 2017

L.A was not built for rain!!!!!!

Hello Family!
So we have had a great week! It rained a majority of the time, but a lot still got done which was awesome! So I wanted to just subject some things out real quick I'll first talk about the rain!
RAIN!!!!!!!!!
So this week was full of it! The worst of it was on Sunday which is probably when you got the flood news about. We had stake conference for the Palos Verdes Stake and so we had to drive up the hill to the stake center. I'll have to show you all it down here it's really nice, but when we went up to the stake center on Sunday it was just cloudy and rainy and so not much of a view. 
Stake Conference was good, but we had to head out to a meeting at another stake center in Carson for a Stake Coordination Meeting, but the rain had been pouring like crazy and there were literally rivers of water going down the hill and there were lakes of water at the bottom of the hill. So it was apparent that there were floods. So we didn't get affected too much as far as work went, but on Sunday the mission president told everyone on Sunday that when it gets dark we all stay in unless we have set appointments then we drive to them and back.
The Area
So the area is doing great we had an awesome miracle!! So every Friday we meet this family called The Robinsons so every Friday we "Meet The Robinsons." So they are less active, but they are returning and their son is 9 years old and so we are going to work with them to get him baptized. So we went to their house of Friday and after dinner we talked to them about how we wanted to help them get their son baptized and so they can go to the temple and get sealed as a family. So they were all for it, so much that when we had our lesson after wards the parents invited the son to be baptized and set a date for Feb. 4th so we are going to work with them. So that was really awesome!!!!
Also we visited C which he had a hard week last week, but we visited him with a member and he was awesome. The member testified so strongly about the truthfulness of the gospel and how it helps us overcome addictions and it was just what C needed and it was amazing. 
That was the big things that happened in the area as far as anything goes. Well actually I just remembered that our Ward Mission Leader's son got his mission call to the Philippines, but I can't remember which mission it was. So that was a big thing.
Zone Leader Stuff
So we had a lot go on this week. First I wanted to talk about the stake coordination meeting which was interesting. We were super stressed because we were late...the copy machine was broken...and the stake wasn't doing to we'll, but it turned out pretty good. 
Also since Carlee is home from her mission, we had a pretty crazy experience with the Sister Missionaries. So they were teaching someone and they dropped him and he started stalking them so we had to figure that one out and so the Sisters were moved probably just today and Elders were placed in.
That was the the new stuff we had to take care of. 
Monday
I forgot to tell about our P-day last week we went to the Korean Friendship Bell and we did a slack line which was really fun. We also just took pictures and such so it was fun!
 Well it was a fun week full of rain, sorry I didn't get pictures to send today, but next week I should get some. Also I was able to get some T-shirts for you all so I will send them next Monday so just to let you know.
I have been doing great my companion and I are having a lot of fun together. I am so excited I am freaking out about February coming up and that I am going to be an uncle soon! AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So excited!
I hope Jordon stays close as well, that would be convenient so that I can befriend the little guy and so I am his favorite uncle, just kidding all the kids are going to not like me at all... I'm too crazy! O.o 
I am excited for this next week. Week 5 in San Pedro and just yesterday Elder Dayley and I finished our sister missionary mission. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S GOING WAY TO FAST!!!!
☹️
It's been a great week though, just got to go day by day.
Well family and friends, if I have any more, just kidding. I love you! 
Love the emails and the stories mom! (Had to be specific) And I love the mail! (Family)
Have a great week!
Gospels true too!
(Forgot to add in my testimony)

Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin

P.S: What's the cheapest way to send a package? That would help me out a lot next week I don't want to mess up and blow off a ton of money for no reason. 

(I just looked back at my email and it looks like I just added all that extra stuff to cover more space...oops!)

No comments:

Post a Comment