Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Love From L.A

Hello Family,
This week was really great we had a lot of fun stuff happen, but I
thought I would just give a quick rendition of the week.
This week we had a lot of fireworks going off, I don't know what's up
with people in La, but there needs to be a build up before they light
up the sky on 4th of July. I honestly am really excited for 4th of
July tomorrow, it goes crazy here and it's crazy fun!
So this week Elder Halverson and I have been finding, finding and
finding. We had a few appointments that fell through, but that's
better than having none! So we have been doing great. We have talked
to a lot of really cool people and I don't know why, but for some
reason we keep on running into people that talk about how their
grandson returned from his mission, or I just returned from my
mission. Haha We ran into this really sweet lady named H and her
grandson just returned in June and he is with his adopted family, but
she talked to us about them and she showed us pictures and stuff and
she is really cool. She asked us how long we would wait to get married
because she is sick and tired of hearing her grandson say that he
wants to get married right away. Haha I didn't answer that one. So
that was really weird, but I never go home so I have nothing to worry
about.
We ran into some other really interesting people, we ran into a guy
that stopped us and said hey you all are Mormons right? And we said
yes, and he told us, "Your Church was restored by Spencer W. Kimball I
remember reading about it," I was so confused and he explained to us
that he read something that said that The Church of Jesus Christ Of
Latter-Day Saints wasn't fully restored until Spencer W. Kimball and
started talking to us about it so we testified that Joseph Smith and
all those that followed him up to Spencer W. Kimball were all prophets
too, but he told us that's false doctrine...?????? So that was an
interesting contact.
We also have had some great success we were trying to get in contact
with a recent convert and Elder Halverson finally met him, I was with
the District Leader though on exchanges which was fun too. I got to go
to the Jungle with him, it's this place that is talked about a lot in
the mission as the most packed area of people and they are all crazy,
almost all of them... I can't remember if I already said how
significant it is that Elder Retamales is my District Leader, but he
played on Arsenal back home and he played on the team higher than the
one I was on, but he knows a lot of people I know so it was fun
talking to him, he also spilled some of the beans on what has changed
back home... #GoldsGymIsNowVasaFitness #Crazy #IAintTrunky
We had some cool experiences on exchanges as well, I have learned to
love learning from others. All the things I have learned from my
mission was watching the great examples around me which has been great
for me. I wish I could be as great as a missionary as the missionaries
out here serving right now, they are so Cool!
We also had a temple/interview day, but for me it was just a temple
day, because President Haynie says he will have a LONG interview with
me this week. The temple is always awesome, I am so grateful I got to
serve in a mission with a very accessible temple. I have my last day
in the temple on the mission this week on Thursday which is going to
be a sad experience for me. I have really loved going to the L.A
Temple, but I will need to visit! πŸ‘ The temple is a great place to
really ponder and you receive so many spiritual Promptings in there
that it's like the angels are all right there, which they are! Crazy!
We had a great Sacrament Meeting as well, we had some families visit
because of 4th of July, but our 1st Councilor in the bishoprics family
came and they all are getting married one was sealed to his wife the
other is not getting sealed, but it was funny the 1st councilor said
over the pulpit that he hopes that his sons wife will consider joining
the Church. Haha I loved it! I didn't get a chance to bear my
testimony, but I thought about it I bear my testimony 24/7 to people
on the streets and those I come in contact with and it's so amazing to
know that we can share our testimony with others to give them that
chance and see if they allow the Spirit to enter into their hearts and
open up to the Gospel. One of the 1st Councilors sons in Priesthood
also made a good comment about how in Joseph Smiths time the preachers
were saying that the other churches were bad and reached bad things,
but he said I never have heard once the Church sending out doctrine
that states that all religions are evil, he said we don't say that,
but we do say come and receive the Fulness of the Gospel, everything
in full those plain and precious parts that were lost brought back.
It's so cool! It's so true as well and I know it's true that Heavenly
Father has lit up the way for others even see how happy, how loving
every member of the Church is, if they are not then they are just
human, but I know that this Church is lead by Christ who is lead by
the Father. I know we are all his Children and have a divine purpose.
We had a great talk with J because she was asking what is my
purpose, I can't do anything, what is my purpose and we said Elder
Halverson and I both felt the spirit testify of this that she was
there to strengthen others in service. She needs help and I know
service changes people and that was so cool! She said "Man its as if I
already knew that!"
I know this email turned into me blabbering about how awesome the
Gospel is, but if you'd let me I would go on for ages! Haha I love my
Heavenly Father so much and I love you all so much and it's sad for me
to know that the end is coming, but I am not focusing on that I am
focusing beyond the finish line, I need to carry this on afterward and
I need to look on to that. I know I promised pictures last time too
and I completely forgot so I will send some this week, I love you all
and hope you have a great week!

Love,
🌴Elder Jacklin
District Photos some are goofy, but others are not.

Hello Family





No comments:

Post a Comment